Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Transferrig policy from private to commercial?

Options
  • 31-03-2005 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I bought a new car, and need to transfer my insurance over. My existing insurance is a private policy but i need commercial on the new car.

Can the insurance company just transfer the existing policy over and change the policy to commercial, or will they have to cancel the current policy altogether and then start a new commercial policy from scratch.

The reason i ask is because im only 7months into my current policy and am wondering if they have to cancel it will I lose money because the policy was cancelled early. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No usually, you should be able to transfer, they may ask for a few euro to cover the difference. I have done this a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

i know this is a "how long is a piece of string question" but how much extra, on average is a commecial policy?

Advertisement