Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitch Drinks

Options
  • 31-03-2005 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

My "Friend" Drinks WKD and Smirnoff Ices.

He is a guy by the way.

I was wondering are these bitch drinks r they real manly?

I would be really interested to know.
    What do ppl consider to be "man"ly drinks?

R these "man"ly drinks? 19 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 19 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Sorry but what is the deal with all these alcopop threads at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Shanegggg wrote:

He is a guy by the way.

I would be really interested to know.
    What do ppl consider to be "man"ly drinks?

Yep, sure are.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Shanegggg

i know but i got drunk and had to post it.
    My friend is obviously a bitch.

Ps i hope this thread does not get bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

If you're going to drink to get drunk then you might as well do it properly and drink whiskey. Very nice with blackcurrant imo. Buckfast is an inferior alternative, although drinking a bottle of buckfast, and then progressing to whiskery is quite effective.

Water is the most manly drink though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Alcopops are where the future's at, man.
    And this thread is already very bad :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Are they considered 1337?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Shanegggg

yo matt its ciaran(4XCut) aswell. i know you don't drink but you cannot dispute the fact that that these drinks would be precieved as more feminine than other traditional drinks.

However'
    the truly humble always konw others and do not care if others know them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Shanegggg wrote:

He is a guy by the way.

They're certainly not manly, never mind 'real manly'. If drunk by a guy, it should be in the privacy of his own home, around consenting adults, under bedclothes and with the lights off.

A 'manly' drink is a drink that a woman would never, ever, in her right mind drink. Since the 1970's and the rise of the women's liberation movement, women have been encroaching on more and more of drinks that were once a male-only preserve

Moving out from Babycham (you're probably too young to remember it, and no, it wasn't made from babies) to harder manly drinks such as whiskeys and gins.

However, there's one rubicon they will never cross. A pint of plain is yer only man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It's a wednesday night after a bank holiday weekend.
    I have to suggest the alcopop guzzling members of boards.ie are in the early stages of sugar and alcohol withdrawal...

To the OP; drink WTF you want...leave your mate in peace to drink what he wants. Everyone's happy and no-one get's a neon tone bottle/pint glass in the face. Not that that would necessarily be a bad thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I sometimes think about this aswell... while I'm sipping from my glass of baileys in the pub.
    I like to mix my drinks because I get bored of drinking the same thing over and over again... and quite enjoy the sleepy sick feeling that goes with it.
    Start off with a pint or beer, then move on to a pint of stout, then some spirits like a neat whiskey/vodka, then maybe a rum and coke, then on to something in a tall stemmed glass with a pink brolly and some kind of frosting on the rim... then some shots :)
    Fúck it tbh, I'm not going to worry about people calling me a sissy just because I don't feel the need to keep up this macho front of drinking 10 pints of the same píss all night long... I hope you see the irony in people being too scared to drink what they want because they want to look hard :rolleyes:
    I want to try them all, and to hell with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

At least it's not about hash!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

A really girly drink is Archers, secondly WKD is aimed at men (remember the ads) but women drink it as we all know.
    A man'ly drink would be Jack Daniels.

If i seen a man or a women drinking alcopops i would assume they dont either like beer or the taste of spirits, isnt that why they invented alcopops in the first place.

Personally i would'nt refuse someone getting me an alcopop (aslong as its not archers)because at the end of the day its still alcahol and your going to get drunk from it after a while.

Hey, while I'm thinking about it...
    Wine in the pub - girly or not? (just out of curiosity, I'll still bloody well drink what I like)

Girly. Defo if its in the pub.
    Would you see Homer drinking wine in moes. Although it would be funny

Well I don't aspire to be homer simpson, so the image is lost on me really ;)

What about mixers like rum & coke or vodka and orange?
    Girly?
    And do you look at someone drinking one of the above and think "pff, he's got a softdrink (ie. non alcoholic) hmm, he must be the designated driver!"

Again, not that I'm bothered about it... just something I've always wondered.

Well I don't aspire to be homer simpson, so the image is lost on me really ;)

What about mixers like rum & coke or vodka and orange?
    Girly?
    And do you look at someone drinking one of the above and think "pff, he's got a softdrink (ie. non alcoholic) hmm, he must be the designated driver!"

Again, not that I'm bothered about it... just something I've always wondered.
    I had Vodka orange and zambucha mixed just there on saturday night but we were experimenting, im not sure if it feels girly, but the thing about it looking like a softdrink can sometimes depend on the glass there using.
    I think if you just get coke some pubs give it to you with a half pint glass.
    But in saying all that if the person goes tipsy you'll then know they were drinking.

Another thing aswell i met a woman who i thought was drinking normal beer untill i discovered she was drinking non-alcaholic becks. So you never know sometimes. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Vodka and peach shnapps, now that's a manly drink. Tastes nice but will makey you very drunk, very quick.

Alco pops are mostly for girls, unless in a niteclub where they're just handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

When you get to my age you don't give a toss what you drink. All this manly crap is for teenagers who have issues with thier sexuality who think manly = getting so drunk that your liver commits suicide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Please!!!!
    The idea of a drink being manly or not is pathetic!!
    its a drink he likes the taste!! the are fairly reasonable and some people like to drink them!!
    what do you drink ?? beer?? wu hu your manly!! eh nah!

its not what you drink or how much you drink or even if you can handel your drink!
    you drink what you want to! you drink what you like and if you know your limits and stick by them then you are a good drinker.
    FFS go get a life and leave your mate alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

How do ye all feel about the opposite? I'm a laydee but i drink Guinness. Manly or no?

• Advertisement

i'm a girl and me and my best fem mate usually drink JD on the rocks, now i dont drink wine(it makes me ill) or beer larger or cyder(i simply cannot stomach the taste!) but any spirt is welcome when your buying but when i'm buying its always JD!(no mixers)

is this manly! do you feel threatened when i drink it?

the black stuff is also one i can't drink but most of my girl friends do.

hey ever had a co(k sucking cowboy?? its a great shot!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Girls who drink Guinness are shecksy, mmmm.

And respect goes to any girl who can hold her own with a bottle of John Daniels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Does not matter whether you are a guy or a girl, alcopops are alcohol for people who dont like alcohol. That and rugby players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Daniels is mank! Too sweet. I'm a Jameson Red girl meself. Or middleton if I'm loaded. Straight. NO ice or water, it ruins a good whiskey IMO.

southern comfort for a night in with the girls and a movie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

/tries to remember the Dennis leary sketch about schnapps...

Alcopops? For kiddies. Not manly. Childish.
    Drink is supposed to taste like drink. not fúcking Coke!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

yo matt its ciaran(4XCut) aswell

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Pints of Bulmers for me.. I always knew there was something missing from Cidona when I was younger..
    If it's a Sunday evening, or if I'm going for a quiet pint on my own, then it'll be Guinness. I can't drink lager on draught, don't like the taste of any alcopops, and shorts, I'll usually drink as a chaser at the end of the night..

(got a gagging for a nice cold pint of Bulmers now!)

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i drink bitch drinks every now and again but i wouldnt drink bitch drinks all the time, because the insecure and moronic would think i was a homosexual plus they cost a hell of a lot of money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pffft thats just stupid I drink them frequently enough, dont care what anyone thinks, dont get any stick over it either, people dont really care about what your drinking!

But I drink whisky in equal measures, maybe that redeems myself in the eyes of all your typically traditional values :D

Advertisement