Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Sparky_S wrote:
    pics are deadly, especially the flowers one, does it feel like a camera when you use it?

Yes, you just slide open the camera cover and hold the phone horizontally

Depress the camera button slightly and you feel the autofocus working and then completely depress to take the pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Its a camera with a phone stuck on the back of it... Works a treat,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Salamander

Yep i figured I'd be in for a long wait with vodafone!
    anyway it's not the end of the world ;)

But just one thing....
    What is it with vodafone and O2's websites. they never have an up-to-date listing of phones. for instance vodaofne don't have the K700 on their webpages, but it's supported. Also if you look a little you can find that the K750i is one of the phones listed that vodafone is supporting for the download of ringtones (purly a mugs game)....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

skearon wrote:
    The only annoying thing is that Sony changed the connector at the base of the phone which meant my HCA-20 car kit (which worked with my P800, P910i, V800) wont work, so I've ordered a Parrot CK3100 as they have a special firmware for the K750i.

It will drive you mad. I have the parrot ck3100 carkit and I cant get them to connect successfully. Some times it does, somtimes not. I upgraded the parrot software, but it still disconnects. I went back to using my nokia until siemens ericsson get a an update out.

Pataman wrote:
    It will drive you mad. I have the parrot ck3100 carkit and I cant get them to connect successfully. Some times it does, somtimes not. I upgraded the parrot software, but it still disconnects. I went back to using my nokia until siemens ericsson get a an update out.

Did you try the firmware they recently recently specifically for the K750i ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

If you're buying it to use it as an mp3 player get a w800. It's pretty much the same phone but the keys on the side are for the mp3 player instead of the camera, it look prettier, and comes with a 512mb card. It's more expensive but most of the price differenc is what you'd pay for the card you were probably going to buy anyway. And you can plug your own headphones into it without buying any adaptor (it has an adaptop that works as your handsfree mic that your hp plug into)

skearon wrote:
    Did you try the firmware they recently recently specifically for the K750i ?
    Yep only did it on Monday, worked monday night and not since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

skearon wrote:
    Have had one now for about 2 months, it is a great phone and camera is certainly the best at the moment.

Make sure you have the latest firmware, R1L002.
    Ya, it's a great little phone.

Mine says I have R1L002, but are you sure it's the latest? I got it about 2 and a half months ago and haven't flashed it since.
    Check this thread out on another forum:
    http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=92737

Using Firefox I get a Java "Warning - Security" window pop up if I try update mine, just after the bit with the checkboxes.
    I tried it with IE too but no luck, what's supposed to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

To get the SEUS update working with my Internet Explorer I had to turn off the pop-up blocker and lower the security settings. After the Java thing it downloads a setup file, which you run, and then return back to the update website. It seems to always say there are updates available for your phone even whenthere aren't. No updates for my K750 yet anyway. I think because the firmware is slightly different for O2 than an unbranded phone, so then it might take a while for updates to appear.

Anyhoo I'm planning on changing the K750 firmware to a W800 one in a little while because I want to use it a lot for playing music (bought memory and a headphones adapter), and the music player in the W800 is better. Costs about 15 euro I think from a group called DaVinci, can be done online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Davinci credits for €10 here and latest client software is here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Right i got my k750i yesterday on o2 buisness upgrade for €179, the woman said it was a bonus upgrade so ive taken a couple of pics with it and it works great at night with the led light.

Btw how do you check the firmware?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Try this: >*<<*<*12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Maybe my update didn't work because I bought mine in Thailand?
    Would I have to flash it from the Thai site then?
    It says CHINA_C in the Software Info when I put in that code thing.

yeah im on the R1L002, so does anyone know when a new update is available for o2?

And is there any other ways of making the camera silent other than using it during a call?

Sparky_S wrote:
    yeah im on the R1L002, so does anyone know when a new update is available for o2?

And is there any other ways of making the camera silent other than using it during a call?

Just upgraded mine (SIM free) to R1N035 via Sony's web site

Will test tomorrow to see if this firmware works with a motorola bluetooth car kit I have

skearon wrote:

Will test tomorrow to see if this firmware works with a motorola bluetooth car kit I have

yeah ive read on other forums that the unbranded versions can be upgraded, but the o2 and vodafone versions are not out yet.

new features from what i gather is better video quality, aswell as in still picture
    higher mp3 volume
    theres more but ive forgot :D

also does your unbranded one allow for the camera sounds to be muted in the silent profile, because ive read that its
    overridden by which region the phone is programed for. (as in the branded phones)

My unbranded one can mute the camera if the phone is on silent. I dont want to upgrade the firmware in mine just in case thats changed as I hate the stupid ****ing sound!

skearon wrote:

Where? I cant find it. It just tells me my phone is up to date and I really need the bluetooth issue fixed.

skearon wrote:

Problems still exists with the Motorola HF800 :-(

• Advertisement

JohnK wrote:
    My unbranded one can mute the camera if the phone is on silent. I dont want to upgrade the firmware in mine just in case thats changed as I hate the stupid ****ing sound!

Camera is stilled muted with R1N035

Pataman wrote:
    Where? I cant find it. It just tells me my phone is up to date and I really need the bluetooth issue fixed.

Do you have an unbranded or branded phone ?

Branded Vodafone, but bought it off ebay from uk.

Where can I get this "DaVinci"?

to kill the sound if you need to take a silent picture, you can make a call then use the camera, i tried it on 171 and it muted the sound, but i wouldnt like to have to do this every time, so i take it that all branded phones have the camera sound on permanently.

Sparky_S wrote:

Hold down the # button, this puts it into silent mode. You can then take pics in silence. Press it again to turn it bqack on.

Pataman wrote:
    Hold down the # button, this puts it into silent mode. You can then take pics in silence. Press it again to turn it bqack on.

doesnt work on a my o2 branded k750i :(

• Advertisement

daveirl wrote:
    Sweet! I'll have a look at that. Thanks!

Advertisement