Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭digiman

Never bought from them myself but from what other people have said on here they are a very reputable site. They will certainly not going to scam you or anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Aren't they all ex-vat?

Meaning that it's just as expensive as the rest of this great nation?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

zoro wrote:
    Aren't they all ex-vat?

Meaning that it's just as expensive as the rest of this great nation?? :rolleyes:

No. Their price ex-VAT is a mere 322.

With 12.90 delivery cost, the total amount plus VAT = €405.56.

Very good indeed methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭oneweb

Branoic wrote:
    Does anyone know anything about the website www.expansys.ie? They're Irish, based in Ballsbridge, and they've got the K750i going for €389.95, which seems *very* good.

Anyone had any dealings with them before?
    They're fine, but don't order from the French site which is probably a bit cheaper 'cos they'll ask for all sorts of ID and proof of address and French Credit Card yadda yadda. I ended up ordering from the Irish site and got my K700 very quickly :)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Contacted Carphoneware house they have not got the phones in stock yet,
    due in end of the month due to a delay.

But were able to give me prices.

Said K750i was exclusive to Meteor bill.

Talk 100 = Phone price €140
    Talk 60 = Phone price €189.

;)

• Advertisement

Wait a minute.

End of the month? It's the end of the month now. You mean this month or next month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

not going to be happy if its exclusive to Meteor :mad: presume it exclusive only for a couple of weeks??Vodafone better bring it in too. soon.

I just got an email back from Meteor.

They said that the K750i will be available on both pre-pay and bill-pay.

They didn't say if it was exclusive to them, and they didn't confirm the prices. But they did say it'll be available in all Meteor stores and dealers in 2 - 4 weeks (so, 5 weeks then ;) )

called into a vodafone store and asked them if they were going to be selling it and yer wan said that it wasnt on an list of due for release phones and they normally stock different phones than meteor and o2.
    knutz. hope she is wrong.
    any idea how much it'll be on meteor pre pay? might get it and get it unlocked if vodafone arent going to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Scruff wrote:
    called into a vodafone store and asked them if they were going to be selling it and yer wan said that it wasnt on an list of due for release phones and they normally stock different phones than meteor and o2.
    knutz. hope she is wrong.
    any idea how much it'll be on meteor pre pay? might get it and get it unlocked if vodafone arent going to get it.

Talked to a lovely lady from the carphone warehouse who told me Vodafone will be getting the phones in on pre and bill pay no prices as yet,
    no prices on the on the meteor pre pay either.

Their only exclusive to Meteor for 4 weeks and then the other networks can release them.
    (they pay the manufacturer over the odds on the handsets).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

daveirl wrote:

Goto http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=ie&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps3&zone=ps

Select K750i and it will send the settings via sms

Worked fine for me with K750i and Vodafone IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

well as of today (seen it in the square) the CPW are selling this phone sim free forn €429 and on various meteor contracts. but the W800i is out on the 12th of august so im holding out for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

was on bandon cork on saturday, in the new o2 magazine the k750i is in it, i asked the assistant, he siad it arrived in thier shop this morning, no demo model yet but, i asked about price, he could find any on the computer but sim free it was 369 which isnt bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Sharp wrote:
    Talked to a lovely lady from the carphone warehouse who told me Vodafone will be getting the phones in on pre and bill pay no prices as yet,
    no prices on the on the meteor pre pay either.

Their only exclusive to Meteor for 4 weeks and then the other networks can release them.
    (they pay the manufacturer over the odds on the handsets).

Is it not that CPW buy them in themselves like they did for the v3, Samsung etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

dshakey wrote:
    sim free it was 369 which isnt bad
    Is that right cause that sound a little too cheap. The CPW have it for like €439 and most online shops are selling it at €369 cause they have had it for 2 months are ya sure it wasnt €469 sim free

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

living in denmark , got mine on a six month contract for 1000 dkk 9 bout 133 euros)...not bad at all...lovely phone too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

hairball wrote:
    all we represent to them, man, is somebody needs a haircut...

you quoting Easy Rider or Therapy?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

I've been reading this thread over the last while but its gotten so long that i cant find what i'm looking for. Is it possible to take operator software off the K750 and is it possible to unlock it?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Yes to both questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I just got the k750i yesterday and it's a great phone but my only problem with it is the camera sound. It sounds like some cheap childs toy and I'm nearly embarrassed to take pictures with it :( Does anyone know of a way to disable the sound because its driving me nuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

JohnK wrote:
    I just got the k750i yesterday and it's a great phone but my only problem with it is the camera sound. It sounds like some cheap childs toy and I'm nearly embarrassed to take pictures with it :( Does anyone know of a way to disable the sound because its driving me nuts!

Press and hold the # key to turn silent mode on

Woohoo! skearon I could kiss you! Thanks!

JohnK - Where did you get your phone?

I haven't had the opportunity to check in any stores for the last couple of weeks. Is it now available in Carphone Warehouse and Meteor stores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Branoic wrote:
    JohnK - Where did you get your phone?

I haven't had the opportunity to check in any stores for the last couple of weeks. Is it now available in Carphone Warehouse and Meteor stores?

o2 have it aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

That kills all sound on my phone including the camera sound :D
    I bought the phone from pixmania.com (its a french import)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

daveirl wrote:

Update your firmware. That was one of the fixes included in the newer firmwares. The lastest firmware is R1L002 AFAIK. To check your firmware version hit ->*<-<-*<-*, then Service Info, Software Info. You can update the firmware using the USB cable on the K750i support pages.

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote:
    o2 have it aswell.

nothing on any of their websites yet.

Advertisement