Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Sparky_S wrote:
    doesnt work on a my o2 branded k750i :(

works for my unbranded meteor one, maybe upgrade the FW?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭johndanielmoore

How much was the SE750 on Meteor. I can't seem to find it on the website. Or was this bought through Carphonewarehouse?

How much was the SE750 on Meteor. I can't seem to find it on the website. Or was this bought through Carphonewarehouse?

gotten through carphone but on meteor, not simfree.
    varies depending on option you go on, but 169 for talk 200...
    149 for talk 400 etc, down to 109 for highest tariff I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭johndanielmoore

Thanks. CPW probably dont do Meteor upgrades. I'll have to wait until Meteor do it. By the time that happens the phone will be in the bargains section :)

pretty sure CPW do Meteor upgrades, not 100% but pretty sure (assuming you are on a bill?)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

-snip-

Oops! ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

@wheresmybeaver: I'd strongly recommed you edit your post as thats against most boards.ie rules! :eek: If your lucky you'll probably be banned from this fourm for posting that, if your unlucky, you'l probably be banned from the site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

can you upgrade to a k750i on PAYG? (Meteor)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Pataman wrote:
    Yep only did it on Monday, worked monday night and not since.

Finally got around to installing my CK3100 at the weekend.

So far car kit and K750i (R1N035 firmware) are working perfectly together.

Am very happy with CK3100, great sound quality and really excellent voice recognition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

skearon wrote:
    Finally got around to installing my CK3100 at the weekend.

So far car kit and K750i (R1N035 firmware) are working perfectly together.

Am very happy with CK3100, great sound quality and really excellent voice recognition.

How did you manage to get the firmware upgrade, mine keeps telling me its up to date R1N002!

• Advertisement

upgraded too, worked fine from the site as of last wed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Pataman wrote:
    How did you manage to get the firmware upgrade, mine keeps telling me its up to date R1N002!

From the Sony web site about 10 days ago, my phone is factory unbranded, I believe they take longer to issue updates for branded models

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I just tried my unbranded sim free one (from Thailand, R1L002) through the SE website and got these messages:

In the Java app: "There are currently no service for devices belonging to your operator"
    Then back on the webpage: "Your device is not permitted to use this service
    Your operator does not approve the use of this service with this device.
    We look forward to assisting you again soon.
    Thank you for using the Sony Ericsson Update Service!"

Bugger. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Tried DaVinci, but you can only get the R1L002 release for the 750i. If you want to update to the 800 you need a special cable. Am I right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Yes Pataman. You need a special cable to flash this
    Davinci cable set which includes old k700 type head and new k750 head
    Have a few sets left but they are flying out

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

anyone upgrade to w800 fireware and buy the w800 cover, my mate just did it the other day, looks great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

Anyone know... carphone warehouse said 'end of month please buy on 02 now' to me.... wondering if vodafone will offer the silver one ?

-A

aloleary wrote:
    Anyone know... carphone warehouse said 'end of month please buy on 02 now' to me.... wondering if vodafone will offer the silver one ?

-A

vodafone will only offer the silver one and it will be branded.
    I left them as they have been saying it will be available 'soon' for months, when I rang at the start of september all they could say is 'it is showing up as available at end of August'.

I pointed out it wasn't available - 'yeah, but that's all it says here'.

I am very happy with meteor so far, more minutes, some free texts etc etc..
    much better value and so far no coverage issues..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

aloleary, silver k750i? dont you mean the D750i ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,619 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

liamskater wrote:
    aloleary, silver k750i? dont you mean the D750i ;)
    you can actually get siver housing for the k750i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Now on the Meteor website for 79 euro billpay for Talk 400 or 129 for Talk 40.

I can upgrade for 100.

That's me sold. I'll get one of those tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

Well I'm interested in Vodafone as although I live in Dublin I am from Valentia Island where I'm regularly at so coverage even of 02 is kinda flakey compared with Vodafone which even works when I'm out a bit on the boat !!

What I am waiting for really though is the P950 (Hermoine) which is due to be announced in the next couple of weeks... it will have all the features of the P910i but in a smaller form factor and with ... wlan !!!!

Was just thinking of getting the K750i or D750 as an cheap upgrade option while waiting... but as you've all have said nothing concrete from Vodafone

-A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i've definelately seen ad's on dublin busses advertising the the k750i for vodafone.

the ad also had a picture of the phone in the black casing and not silver.

i've yet to go in and ask them how much it will be, might go into them tomorrow.

Cremo wrote:
    i've definelately seen ad's on dublin busses advertising the the k750i for vodafone.

the ad also had a picture of the phone in the black casing and not silver.

i've yet to go in and ask them how much it will be, might go into them tomorrow.

that's weird, in england you can also only get the branded silver one. are you sure they were vodafone ads you saw and not just ads for the phone itself?

not sure they will be any help in the shops, it is now 2-3 months after they originally planned to release it and my understanding was they were having problems with the branded handsets which have slightly different FW disabling some features like setting mp3s as ringtones.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭japjap

I think the O2 shops only stock the black one

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Voda have the K750i all right,
    saw one in swords today - silver and €169
    looks nice.

Thinking of getting one but have a Q for anyone with one - Does the Bluetooth work ok?
    i heard of some probs, and bluetooth is important for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

skearon wrote:
    Make sure you have the latest firmware, R1L002.

what's this all about?

thinking of getting one of these

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It means the software Version of the fone

Comparable to XP service pack 2 for computers (in a way :D )

• Advertisement

paperclip wrote:
    what's this all about?

thinking of getting one of these

just the version of code on the phone, note that the one above isn't the latest.

You just go to the website and it talks you throught the process...

Advertisement