Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers dave,

Think i'll pop into voda today and grab one, hopefully their sfotware is ok

mik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

daveym wrote:
    just the version of code on the phone, note that the one above isn't the latest.

You just go to the website and it talks you throught the process...

so say if i buy one in meteor today, it would have the latest firmware?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

no it would have what was installed in the factory, the latest was just released a couple of weeks ago, not much difference to be honest.

The latest one which I have is supposed to have these and other improvements:
    R1N035
    - Released by SEUS on 12/9/05
    - Video bitrate improvements over R1L (as good as R1A044)
    - Improvements to photo quality
    - Bluetooth stability fixes
    - Contrast / Gamma modifications have been made to the display for a better overall picture.
    - Improved reception (the signal strength indicator tends to be higher than in previous firmwares)
    - Popup menu icon in the WAP browser has been modified
    - Fixed "More" menu when adding addresses to an email message.
    - JBenchmark 3D LQ - approx 204
    - JBenchmark 3D HQ - approx 123
    - Software versions:
    LCD 0
    Camera 4.5
    ITP CXC 125 932 R1E

check out howardforums.com and expansys.ie for more info.
    I doubt most people would notice the differences in the FW versions, the only
    diff I notice is more signal bars most of the time, whether this means better signal strength or that they changed the code to indicate more bars with the same signal strength is another thing...

i'm thinking of getting one of these this evening.

could you tell me daveym, do i just ask the guy in the shop "does this have the latest firmware?" will he know what i'm on about.

or is it written on the box?

• Advertisement

paperclip wrote:
    i'm thinking of getting one of these this evening.

could you tell me daveym, do i just ask the guy in the shop "does this have the latest firmware?" will he know what i'm on about.

or is it written on the box?

I doubt they would know, it won't be written on the box.
    It is really easy to upgrade it yourself online.

if you want to check yourself in the shop, type the following from
    the main screen:
    >*<<*<*
    where > is pushing the joystick to the right, this will launch a service menu, go in to info and then software info, the first line is the SW version,
    it will prob say R1N002..

daveym wrote:
    I doubt they would know, it won't be written on the box.
    It is really easy to upgrade it yourself online.

the main screen:
    >*<<*<*
    where > is pushing the joystick to the right, this will launch a service menu, go in to info and then software info, the first line is the SW version,

good man, thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I went into a Meteor shop last night and was told they wouldn't be in until next week.

I wish they'd hurry up cos my Sl55 is on its last legs.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

daveym wrote:
    the main screen:
    >*<<*<*

I tried that with my voda K750 and it doesn't work when i press > it brings up the calendar.
    any ideas on how else to check it?

Or am i missing something?

mik_da_man wrote:
    I tried that with my voda K750 and it doesn't work when i press > it brings up the calendar.
    any ideas on how else to check it?

Or am i missing something?

nothing happens until you complete the sequence so just ignore what is happening until you do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Can the K750i play videos Ive recorded with my 6680? Just wondering cos I keep hearing fantastic things about this phone and I was thinking of selling my 6680 to get one but Id like to keep the videos I have.

Slurms wrote:
    Can the K750i play videos Ive recorded with my 6680? Just wondering cos I keep hearing fantastic things about this phone and I was thinking of selling my 6680 to get one but Id like to keep the videos I have.

think the standard type on all the phones is .3gp/mp4 so should be fine the k750i will play them.

Ok cool.

Now next question, would the K750i be an upstep or a downstep from my 6680?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

now available on vfe
    http://www.vodafone.ie/phonestariffs/ourphones/phonedetails.jsp?mysterons=K750I&type=all

Pay Monthly new customer
    First Time Connection RRP €199

Pay Monthly existing customer
    Upgrade RRP €199
    Upgrade Online Offer €199

Ready to Go new customer
    First Time Connection RRP €329
    First Time Connection Online Offer €319

Ready to Go existing customer
    Upgrade €329
    Upgrade Online Offer €319

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Slurms wrote:

I think so, pm me for my email so that you can send me a video and I will try it on my K750i

Since getting an iMate Jasjar am considering selling/swapping my K750i (factory unlocked, boxed, plus Krussell leather case, car charger, Sony car cradle and Sony MXE-60 flash).

Might be interested in a swap for a 6680 :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

so does anyone think this is a good deal from vodafone? (sorry about my last post the phone is actually the silver one on the bus ad's)

is there any branding on the vodafone ones?
    would the firmware be upgradeable?
    any other differences from the sim free version (which i can only find for 350 euros).

The Voda one would be branded by their own software which would mean some features would be locked. And i dont think it would work with SE's firmware upgrade service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

It wont upgrade! Damn you vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Slurms wrote:
    The Voda one would be branded by their own software which would mean some features would be locked. And i dont think it would work with SE's firmware upgrade service.
    feck that then, might get the sim free one so somewhere online

• Advertisement

Slurms wrote:

this is bang on, games are missing, can't set mp3 ringtones unless the mp3 is downloaded from vodafone. and doesn't work with normal upgrade procedure.

However you can get the vodafone ones flashed with normal FW at a shop that has the correct cable, search for unbranding k750i in google.

Have heard rumours that if you ask nicely you may be able to get a normal k750i on vodafone. Would have to try this in CPW or somewhere that has sim free ones available.

lastly, i left voda because of all of the above and their crappy customer services and the delay in the k750i. was worried about meteor coverage but so far no probs, and it's much better value..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Hey lads does anyone know when that latest firmware will be available for O2 K750 customers? Mostly interested in the MP3 player volume increase. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Pataman wrote:
    Tried DaVinci, but you can only get the R1L002 release for the 750i. If you want to update to the 800 you need a special cable. Am I right?

You can now change your K750i to a W800i using the DCU-60 cable that came with your phone. It is firmware version R1N035.

Also, anybody with branded firmware, you can upgrade to R1N035 of the K750i flash also.

Ask me for details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

wolfman wrote:
    Ask me for details

Can we have details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Credits available here and newest client software is here

Demo of how to use it is here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Is this available in silver from 02 does anyone know?

kazzer wrote:
    Is this available in silver from 02 does anyone know?

at the moment the silver one is only available branded from vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

the silver one is only available branded from vodafone

Thinking of getting this phone from O2 but personally find silver the nicer colour - can you change the colour like on other phones with "Xpress-On Covers" or those type of things?

• Advertisement

cianr wrote:
    Thinking of getting this phone from O2 but personally find silver the nicer colour - can you change the colour like on other phones with "Xpress-On Covers" or those type of things?

you can change them, but it is about 20 times harder than the nokia changeable covers.
    they aren't really designed to be switchable but it is possible, a lot of people buy the W800 covers and change to them..

Advertisement