Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dublin Venue

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

.B.R. wrote:
    Any updates on this track lads?

We're still waiting to get the container and track markers moved.

MiCk B. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

what ever happened this? all this talk to be dropped? i dont know if anything has been posted as a new thread but any word/pics on it? nlc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

MickB
    Is there racing going on at Taney at the moment?

We're finished in Taney for the winter.

Still waiting on getting the container moved. It's taking much longer then expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kevin dublin

Hi Guys,

There was a offroad electric buggy National round held in Lucan on the 14th. It was my first visit to an offroad event & I was impressed.

There was jumps, hills etc.

I think it shows what the potential is if guys get organised & are willing to get their collective hands dirty.

I've included a wide shot of the track. I have lots of other pics of the event, If you want I can post them.

Kevin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

How did you go about getting the land for the track???

Hi Slim,

I'm not directly involved with the club Mick helps to run but dealing with the parks or any county council is fraught with bureaucratic procedures.

If you put yourself in their position why should they give land to somebody who just asks for it?? How many people are going to use it, there is no point in saying there's loads of lads blah blah, they want to see how many. Why should they put effort into developing a site for a small handful of guys??

They will also want to see club insurance BEFORE they allow access. This tends to cost between 500 - 750 Euros.

Ideally you need a timing system using transponder so you know who has won!! This can cost between 2500 - 3500 euros + you need a laptop, PA, powersupply etc. etc.

It can be done but it can take years to get something off the ground & because it's not your land you have to get permission for ANYTHING you want to do with it.

Mick is just at the start of developing a new site as they have to move from the site in Lucan so If you want to have an offroad track in Dublin my advice is get involved.

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Id love to get involved in it kevin, but alas I am down south in the other capital (of culture) :-(

Hi Slim,

Sure you have loads of land down there, just move the cows & sheep out of the way :D:D:D (From a Dublin Jack'een)

Here some more pics from Lucan. I've kept them very small in file size & low in quality to help anybody using modems.

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Sure you have loads of land down there, just move the cows & sheep out of the way :D:D:D (From a Dublin Jack'een)

Although it was intended as a joke I'm sure, you wouldn't believe how big a problem that can be :)

Nice track, though I probably couldn't tell a nice track from a horrible track...

• Advertisement

Pics look good. It seems ideal :)
    What made you start the new track? Bigger better circuit?
    Or will both tracks be going together?

Hi,

My understanding is that the County Council want to make a car park bigger at the original site & want to use the land the track is on :mad:

The new site needs alot of work, its the track some of the lads from this forum went to & thought it was crap. The pics from Lucan show what the potential is for the new site but as I said if lads help out it could be one of the best offroad tracks in Ireland.

Kevin

Hi,
    My understanding is that the County Council want to make a car park bigger at the original site & want to use the land the track is on :mad:
    That sucks , but if the new spot ends up as a better venue, then it might turn out to have been a step up ... :)
    The new site needs alot of work, its the track some of the lads from this forum went to & thought it was crap. The pics from Lucan show what the potential is for the new site but as I said if lads help out it could be one of the best offroad tracks in Ireland. Kevin
    The potential is what is important. You don't have to make it all in one year, if a feature is added on every few months, it will get there in the end. But that approach depends on the guys being patient.
    I will do my best to get down to check it out during the week, but I don't have an offroader at the moment. (Uh Oh - a reason for another new model.. ;) )
    I'm in another club. We spent this afternoon shovelling over 8 tons of topsoil onto a model aircraft runway, levelling it. And we're not finished yet. Even small modifications seem to create a load of "donkey-work" :mad: .
    So I appreciate your hopes about the other guys chipping in to share the work load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 NitroCruiser

Hi,

I think it would be great to have an alternative to BoyzToys track or the St Anne's track.

I'm sure the RC shops like Planet Fun would send some people out to the track if you gave them the contact details.

I am only new to this but think there is definitely some potential for the track there. I was just out there today to have a look at it. Coool.

Cheers,
    NC

• Site Banned Posts: 313 ✭✭revo

Hi,

I think it would be great to have an alternative to BoyzToys track or the St Anne's track.

I'm sure the RC shops like Planet Fun would send some people out to the track if you gave them the contact details.

I am only new to this but think there is definitely some potential for the track there. I was just out there today to have a look at it. Coool.

Cheers,
    NC

Who are you and what do you drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

revo wrote:
    Who are you and what do you drive

Nice friendly post there revo.

Hi Revo,

I am NitroCruiser.
    I have a CEN that I want to race. It is a GX1 with 2 speed tranny and tuned pipe. I want to see how it goes against those other faster cars before I give it to my son to play with and get myself a faster machine.

What do you have Revo? When will you be racing and where?

Question for the RC Car gurus. Will installing the full bearing set in the car make any difference from a speed point of view?

Question for the RC Car gurus. Will installing the full bearing set in the car make any difference from a speed point of view?
    A little, (helps reduce wear too) ....but upgrading the tyres would give 10 times more benefit speedwise :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

The tyres would depend on what surface you want to race/play on. I its nice clean tarmack then I belive the foam give the best grip but they dont last very long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 .B.R.

Any more updates, we really have to get this offroad thing going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Bigger, more powerful engine, stronger steering sevo, swaybars for better handling and less roll off the corners also consider a new chassis I think cen have one for the GX1 made by JT. Its lighter and stronger, not cheap though. :confused:

That jt kit is for the CT4S, sorry mix up

.B.R. wrote:
    Any more updates, we really have to get this offroad thing going!

Only back last night from Turin was at the warm-up race for the Off-road electric worlds. Still trying to catch up with everything.

There is still no further word on the new track.

There is not much we can until we get the offical word.

Hi,

Went over to BoyzToys today for a go of their track.
    It's gone. Dead.

I hope the new track can start up soon.

So I am off to an empty car park.

Cheers,
    NitroCruiser

Is there a true off road track with ramps in Ireland. I have a T-maxx and gets boring going to the same place.

Hi,

Nitrocruiser:
    The track in BoyzToyz has been gone for a while. I've heard they are not going to build a new track. It was not worth their while supporting RC not enough revenue from the track + shop.

I doubt if the business man who owns the entire lot will be interested in building a track unless you have heard otherwise?

Plug:
    Go back & read all the previous posts on this thread, then you will have your answer!!! :D

Had a fantastic days racing in St. Annes yesterday, 25 racers & some top notch racing as good as anything you would see in Europe.

All the best

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Where in St. Anne's Park is the race track?
    If I am coming from from the M50, what are the directions?
    Wouldn't mind popping over to have a look at you guys flying round the track.
    Are you there saturdays & sundays or do you do weekday evenings during the summer? What times can I see a race at your track?

Cheers,
    NitroCruiser.

Hi Nitrocruiser,

Have a look at www.orcaireland.com.

It has some basic directions to the track, pics + race dates etc.

Have a look at the forum section.

Kevin

Cheers Kevin,

I intended heading over to St. Anne's yesterday but couldn't make it. The joys of having kids :)
    I was in an empty car park yesterday evening adjusting my 2-speed transmission.

So you guys in St. Anne's are driving Serpents and Mugens from the looks of the web site.

Is everyone driving pretty much the same type of car or is there a good representation of the different Rc car manufacturers?

I am talking about the 1:10 scale races.

Cheers,
    NC

• Advertisement

Hi NC,

We have a club round this Sunday.

Most of the makes are run, Mugen, Serpent, Kyosho, HPI + a few others I'm not too sure of.

The Mugen MTX3 seems quite popular, most of the top racers are running this car.

Hope to see you at the track some time.

All the best

Kevin

Advertisement