Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlon 64 Overclocking

Options
  • 31-03-2005 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

This article puts a lot of info in one place. A very worthwhile read for all Athlon64 owners! (Not exhaustive but useful for those moving from Intel to AMD64!)
    Here
    :cool:
    dubdvd, read this and then show us that FX-55 blowing away all competition!!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Nice article mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

a good read thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Cleared up a few confusions I had :)

Nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Good article... I'm off to play around in my BIOS now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Great write up wiz i was just playing around with my bios ...and i got my memory up to around the 7500 in sisoft,s mem test "is this any good "im also very close to the 3ghz now due to that write up ...as overclocking the AMD is like starting over again for me as i always used INTEL ....and they are a fair Bit different to over clock or maybe its the amount of settings on this DFI mobo.as you can back me up on that wizzard "there so many so much to take in ;):D but hay thats what its all about :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

dubdvd wrote:
    Great write up wiz i was just playing around with my bios ...and i got my memory up to around the 7500 in sisoft,s mem test "is this any good "im also very close to the 3ghz now due to that write up ...as overclocking the AMD is like starting over again for me as i always used INTEL ....and they are a fair Bit different to over clock or maybe its the amount of settings on this DFI mobo.as you can back me up on that wizzard "there so many so much to take in ;):D but hay thats what its all about :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :D:D

The more options the better, there can never be enough ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I got the dfi nf4 mobo to, to many settings in bios for me :(
    I havent a clue what to (not to) touch when i was messing with settings the other day. I have to read that article again when i get home and ill get going again at some oc-ing, i wasn't far of windows stable with a 280FSB but dont know cant/should i touch voltages and which ones.
    Anyone know of a good walk trough for dfi mobo's?

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I'll post up a write up of the DRAM timings options in the DFI BIOS soon, once I get a chance, if anyone wants it?? Just some bits that I have collected to try to help me OC it.
    I am immediately limited by having 4 sticks of RAM, so I have to get everything really tight!

Gone back to air-cooling on Saturday and I miss my water. Temps are so high on air, even with a Zalman flower cooler :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Wizard: please do post.

I'm finding temps fine with a winnie 3200 and sp90 hasnt gone over 42C even with 8 hrs prime most of the time its in the low 30's

Advertisement