Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

league of ireland star moving to ipswich ?

• 31-03-2005 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Waterford United star Daryl Murphy could be on his way to Ipswich Town if the English club can meet the £100,000 (€145,000) asking price.

Murphy spent last week on trial in England with Ipswich and the club were so impressed they want him to join permanently in the summer, though they have difficulty raising the necessary cash.

Waterford player-manager Alan Reynolds said: “Things went well for Daryl. He finished training and it is clear that they are interested in him.

“Joe Royle has gone to his board to see what kind of money they have to spend. But he seemed happy with Daryl and Daryl seemed happy with how the week went.”

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I remember he went on trial last season as well, but it wasn't the best timing. Would be a great move for him if Ipswich were to get promoted, but regardless it would get him a look-in on the Ireland squad.

He's a great talent, its a pity its going to take a move to England to get him a call-up to the senior Irish squad ahead of the likes of [cringe] Jon Macken [/cringe].

Bad news for the blues though, although they have been coping well without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

would be a great move for him, in a way i'm sure he'd prefer them not to go up as it would mean more possibility of first team action if he did go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

I hope he does make the move as ipswich are a good footballing team and 145,000 would buy waterford 4 very good players if they used all the money to buy players.
    Good for ireland too as the likes of macken is a waste really when you think of all the millions he has transferred for.
    Do waterford still have vincent sullivan then? sure willie doyle will more and compensate for murphy if ipswich can find the cash for him.
    If the move comes off best of luck to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Good to see Waterford are demanding a decent transfer fee for him. Murphy is a good player but Waterford seem pretty much resigned to loseing him, I hear Sunderland want him too. He'd be a loss to the league really but hopefully that'd be a gain for the Irish international team. Though quite why his U21 form alone isn't enough to get him a move into the senior squad when Ipswich seem willing to shell out 150,000 for him seems odd to me, we're not exactly blessed with masses of quality strikers atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Yeah but he's injured, think he'll be out for the season, Willie Bruton will do the job though, and Willie Doyle didn't seem too bad the other night

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Fair play to the lad. hope it works out for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I'm not suprised his form last season was sensational

Advertisement