Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

• 31-03-2005 3:24pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭

At Mobile-review.com

Looks amazing .....Cant wait to get my hands on one ..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

sharkman wrote:
    At Mobile-review.com

Pfft.....Damn you Sony Ericsson - there goes another €500 of my hard earned cash. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

Pure perfection .... Can't wait for it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

It kinda has everything , even an RDS radio :eek: and will handle up to 2GB mem stick ....

Nokia have some catching up to do both in style and features !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

hopefully the software compares to symbian. the software on T630 wrecked my head after a while, not very responsive and crashed a bit if u had alot of contacts/messages. 2MP camera - cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

sharkman wrote:
    It kinda has everything , even an RDS radio :eek: and will handle up to 2GB mem stick ....

Nokia have some catching up to do both in style and features !

I also seem at the bottom of the review the later version of it should have UTMS .

• Advertisement

And It looks like they are goig to be circa €500 :D

There's another good review here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Been using the V800 for a few weeks now. While it is a pretty impressive phone, it suffers from the same problems that caused me to get rid of the T610, i.e. the UI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭digiman

I suppose it will be around 6 months before its on vodafone. Is it a 3g phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yeah vodafone have just launched the K700 here now sure :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

sharkman wrote:

yeah lovely phone alright, first thing that struck me was the great screen plus the nice size, plus the new 'shortcut' button above the joystick... think i would prefer the silver (black is a bit too T630 like)..

se_k750_front_devices.ie.jpgse_k750_silver_devices.ie.jpg

the screen was pretty responsive in camera mode, the lens protector is a good feature to have and starts the camera, flipping the screen into 'landscape' orientation for usage

se_k750_camera_wide_shot_devices.ie.jpg

the memory slot is easy enough to access on the side, once you can get the plastic cap off (supporting MS Pro Duo type cards)

se_k750_side_msproduo_slot_devices.ie.jpg

other main change from previous models is the new connector at the base of the phone (K750 on top), mainly to allow for faster data transfer due to the larger capacity memory available on the handset

se_k750_new_connector_devices.ie.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

digiman wrote:
    I suppose it will be around 6 months before its on vodafone. Is it a 3g phone?

they had a branded model on display done up for Vodafone, but that's no indication of any release time-frame for Vodafone Ireland...

se_k750_voda_devices.ie.jpg

no, it's not a 3G phone, they released the K600 with 3G support (including video calls) but it has no memory expansion and a lower resolution camera, it's also a little thicker (deeper) than the K750

se_k600_front_devices.ie.jpg

More reviews and pictures here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭oneweb

Good stuff, first time I've seen the silver version. Can't wait to get rid of my current pos for one of these :)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭weeslip

anybody any ideas on release dates, could be the phone of my dreams :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

To be sold in the shops over here it should be around the year 2020. Should be going on sale simfree on some Internet sites either by the end of april or the end of may

Another good review at ThreeGmobile .

Some nice new features !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

And i thought my K700 was good!

Impressive.

Looks like release is going to be very soon . Look here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Thats for scandinavia only plus there is no release date on that page. the uk CPW have it set for a may release so hopefully online stores get it soon and then we can buy it from them.

• Advertisement

Seems like May 18th is the Global Release .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

sharkman where do you get your information form?

More Here

thanks..
    do ya think vodafone will have it by then.. or will it be june july time they get it on thier network. think ill have to get it sim free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

vodafone, are you joking, they have only just got the k700i and the s700i now, itll be september at least

i have noticed from reading the forums.. but the nokia 6230i is only out a few weeks and it will be on the network from june. so im guessin gif the k750 comes out in mid may then itll be july august before we see the phone..

think sim free is the way to go.
    pixmania have the phone for release on the 30 june and at a price of € 468.
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/95660/art/sony-ericsson/k750i.html

sharkman, your info on price and release date where did you get it.. its not on the sonyericsson site!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Hopefully the K750 will be more reliable for me than previous Sony Ericsson phones.. Joystick broke after just over a year of having a T610, now I've had my K700 for about 6 months, joystick getting flaky again.. whats the story!

I'll plough on for as long as I can with my K700. Won't buy the K750 until I see the price around the €350 region.. Might be waiting a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

It should only be between €300 and 350 on release. SE have it priced at GBP 199 VAT incl. Pricewise it's supposed to slot into the K700 bracket when released. Pixmania seem seriously overpriced, compare the price of the K700 to expansys.

http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=K700

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/49680/art/sony-ericsson/k700.html

I'm sure there'll be better deals when the k750i is released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

When the K700i was first released it was around the €450 mark. The K750i, will be around the same when it's released. Could be even closer to the €500 initially.

As for those waiting to see the K750i on the Vodafone network, you'll have a long wait, if you even see it at all. Vodafone are just releasing the K700i here, almost a year to the day from when it was released. They are not known for getting the latest handsets to the Irish market quickly. Sure they were still flogging Nokia 3310's to the Irish public until recently. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Finally a phone that seems to have everything i want. Was thinking of getting a nokia 6230 but think i'might wiat for this. Hope to fook that Vodafone bring it out sooner rather than later. But sure i havent used my vodafone upgrade in 4 years so suppose am in no rush. :rolleyes:

Advertisement