Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I just popped into the city centre on my lunch break. I didn't check O2, but Meteor don't have it in and the staff weren't sure when they'd get it. However, the Carphone Warehouse up the street (Grafton Street) do have it, and on Meteor tariffs only.

Prices as follows (subject to trade-in, if not trading in add another 20 quid):

Talk 60 - 169 euro
    Talk 200 - 149 euro
    Talk 400 - 129 euro
    Talk 600 - 109 euro
    Talk 800 - 89 euro
    Talk 1,000 - 89 euro

No sign of any Pay as You Go prices. And sim free is 429 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

sharkman wrote:
    Yes to both questions.

Thanks Sharkman!

Was gonna buy on Ebay but was outbidded by a the last fiver at min...
    Bought it sim free on Camden st today. Has anyone used a 1gb card with it yet? Would a Sandisk 1gb card work fine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Scruff wrote:
    nothing on any of their websites yet.

The manager in our job got one in 02 in the square during the week. Think it was a bill pay upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

on the radio today that o2 have them in for €50, available on meteor
    too, but got on to vodafone and they 'don't know anything about when
    or even if the phone is going to be available'

Thanks vodafone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Right now that you have had the phones a while, are they any good?

I got mine on Friday. It kicks almighty arse. I'm happy to say I haven't experienced any major problems with it so far, was able to upgrade it fine from the SE site and get the Vodafone WAP and MMS settings to work from there too. Did have a problem downloading java games, but im not really sure what that's an issue with, as other java games i have since, *ahem*, located work fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'm happy with the phone and think its good but there are one or two small things that bug me. They are:
    • The keys are a bit small so if you have big fingers (like me) it can be a bit hard to type on it.
    • When you take a picture, it freezes on one image but then after a second or so it changes and saves the second image. If you've moved the phone after the first freeze, you get a blured picture.
    • When you take a picture, it takes 2 button presses to dismiss the displayed image before you can take a new picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I bought a 1gb Memory Stick today but my card reader for my pc can't read it for some reason. Phone reads it fine.

Any way I can transfere the files onto it through the phone and USB cable? When I try that it only lets me access the phones internal memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

I bought a 1gb Memory Stick today but my card reader for my pc can't read it for some reason. Phone reads it fine.

Any way I can transfere the files onto it through the phone and USB cable? When I try that it only lets me access the phones internal memory.

Check your My Computer icon, the memory stick should mount as a standard usb flash drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How old is the card reader? Does it support MS PRO? Most things from before the first few months of last year probably wont support PRO, just standard sticks up to 128mb.

Actually, this may just be me :rolleyes: but has anyone else noticed there seems to be a constant smudgy sheen or oily film on the phone's screen? I'm constantly wiping the screen with tissues to try and clean it, but its back again in no time. And I'm not THAT dirty!

Stekelly wrote:
    How old is the card reader? Does it support MS PRO? Most things from before the first few months of last year probably wont support PRO, just standard sticks up to 128mb.
    Aye, thats what I thought. Looks like I'll have to buy a reader.
    Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

JohnK wrote:
    I'm happy with the phone and think its good but there are one or two small things that bug me. They are:
    • The keys are a bit small so if you have big fingers (like me) it can be a bit hard to type on it.
    • When you take a picture, it freezes on one image but then after a second or so it changes and saves the second image. If you've moved the phone after the first freeze, you get a blured picture.
    • When you take a picture, it takes 2 button presses to dismiss the displayed image before you can take a new picture.

I forgot to add: The screen is very difficult to see outdoors in daylight.

Aye, thats what I thought. Looks like I'll have to buy a reader.
    Sigh.

Don't forget to try eBay before you spend E50 on one in crappy Dixons!
    What card was it, Sandisk/Sony?

Does anyone else find texting on it a total pain in the arse. I find it almost unusable, to the point where I'm nearly gonna go back to my 6230.

There might be a k750 up on FS mobiles soon :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Linoge dont even bother putting it up on FS Mobiles, ill take it off you for a good price ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Linoge wrote:
    Don't forget to try eBay before you spend E50 on one in crappy Dixons!
    What card was it, Sandisk/Sony?

Does anyone else find texting on it a total pain in the arse. I find it almost unusable, to the point where I'm nearly gonna go back to my 6230.

There might be a k750 up on FS mobiles soon :eek:
    i find the texting fine - no different to any other phone really. what is your isue with it?

Clank wrote:
    Linoge dont even bother putting it up on FS Mobiles, ill take it off you for a good price ;)

lol,
    Tauren wrote:
    i find the texting fine - no different to any other phone really. what is your isue with it?

Well, using the joystick all the time is a pain in the arse, u have to look up the whole time to scroll down to the word and take your fingers off the keyboard. You cant blind text like on the 6230.

What also annoys me is that you can't remove the shortcut to the main menu from shortcuts. Along with the dedicated Main Menu button and pushing down on the joystick brining you into the MM, its total overkill. And the fact that it stops you from removing it annoys me just as much.

You can't change the track or radio station on any quick keys on the phone and there is no remote.

Am I the only person who sees this phones faults? Why hasn't anyone else posted about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Held one of these bad boys for the first time today. Wow very sleek and sophisticated smaller than I thought.
    Its €429 in the CPW. and €369 in O2 sim free does any know if O2 have branded it or not
    But im still going to see what the release of the W800i TOMORROW brings as the SE Eshop have it in stock as of 12am tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Tauren wrote:

I have a K750i for last month, do a lot of texting and have no problems with it, the predictive text works well and its easy to add in your own words

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Linoge wrote:
    lol,

Well, using the joystick all the time is a pain in the arse, u have to look up the whole time to scroll down to the word and take your fingers off the keyboard. You cant blind text like on the 6230.

What also annoys me is that you can't remove the shortcut to the main menu from shortcuts. Along with the dedicated Main Menu button and pushing down on the joystick brining you into the MM, its total overkill. And the fact that it stops you from removing it annoys me just as much.

You can't change the track or radio station on any quick keys on the phone and there is no remote.

Am I the only person who sees this phones faults? Why hasn't anyone else posted about it?
    Hold the volume "up" or "down" button down and it will change the track.

Txting is just about what your used to. Coming from a Nokia you will find the SE setup annoying. My last two phones have been SE and I can't use Nokias anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

€306 in Thailand, BAM!
    Take that anyone who got it for more than that!! :D

It's a cool phone, and mine's unique in that it has Thai characters on the keys! :p

Now three things remain to do with it:
    1 - Aquire a 4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo to turn it into a MP3 player (this 64MB one is killing me)

2- Flash the firmware to R1K005 (i.e. the W800i Walkman phone for "Flight mode", can be used as MP3 only on airplanes and stuff, yes it's been done, here's proof: http://www.butkaj.com/w800i.html translated from Czech)

3 - Get POP3 Gmail working on it, a lá this forum thread: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=647094
    (won't work for me, I think it's the APN bit, no idea what to put in there. Or maybe it's something else, cos I couldn't get Vodafone.ie email to work either)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,619 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads i got this phone off ebay

looking forward to it

but i first bought a nokia 6680 [but i taught the seller tried to rip me off but i was wrong]

now im stuck with 2 phones

i think ill go with the 6680 but what will i do with the other phone :(;)

probly put it on fs thread next weeks just heads up

are these phones easy to unlock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

BopNiblets wrote:
    I think it's the APN bit, no idea what to put in there. Or maybe it's something else, cos I couldn't get Vodafone.ie email to work either

check this sticky:
    About to ask how to get connected for Web/WAP/Email/MMS/Bluetooth etc.

what type of charger did it come with (UK?)

you may have to wait a while for a 4GB MS Pro Duo (and then fork out non-insignificant amount of cash for it)... only up to 2GB are available at the moment, and currently in limited quantities, priced around/over the Eur 300 mark (maybe a bit less if you take your chances on eBay)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I'm fairly sure I saw the K750i in an O2 store in Cork for only €30 if you have the best upgrade available (if you're on a bill phone). Special offer I believe.

Thats not bad if its true? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I got my k750i yesterday, and I love it, but, I have one problem with it. When I recieve a message and the phone is locked, the phone unlocks, the new events thing pops up with a new message, and then the delete screen pops up asking if I'm sure I want to delete the message, and then the phone locks itself again, all without me pressing a button.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Just found out it was FMA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Got one yest myself... Fappin brilliant phone, takin a while to get used to it but the camera is class. I love it, just need to get a 512mb mem card..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Pic i took in town on sat(ikle bit of tweaking..)

dsc0000811ck.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

I fooking hate those little ****s singing those songs :/

Advertisement