Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭digiman

You can get it for £249 in carphonewarehouse in the north or you can also get it for £229 on a ready to go with o2 in the north as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

digiman wrote:
    You can get it for £249 in carphonewarehouse in the north or you can also get it for £229 on a ready to go with o2 in the north as well.
    How bad is the o2 branding though?
    I might buy the k750i and update it with w800i firmaware, cause I have just read the W800i build/screen/camera quality is supposed to be crap compared to the K750i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

its so easy to debrand it really doesnt matter how bad the 02 branding is (anyway its not that bad :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Hey does anyone know when the W800 will be released? I'd say it should be pretty soon. My K700 (only 8 months old) is practically useless now with the dodgy joystick stopping and starting on a daily basis.

Also,as far as I've been able to find out,can you only use the supplied sony headphones with the W800? There doesnt seem to be a normal headphone socket, which is odd for a Walkman branded product. Or will there be some fancy adaptor?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

There doesnt seem to be a normal headphone socket, which is odd for a Walkman branded product. Or will there be some fancy adaptor?

Cheers

It comes with an adapter so you can use your own 3.5mm earphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Ah cheers for that.

And I've read that it comes with a 512mb memory stick duo as standard. Could be a good replacement for my K700,especially since u can turn off the phone bit too! Just hope the price isnt mental...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭oneweb

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I'm just after reading that now.

Im still waiting on my phone from Mobileaware.de though. I emailed them last week and he said it was delayed and should be shipped out this week. Still no sign of it though ... I'll blast them off an email next week when I return from holidays....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i wish vodafone would hurry the fook up and relese this phone. i want it NOW!!!! (but not if i have to pay €300+ for a sim free one :o )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ah cheers for that.

And I've read that it comes with a 512mb memory stick duo as standard. Could be a good replacement for my K700,especially since u can turn off the phone bit too! Just hope the price isnt mental...
    You are indeed correct, 512mb card as standard.

Pixmania currently have it priced at €464

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I was browsing the net yesterday and found a few post on mobilereviews forum about flashing the k750 to a w800 could save your self some money that way. i dont know what the cons are on it thou

pro:
    U get flight mode in the K750i

Con:
    You void your warranty by flashing the K750i with W800i firmware
    battery life wont be as good as the W800i
    poorer quality headset
    No 512MB memory card just 64MB or What ever you buy your self

Here is a link to a nice review with plenty of pics of the phone women and a nice dodge viper http://www.bengalboy.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=18

Personally im wating for the W800i. It just has that somethig about it (that va va voom) and it should be out in the next month or so.

What is flight mode?

jozi wrote:
    What is flight mode?
    Flight mode lets you turn off the actual phone part of the phone and use just the mp3 player or camera (im not sure about the camera part for this phone though)
    this lets you listen to the mp3 player while on plane(hence flight mode) or another mobile phone sensitive areas. the P910i has it

ahh cool.

I'd use my mp3 player for it hou but you cant always have that with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

So, how's it working out for you all? Is the phone every bit as good as it sounds? Anything you don't like about it? Any problems with software, features, connectivity etc? And what network are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

I town yesterday, usual thing asked in the Meteor shop when the phone was going to be released , told never, we probably won't get it ????

So into carphone warehouse in Henrey St, told me Meteor are bringing it out in TWO weeks, the phone will be exclusive to Meteor.

Of course couldn't give me a price. Can only assume Vodafone are bringing out a D750i.

The D750i is for Tmobile so we probably wont see it over here at all. Vodafone will relaese the black and silver versions of the K750i.
    i really dont expect to see this phone being sold by any Irish network until late september early october at the earliest.
    it can be bought online for €350 off most online shops now. thats a dam good price for such a phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Just rang the carphone warehouse said they plan to launch in two weeks,

just waiting for full confirmation from Meteor.

according to this review: [linkd=here]http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single5024[/linkd]

it should be released by all 3 networks already and cost about €130 on contract.

So wtf is it??? :(

• Advertisement

Just got mine today, v v nice.
    No problems with it so far, just haven't tried to set up MMS/ Net on it yet.

I'm having trouble getting WAP and MMS set up on the 750.
    Got the settings from the SE site, they worked for about 10 minutes and now wont connect. Tried inputting them manually aswell but that didn't work.

Can someone either post up or PM me their MMS and WAP settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

what operator u with? im with meteor and just selected the settings for the k700i which they sent me from the website worked fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭oneweb

I'm having trouble getting WAP and MMS set up on the 750.
    Got the settings from the SE site, they worked for about 10 minutes and now wont connect. Tried inputting them manually aswell but that didn't work.

Can someone either post up or PM me their MMS and WAP settings?
    You need to power off and power on the phone after you get settings. Try deleting the settings you have, reboot the phone, get the settings and reboot again, worked for me :)

It is what it's.

Tried that, didn't work.
    Same as before, "check you settings".

edit: reentered the settings manualling and it seems to be working now. Boggle.

Yea, not working again.

theres a phone and dvd shop on the keys near the haypenny bridge thats advertising it as €439 sim free.

Prob templecom.

Not a bad price is it? I had a look at a few sites and most are around the 350 mark and with shipping some get close to 400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What is the difference between the 'Fine' and 'Normal' picture quality settings o the k750i?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Does anyone know anything about the website www.expansys.ie? They're Irish, based in Ballsbridge, and they've got the K750i going for €389.95, which seems *very* good.

Anyone had any dealings with them before?

Advertisement