Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IolBB Caps Increased!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Blindpew

Mine says I've exceeded mine by 2 gb already. Am I supposed to stay offline now for the rest of the month? A 16 gb cap with a 2 bit line is foolish and should be exceeded by everyone as soon as possible. If people don't exceed their caps the service providers are going to think that their service is adaquate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Diabolus wrote:
    I went from dialup to adsl a long time ago...
    I bought it when it wasnt cheap.

Now im on cable.. :O

And another thing... You complaining about caps will not make a major corporation change their policies... and Comreg definitely will not fight the corner of a bigger cap.
    They want affordable fast BB for the average home user.

What...........?

Your on cable.....why are you even posting on this thread......did you even read the header..."Will iolBB/EsatBT increase Caps???"....???
    You have effectively a 30GB as is.....would you like me to ring up NTL and ask them to downgrade your CAP to 16GB a month..as you feel perfectly happy with such for all us iolBB/EsatBT users????

Please stop posting on this thread as it has ZERO effect on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

Yeah i agree with julius and also, 8 gigs and even 16 gigs, **** it even 32 gigs and 64 gigs is not right. We need to be given value for our money, 40 ****ing euro, i repeat 40 euro is the price of an 8gig cap broadband. I want at least 100gigs, which is the equivalent of 5euros worth of broadband. So guys i reckon we should like pester costumer service on there live help at least 4 times each of us a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

has anyone ever been charged for going over cap

Would someone speak up if they have been charged as I'll probable hit 20GB this month myself!!!

Safety in numbers and such...;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

I was onto IOL yesterday confirming which package I've signed up for, and was quite surprised to hear that they've increased their cap by 50%!
    That makes IOL Broadband 1Mb 8Gb cap -> 12Gb cap and the Plus package (2Mb) 16Gb cap -> 24Gb cap!
    Still haven't found this information on their site though...!
    Can anyone else confirm this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

yeah its official on their website 24 GB for the plus, also if u combine line rental and broadband its 49 or 57 euro for basic/ plus respectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

anyone know when the new cap is up and running ? I'm at 10 gig of 16 gig, and I have a warning on the usage calc telling me 5 days left blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

phoned them this morning to make sure it was for existing customers, it is, its for everyone.

effective this morning its 12/24 gb depending on your package.

have fun lads, although this looks like more ****e pings, as everyone uses the bandwidth even more :D

Al

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

Okay i still tink 12 gigs is terrible, we should keep pushing for more, i reckon everyone should go to there live help and ask for the increase to be 16/32 at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Ah thank god, a nice big download tempted me this morning and i was thinking what the hell, i'd go for it...even though i was over my cap, nice to see this confirmed, least now i can download without any worry of being charged :)

24gig is alright, that'll pretty much cover everything i need to download in a month, i'm happy....30 gig would have been great, but this'll do for now i guess

was thinkin that this morning too, where never happy are we :D

really though, now we have a little extra cap, id rather push for atleast a 256 up.

Well if we stop protesting for more then they'll get lazy and wont offer us better offers?!?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

24gigs...think i saw that figure fly by sometime last week already. How can they justify a 50% increase in cap when given 4 X the speed. I suppose its a start in the right direction..but nowhere near the 50gigs (minimum) I was hoping for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

I would be very careful about going above 16gigs this month. They have not updated their official BB website:

http://www.iol.ie/broadbandplus/bbp_faq.htm

My online download calculator says that I will go over my cap in 11 days despite having downloaded 8 gigs so far this month.

Even with the increase to a 12/24GB CAP...I have no doubt that there will be a huge amount of users going beyond that CAP this month.

It may stabilise next month....but people were always going to get excited using a new Faster connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Does anyone REALLY need a 50GB cap? What would you do with it? You would have to be buying new hard drives every couple of months! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Does anyone REALLY need a 50GB cap? What would you do with it? You would have to be buying new hard drives every couple of months! :)
    blank dvds / cds / blueray discs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i have a terrabyte of space its used up im buying more disks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

hehe i could use 50gb up in a month no problem. Nice to see a semi reasonable download limit at last i was starting to think it would never happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Eye

ok so is this 24Gb limit taking effect immediatly or is it from next month on or what?

i've got 7Gbs of my 16 used up and getting the warning saying i'll go over the limit in 17 days :(

if it was on 24gb i should be able to have 9.4gb's downloaded today before getting the warning.

quoting the guy on the phone this morning "effective as of this morning"

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Eye

fair enough i'll take your word for it and start downloading again :D
    will probably just take a little time for the stats counter to be updated

ya was checkin mine aswell, i have 9 gigs downloaded, says ill go over in 9 days, but im sure it will update itself. Im not to worried anyway, if I get billed ill give em hell for lieing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Blah 24Gb is nothing :( I was hoping for 30 something - oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Well the meter thing calculates usage at around 6 am every morning, noticed that since i am usually up at that time....so we shall see tomorrow if it shows new stats

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

What does that page say Ernie? I'm getting a "Document Contains No Data" message.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

hehehe www.esatbt.com is down for maintenance. Maybe they went over their cap ;)

Advertisement