Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat to announce new deal to compete with smart

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

So if it takes three minutes to unbundle how come it takes two weeks to get ADSL enabled by Eircom themselves? You're not seriously suggesting it takes two weeks even for Biddy to enter an order into a computer?

The thing I don't get is why the likes of Esat or Smart don't go for high-end products with higher margin instead of piddling around with €30-40pm crap. Smart are using ADSL2+, why not offer a 8Mbps service for €100 or 24Mbps or something like that. That would blow the socks off anything available in the Irish market, they would make plenty money per installation, and it wouldn't be a volume game. Going after volume in the current environment is insane. Leap are doing the right thing by offering leased line alternatives for several hundred euro a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

I too have heard about a "very" special offer from Esat after phoning up yesterday
    2mb/512 but of course it was just a person at the other end of the phone, she said ESAT will be doing a massive advertising campaign promoting this, if she is correct I guess they wanted the other isp's to show their hand and then go for the jugular?
    Can you imagine 512 up lol I would never have trouble with my BT ratio again lol

Would also like to point out would get much better game speeds as when I use to be with ESAT business on 512/256 I had pings of 30 and when I went to Eircoms 512/128 they went to 50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Though... I believe that the cap for the 2MB package is only going to be 16.

Low, I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Surely Esat could do the following:

Draw a list of the exchanges ordered by the number of Esat users on each exchange.
    Starting with the exchanges at the top(the exchanges with the highest number of esat customers) offer the users on that exchange a 'special deal'. If its anything like Smart people will jump at it.They then install the equipment and make the transfer.
    Not as simple in real life....but may be the best way to go about LLU

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

friend of mine in italy, order broadband, a day later his line was activated, (he already had a modem so he didnt have to wait for theres to come)

• Advertisement
Advertisement