Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircon at it again

• 31-03-2005 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

I got bb back in the days when eircom i mean con only had 1 home package but when they launched there second cheaper package the one that currently has 4 gig cap i was automatcically upgraded to their 8 gig package which is €54.95 including vat. So I decided that since I am in college during the week and have bb in dub I would only need the 4 gig at home so I tried to use their online form to downgrade but it didn't work and I called their sales line and they said they had put the downgrade through and everything would be fine.

I don't look at the phonebill at home so I didn't notice that they never downgraded the package until this morning my dad handed me a letter from eircom saying that since I was home plus I would be going up to 2mb/128 with a 16 gig cap from april 2nd so what this means is that they have been charging €15 too much every month for 8 months so €120. Can I do anything about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

zap wrote:
    I got bb back in the days when eircom i mean con only had 1 home package but when they launched there second cheaper package the one that currently has 4 gig cap i was automatcically upgraded to their 8 gig package which is €54.95 including vat. So I decided that since I am in college during the week and have bb in dub I would only need the 4 gig at home so I tried to use their online form to downgrade but it didn't work and I called their sales line and they said they had put the downgrade through and everything would be fine.

I don't look at the phonebill at home so I didn't notice that they never downgraded the package until this morning my dad handed me a letter from eircom saying that since I was home plus I would be going up to 2mb/128 with a 16 gig cap from april 2nd so what this means is that they have been charging €15 too much every month for 8 months so €120. Can I do anything about it?

Yes sure.. Give them a call and ask them for the amount owed. There should be logs of your request..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

dlofnep wrote:
    Yes sure.. Give them a call and ask them for the amount owed. There should be logs of your request..

they prob won't find the log cause it will cost them I am gonna call them and have a moan anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

If you requested it, it will be logged. Stop being such a pessimist. :)

Advertisement