Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bying PSP games from the US/Canada?

• 31-03-2005 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for retailers that sell US PSP games to customers in Ireland?

Checked out DVDsoon.com and Video Games Plus in Canada based on posts of other people but availability of any games seems prety lame.

Placed an order with DVDsoon (prices seem really good) but service seems abysmal so I'm thinking of cancelling.... (no way of telling if something is in stock or not until you place an order. Them, your stuff comes up as "On Order" and no updates for days....).

Any other recommendations? Price is important but I would not mind paying something extra for good service.

How do customs come into play when you order a couple of games, as they would be over the €40 threshold? Anyone stung or do most retailers mark the packages as gifts (Amazon.com does this by default - I regularly get region 1 DVDs and some music CDs off them - games do not ship outside the US though....)?

Are VG+ and DVDsoon the only options then for poor PSP owners on this side of the pond?

Any input from all you PSP owners out there would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://www.tronixweb.com/

Whats wrong with VG+?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Thanx - I'll take a look. Nothing wrong with VG+ as far as I'm concerned - I've never used them. Just trying to sort out what alternatives there are. As I said, I've only placed an order with DVDsoon (anything but it seems...) but that may be on the cancelling block. Do you find VG+ reliable then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I haven't imported off them but I don't remember ever hearing a bad thing about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

check out here

Thanks guys - both sites look interesting and at least they do seem to more accurately reflect what's in stock and what isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

check out www.ncsxshop.com also, theyre excellent

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Danger in cancelling with Dvdsoon is that as they charge your card when you order they will only give you store credit for cancellations, you have to fill an online form and wait 28 days I think before they cerdit your card with the funds.
    Also totally inflexible for multiple orders, they will fill each order as the item comes in and send the stuff to you piece by piece.
    I don't think I will be buying from them again.

I've given up on cancelling with DVDsoon at this stage... even the cancel function gives an HTTP error (Firefox and IE - no difference) so I'll just have to wait until they decide to ship out the stuff.... I'll probably just order some other games in the meantime from other places but this really sucks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I have the same problem cancelling with DVDSoon. Get a HTTP error with IE and Firefox

Advertisement