Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Links

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Edinburgh cycles, (http://www.edinburghbicycle.com) have shops throughout the UK create their own brand bike (as well as all the main brands)

Their own brand is 'Revolution' and they have road, hyrbid, mountain etc. They are VERY good prices and delivery to Ireland is reasobable.
    I bought one four years ago and it was a lot cheaper than what I'd get here for the same money.

One nice feature that some of their hybrid/commutior bikes have is that they just have 7 gears instead of 21...makes it easier
    http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwPNLqrymode.a4p?f_keyword=revolution%20urban%20bikes

p.s. does anyone have any good sites/online shops from outside UK- so that we can get a good bike without having to pay extra for currency conversion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

For all you retro fans, the Irish Raleigh Chopper Club www.ircconline.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 RustyRocks

www.021racing.com Cork based site
    www.mbcc.ie Mountain bike club cork-- Organise begginer to expert spins.
    www.hennessycycles.com Bike shop in Fermoy
    www.ballyhouramtb.com Link to new Ballyhoura trails
    www.mbul.csn.ul.ie Mountain bike site from university Limerick
    www.tftunedshox.com Great for spare bushings/ bearing kits and shock repairs/advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

Interesting (UK based) article on bike locks and security here

Sizing Guide - Geared towards road racers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

a bit of bling

bar stops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Not a link, but something worth sharing: workstand in a flash!

If you need to configure your derailleurs or drivetrain in general, and you happen to have a clothesline or sturdy tree-branch in the back garden, you could do worse than using an inner-tube to suspend the frame while you make your adjustments - easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

beans wrote: »
    Not a link, but something worth sharing: workstand in a flash!

If you need to configure your derailleurs or drivetrain in general, and you happen to have a clothesline or sturdy tree-branch in the back garden, you could do worse than using an inner-tube to suspend the frame while you make your adjustments - easy!

...or you could just hook your saddle to said strudy washing line. Problem is that it wobbles like f**k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I like my re-working of the wheel. Especially since I've no seat-post just yet!

Can the original post be thrown back into one of the other stickies or added to the wiki.

The useful links are..... useful.

I had to click back 3 pages to find this, imagine I waited a few more days, it could have been 4 clicks :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

clown bag wrote: »
    Can the original post be thrown back into one of the other stickies or added to the wiki.
    This thread was unstuck because it's on the wiki - http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Links

ahh thanks, I was on one of the wiki sub pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

daymobrew wrote: »
    This thread was unstuck because it's on the wiki - http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Links

Maybe it's just me but the wiki doesn't seem very user-friendly for searching.
    Perhaps add the link to this thread to the first post of the Cycling Wiki/FAQ sticky to aid the transition?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

You're right too, sorry thought that was in there.

Advertisement