Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Does any one know where to get the phone in Dublin sim free?

Had a few bad experiences of buying electronics online only for them to go wrong so a brick and mortar shop might be more handy.

Or has any one had problems returning items to these web sites listed on this tread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

O2 have it for €369 sim free CPW have it for €429 sim free. Im sure other shops have it but these are the best prices i could find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Anyone have problems syncronising with their computers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Nope, no problem using FMA.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Richie6904 wrote:
    O2 have it for €369 sim free CPW have it for €429 sim free. Im sure other shops have it but these are the best prices i could find

Thanks for that. €369 isnt bad. Saw it in a news agents for €400 but I wouldnt buy a phone like that from a news agent. Might pop in to 02 this eveing. Do you know which shop it was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

kearnsr wrote:
    Do you know which shop it was?
    It was the one in the square but i assume they all sell it for the same price

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hey was just in a voda shop and was told that the K750i is due to be released pretty soon
    1st Sept as far as i was told and should retail around the €100 - to €150 mark for bill upgrades.

But after visiting a voda shop in the UK @ da weekend to see the W800 for free on a contract similar to mine it kinda makes me sick.

And I thought 3 might bring some serious competition :mad:

Ah well.....

Mik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

bennyx_o wrote:
    Nope, no problem using FMA.

What is FMA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

FMA is a SMS Manager, Mobile Phone Monitor, Remote Control Agent, Phonebook Manager, Organizer, Fun and much more; whatever you want it to be, it is whatever a mobile phone should have :-)

link

Richie6904 wrote:

Went in to O2 and they said they dont do it sim free. Will just have to keep looking around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

check this sticky:
    About to ask how to get connected for Web/WAP/Email/MMS/Bluetooth etc.

what type of charger did it come with (UK?)

you may have to wait a while for a 4GB MS Pro Duo (and then fork out non-insignificant amount of cash for it)... only up to 2GB are available at the moment, and currently in limited quantities, priced around/over the Eur 300 mark (maybe a bit less if you take your chances on eBay)...
    Cheers for that link, I emailed Vodafone and they're taking their sweet time to get back to me.
    I have some of my Gmail being forwarded to my Vodafone mail, and I get texts messages informing me of new mail, but I can't actually check them through the phone, booo-urns.

I got an asian charger, two pin (flat, not round pins)

I know about the cards, I've to wait and a hefty price to pay, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. :)
    Some nice 2GB card offers from the UK: link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,619 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads you know the D750i

will the K750i acessories work in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,619 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any good applications out there for the K750i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

any good applications out there for the K750i
    FMA is your friend, was mentioned above to i think.

Jozi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Vodafone shop in Dundrum told me today that'd it be at least a month before they had it. He then conceded that the error on that was +/- a month. Which is sod all use.

I have upgrade waiting to be used, but still might end up with this sim free...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

they are useless!
    they told me in there on sat that it would be available in a week or so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shadow_2k5

its a Great Phones Ive used one well worth every cent but in long run you could wait for the W800i basicly its cool lookin k750 with walkman support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Anybody interested in one, PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

BopNiblets wrote:
    I got an asian charger, two pin (flat, not round pins)
    That sounds like a US charger (they use two flat pins) but many chargers these days are 100-240V anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

ive seen the ad for this phone, ya know the one with the bear flying.
    well anyway, im thinking of getting this phone, but decided to ask if anyone here has one and what they think of it.

l441102287cg.th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

hi mate, i dont have a k750 but would like to find out where to get one. where are you getting yours and how much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Salamander

Ah yes the elusive K750i,
    I was in Carphonewarehouse today and on their new catalog it's priced as follows:
    Vodafone €199 with a bill phone (€45 per month contract)
    O2 €25 with a €45 per month contract (not sure of the exact pricing here but I'm not too far away)
    Meteor €145

I asked about the vodafone option but the person there didn't have any information on it and said it wasn't available yet, maybe next week??

Well to answer your question it's supposed to be a great phone and T3 gave it a Gold award, so that means something!!

I'll be getting it as soon as it's available on the vodafone network..
    I'll give you a report then if you like?

well pixmania.com are doing it new for €357.00
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/95660/art/sony-ericsson/k750i.html

but since im on a buisness o2 contract i can upgrade, but will have to wait till october.
    so was doing my research and decided that the phone would be good for what im looking for, especially those times when it was a hastle to carry a camera around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Salamander wrote:
    Ah yes the elusive K750i,
    I was in Carphonewarehouse today and on their new catalog it's priced as follows:
    Vodafone €199 with a bill phone (€45 per month contract)
    O2 €25 with a €45 per month contract (not sure of the exact pricing here but I'm not too far away)
    Meteor €145

I asked about the vodafone option but the person there didn't have any information on it and said it wasn't available yet, maybe next week??

Well to answer your question it's supposed to be a great phone and T3 gave it a Gold award, so that means something!!

I'll be getting it as soon as it's available on the vodafone network..
    I'll give you a report then if you like?

You'll be waiting a while as Vod haven't approved it yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Sparky_S wrote:
    well pixmania.com are doing it new for €357.00
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/95660/art/sony-ericsson/k750i.html

but since im on a buisness o2 contract i can upgrade, but will have to wait till october.
    so was doing my research and decided that the phone would be good for what im looking for, especially those times when it was a hastle to carry a camera around.
    save some money,

buy it from here. http://www.thefonedoc.com/catalog/

it's €330.00, the site is irish and you'll be supporting irish jobs and for once you can find an item in ireland cheaper than anywhere i've seen on the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Its a great little phone, takes a while to get used to it after using a nokia for so long. I have to get mine replaced as it keeps crashing but 90% of the time its perfect. Mp3 player n radio r dead handy(got an adaptor so i can use my own headphones with it) n the camera is class.... Highly recomend it

Orig unedited pics below

dsc000764le.th.jpg
    dsc000795ft.th.jpg
    dsc000023go.th.jpg

nice goldwing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Its my dads third child...

unklerosco wrote:
    Its my dads third child...
    LOL :D nearly had a go on one once and couldnt believe the weight of the thing, so i said no :(
    pics are deadly, especially the flowers one, does it feel like a camera when you use it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Sparky_S wrote:
    ive seen the ad for this phone, ya know the one with the bear flying.
    well anyway, im thinking of getting this phone, but decided to ask if anyone here has one and what they think of it.

l441102287cg.th.jpg

Have had one now for about 2 months, it is a great phone and camera is certainly the best at the moment.

A worthwhile addition is Sony's MXE-60 plug in flash and a good case such as from Krussel

Make sure you have the latest firmware, R1L002.

The only thing to be aware of is bluetooth, as the K750i uses ver 1.2, and is incompatible with some 1.1 devices

The only annoying thing is that Sony changed the connector at the base of the phone which meant my HCA-20 car kit (which worked with my P800, P910i, V800) wont work, so I've ordered a Parrot CK3100 as they have a special firmware for the K750i.

Advertisement