Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some interesting email stats for IrelandOffline

Options
  • 30-03-2005 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

I spent the evening getting my inbox down from 500 to 200 mails. A lot of it was IrelandOffline related. I have a folder for IrelandOffline stuff and its broken down into 65 subfolders. One of the folders is for the Committee mailing list. Since July 2004 when I joined the Committee there have been roughly 2200 mails sent to that list.

On a quiet day I might get 5 IrelandOffline emails in total. On a busy day that can go to 150. We try and encourage as many people as possible to sign up to boards.ie and post about their issues here but many dislike forums and prefer to email us directly for help.

As well as people looking for assitance with dialup and broadband issues we also get emails from telcos, journalists, consultants, lobbyists, civil servants, politicos, lawyers and sales/marketing people.

Everytime we get into the press we get a large influx of emails too. Last week after the OECD report was released we got an exceptional amount of mail. It's funny getting begging letters from billion dollar consultancies asking for all the raw data from the report when they themselves charge a few thousand for a PDF report.

In total since July last year, we've probably received 4-5000 emails and sent a few 1000 back. It's also odd when your mother who can barely operate a remote control can explain LLU to a neighbour and knows who McRedmon, Nolan and Goggin are.

If anyone wants to join this madhouse remember that the AGM is in July, which really isn't too far away.

Advertisement