Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Would this be a better phone than the Moto V3 Razr?
    I've just gotten the Razr but might trade for a K750i if it's better - simply because it would work with fMA.

I pretty much use my phone just for calls and SMS, but I like it to look flashy too ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Its FAR better than the V3

Not in the same league IMO

A lot easier to use, FAR more memory and expandable memory to 2GB at present.

You may only use your fone for Calls and SMS at present but if ya get a K750i I guarantee you will use it for more.

MP3 player, camera, games......

the K750i is a top notch fone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Is there not issues with fma and the K750i?
    Pretty sure is seen threads about it on the fma forum

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭davidmdickens

Would any body swap for a Siemens SK65?
    Im looking for a Sony Ericsson K750i or Sony Ericsson K800i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

cianr,

I have a Silver and a black K750, and prefer the black:D
    Got the silver one on sat as a voda upgrade, and would swap for another black if you were intrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭davidmdickens

glynf wrote:
    cianr,

I have a Silver and a black K750, and prefer the black:D
    Got the silver one on sat as a voda upgrade, and would swap for another black if you were intrested.

Would you swap for a siemens Sk65 or a Sl65?

Would you swap for a siemens Sk65 or a Sl65?
    Thanks for the offer, but I am staying with the 750, great phone, just prefer the black model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Glyn, thanks for the offer! But Im only going to be back in Dublin for a few days as it is and hardly have time to do anything! ;)

Why do you prefer the black? Looking at the pics the silver looks nicer. Also can you change the colour of the background,menus etc. on the phone?

cianr wrote:
    Glyn, thanks for the offer! But Im only going to be back in Dublin for a few days as it is and hardly have time to do anything! ;)

Why do you prefer the black? Looking at the pics the silver looks nicer. Also can you change the colour of the background,menus etc. on the phone?

No probs. The last few phones ive had were silver(imo the new beige),so the blacks a nice change
    yes, you can change the themes, menu colors etc. and download others.

Check http://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?act=home

and here, for info on changing the covers:

http://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=1195

• Advertisement

Glyn - thanks a million for that info! Im getting excited! :D

Think Ill stick with the black if thats the colour I get it in - Im FAR too clumsy for this. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Considering buying this myself - any reasons I shouldn't - save me going through an 11 page thread.

Also, easily unlocked and unbranded from O2 using supplied cables ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I got one of thers from voda and i'm very happy with it:D
    Had a 6630 before and the K750i is different all right
    but I have found more games for the K750 less apps though

Only thing that I miss on it is the ability to use my bluetooth headset to listen to music :mad:

Apart from that it's a great fone

I notice from the O2 website that this phone now comes with an extra 256MB memory card - any idea if this is only applicable to online purchases or if it applies to buying at the stores too? I mailed one of the stores today but so far no response . . .

Also any idea if carphonewarehouse will reflect this deal? No info of it on their website.

Thanks! :D

Been using mine for just over a week, another happy customer.
    My last phone was a SE T630i it had a few little things going on with it that i didnt like so much most of them are gone in the k750 and in addittion it has some extra added features to.
    Ilike it.

Jozi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Jozi, Im looking at upgrading from the T630 myself. The OS is very slow on the T630, whats it like on the K750?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

In the profile edit menu you can associate accessories , one of these is "Accessory 110" .

Anybody know what this is .

Also , I have associated my Desk Stand CDS-60 withn office profile , but it does not switch automatically . Any ideas ???

cianr wrote:
    I notice from the O2 website that this phone now comes with an extra 256MB memory card - any idea if this is only applicable to online purchases or if it applies to buying at the stores too? I mailed one of the stores today but so far no response . . .

Also any idea if carphonewarehouse will reflect this deal? No info of it on their website.

Thanks! :D
    Online only

kazzer wrote:
    Jozi, Im looking at upgrading from the T630 myself. The OS is very slow on the T630, whats it like on the K750?
    Much better, faster and also looks good to. I dont think you'll regret the upgrade. I didnt and im very much delighted with the phone.

Jozi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I got a SE Bluetooth headset model # HBH-602 with my K750i but I have no intention of using it, EVER. It is brand new in the box.
    Anyone want to swap for a mem stick 512mb + ?

moz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

My firmware version is R1L002

I tried updating it via SEUS, at the sony ericsson site, doesnt work for me after i press "c" and reconnect the usb cable. it asks for my pin no., in which i have to enter in twice and crashes

for some weird reason O2 (where it was got) seem to have a block where you can't update firmware?

i have heard that the latest R1N firmware - It's a very buggy firmware - and you can't go back afterwards. is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

http://vodafone.ie/onlinestore/product.jsp?cat=ftc-phones&productId=17170 just saw its goin for 320eur here. How bad is the vodafone branding?..Icons affected again? How much would it be to flash it with regular firmware and is there a cheaper place to buy in Ireland ?

Mine came with a cable, wasnt a branded phone, and i was able to flash firmware with it using davinci software (google for it) cost 10 euros

Can you use da vinci to unlock it too? ..if so i might go for this. My k700 fell apart..kinda!

Liquidus wrote:
    My firmware version is R1L002

I tried updating it via SEUS, at the sony ericsson site, doesnt work for me after i press "c" and reconnect the usb cable. it asks for my pin no., in which i have to enter in twice and crashes

for some weird reason O2 (where it was got) seem to have a block where you can't update firmware?

i have heard that the latest R1N firmware - It's a very buggy firmware - and you can't go back afterwards. is this true?
    I'm on O2 and managed to update the firmware yeserday on my K750i via SEUS. Updated it from R1L002 to R1N035. Took a bit of fiddling but just about managed it. No need to input pin # when using 'C' with cable.

moz,

Ok after reading back over I can't seem to find a definite answer to if the vodafone version can be upgraded or flashed sucessfully? I'm thinking about buying one of these today so is there anyone that can help me? Will da vinci unlock and flash it? If I flash it using da vinci can I then just use the cable to update off the se site? Would love some help on this..

su_dios wrote:
    Ok after reading back over I can't seem to find a definite answer to if the vodafone version can be upgraded or flashed sucessfully? I'm thinking about buying one of these today so is there anyone that can help me? Will da vinci unlock and flash it? If I flash it using da vinci can I then just use the cable to update off the se site? Would love some help on this..

Don't know mate. But have you considered moving to O2?
    You get to keep your number and get the phone from €49 to €229 + 900 free texts + 256mb card (if you buy on line). And its defo upgradeable by SEUS on O2.
    Alternatively ask at the Vodafone shop if they can upgrade the firmware for you?

moz,

See the thing is I'm on meteor and I'm not going for a bill. I've got one of the old cards with free texts for life(not just 2008) and still have my bonuses of 15eur a month so I really just wanted to get this phone sim free or pay as you go. I'd love to find out what can be done with it though. I want to be able to upgrade it every once in a while so getting vodafone to do it won't really help.

davinci does have the option to dl yes, there's a button for it anyway. I didnt try it thou all i done was upgrade firmware.
    Checkout their site for more info

• Advertisement

Couple of questions to those who own one ....

- how do I turn off the camera sound?
    - how can I use more of the phone memory or indeed the memory card to store messages? I had 65 msgs and it told me msg memory full!

Advertisement