Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3200 and infra red

Options
  • 31-03-2005 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

hi, haiving some problems with this,
    when i switch on ir the phone gets detected as either "nokia 3200" or "fashion phone"
    i can send pics and ringtones to it no problem but cand send anything from it to the pc.

ive also tried some programs available,
    pc suite latest and an older version thats supposedly more compatible,
    mobiFX and moebius,

all say - no phone detected, even tho the little icon says "nokia 3200 connected"
    ive tried stopping the irftp service but no success.

im using win xp and a sigma-tel usb irda dongle
    ive uninstalled firewalls and antivirus programs, pc was accidentaslly reformattted last sunday so no spyware / virus issues

ive also tried usinf ircomm2k which makes an ir port pretend to be a com port , which worked when i had a sagem phone, but that doesnt work with this,

any help would be apprecciated, or is it possible the phone has had these featres diabled to encourage me to use mms?
    its a vodafone, unlocked and running on metoer now.

thnaks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

Hmmm....

Can you send pics etc to another Nokia ? If not try a factory reset on the phone, then try again.

If that works I'd say you just have some sort of connettion problem between your PC and 3200.

I don't think Vodafone could disable the infra-red on the phone, but then again. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah and try the auld digital camera trick to test the 3200 ;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

ill try with someone in work tomorrow for phone to phone..
    digital camera trick to see the ir beam?
    ir works to the phone, not the other way round...

factory reset?
    how to?

thanks for the help,
    jonny24 said to pm you but i forgot :)

Advertisement