Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stereo in Passat

Options
  • 31-03-2005 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Just got myself a 00 Passat and it still has installed the default Blaupunkt radio/cassette player! so found a Single loader Pioneer CD/MP3 player on Pixmania.....

Going to try and install myself and was wondering has anyone done this? is it hard? seen on ebay they are selling things to remove stereo....do I need them?

Also did anyone chip there's yet? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

did it in a 01 passat with a Gemma radio, which is a rebadged Blaupunkt, just google the type of radio and there are plently of instructions on how to do it, any decent motor factors will be able to point you in the right direction on any adaptors that are needed.

only problem that i had was that i was fitting a secondary din mounted 5 disc changer and it took a bit of 'modification' to get the changer to fit in the glove compartment

just a thought, you get one of the mp3 players (zen ipod whatever) you can get cradles which allow you to control the player via the radio, much easier to install, plus you take it with you so less chance of someone trying to break in to get it, my stereo is starting to show its age and that is what i plan to do.

to actually answer your question, no, it is fairly simple but make sure you have all the right adaptors, (would think 2-3 hours if you have never done it before and are taking your time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

SHouldnt be a problem

Putting this one into the car
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/89574/art/pioneer/cd-deh-4700mpb-car-radio.html

Cant see any problem....will just take a morning and should install it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

do you have the correct tools to remove the radio?

my mother has a 00golf and we had to removethe blaupunkt radio and it takes these two weird rectangular tools. unlike any other radio removal tools.

they go into these two slits either side of the radio, not at the edge, a cm or so from the edge. thats if its the same kind of radio.

the radio is neigh on impossible to remove without these metal yokes. we just went into a local volkswages dealership and the guy removed the radio in about 5 seconds, for free.

themole wrote:
    do you have the correct tools to remove the radio?

my mother has a 00golf and we had to removethe blaupunkt radio and it takes these two weird rectangular tools. unlike any other radio removal tools.

they go into these two slits either side of the radio, not at the edge, a cm or so from the edge. thats if its the same kind of radio.

the radio is neigh on impossible to remove without these metal yokes. we just went into a local volkswages dealership and the guy removed the radio in about 5 seconds, for free.

Yeah thats wat I was asking but someone said that I should be able to take out using a flat headed screw driver???? seen those removal tools on ebay for a few quid!! I can but try and if not down to VW dealer then!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

i wouldn't try a screw driver.

they are rectangular and have two prongs either side, small ones.

ya have to stick in both yokes at the same time and then jiggle them up and pull out the radio by pulling it up slightly.

i'd just drive up to a dealer and ask if ya can borrow the tools for a mo

• Advertisement

themole wrote:
    i wouldn't try a screw driver.

they are rectangular and have two prongs either side, small ones.

ya have to stick in both yokes at the same time and then jiggle them up and pull out the radio by pulling it up slightly.

i'd just drive up to a dealer and ask if ya can borrow the tools for a mo

Well new radio is put back for 8-10 days because not in stock so can check at local dealers!!

Advertisement