Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

ciaranfo wrote:
    Couple of questions to those who own one ....

- how do I turn off the camera sound?
    - how can I use more of the phone memory or indeed the memory card to store messages? I had 65 msgs and it told me msg memory full!
    I think there's cmera sound for legal reasons but if the phone is on silent there is no noise so pressing * first.
    I'd like to know about the messages to cause i got the same message today, not that i really need 60+ messages in my phone anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Legal reasons? What a load of tripe! And there is sound when the phone is on silent mode - unless I'm missing something.

As for the messages - I don't "need" 60+ messages either but I don't like having to delete some to fit new ones. Anyway to add a feature such as "overwrite read messages" (like on the 6230) or something ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

su_dios wrote:
    Can you use da vinci to unlock it too? ..if so i might go for this. My k700 fell apart..kinda!
    Yes. Davinci will both unlock and flash your phone.
    There are lots of options available to you. You can remove the branding and keep it as K750i or you can flash it to convert it to W800i firmware. Both of these can be done using the supplied cable

Regarding unlocking, you will need a seperate cable for this. Let me know if you need one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Legal reasons? What a load of tripe!

I'm not sure whether it's technically a "legal" thing, but I think the phone companies have made it policy to install a camera noise on all phones due to the amount of "sneaky" pictures been taken, some of dubious nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

I have installed firmware R1N035 successfuly, the problem was that the usb flash driver wasnt included on the cd in which i had to downlaod from the main SE website, but there is still the camera noise when i take a picture even with silent mode on, so is there another way to turn off camera noise or
    it it not possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭oneweb

Silent mode differs from the other method...

set the ring volume to 0
    set increased ringing to on

It is what it's.

I'd like loud ringing from the offset though ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

ciaranfo wrote:
    Legal reasons? What a load of tripe! And there is sound when the phone is on silent mode - unless I'm missing something.

Nope, it is for legal reasons, just not neccessarily for legal reasons in this country ie. so they don thave to change the phone for different countries.

In Sweden about a year ago they increased the minimun required level for the camera sound. Googled it but couldn't find a link....

Linoge - it couldn't possibly be because of "they cba to change the phone for each country" ... they have a separate set of firmware for each network for crying out loud! It's the software that tells the phone to make the noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

oneweb wrote:
    Silent mode differs from the other method...

set the ring volume to 0
    set increased ringing to on

that doesnt work either plus why would "increased ringing" affet the camera noise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭oneweb

Liquidus wrote:
    that doesnt work either plus why would "increased ringing" affet the camera noise?
    Works for me (on a K700 at least)...

If you have ringing volume set to 0, the camera won't click - also, the phone won't ring audibly.
    Setting Increased Ringing with a Ring Volume of 0 leaves the camera silent but enables the phone to ring audibly.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

daveirl wrote:
    I think i may have EU_3 formware, how do i check cause i forget what i flashed it with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Just went into CPW to pick this phone up now, Im CONVINCED that I was on the O2 site and I messed around with the different tariffs and I got the phone down to around the €50 mark with a monthly cost of roughly €35, but Ive been politely told that Im insane! :D Anyway, I checked it a few times the other week and I was definately able to get it at the above price range BUT now I go on the O2 site and I cant see the phone anymore - are they not doing it any more??

Any help would be appreciated! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Is the client reading your pass(es)?
    What client version are you using?
    Did you press the "update settings" button?

Went into CPW yesterday and said I was looking at porting over to O2 and picking the phone up for around €50 with monthly bills of around €35 that I had seen on the O2 website. Was politely told that I was insane :D and the only way I could get the phone for €50 was to go on the expensive tarifs(e.g. €80 a month).

Walked out the door and accross the road to the O2 shop. Phone for free(!) and only €35 a month tariff.

:D

Phone for free? How'd you blag that one and what shop was it in ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I will sign anyone up to a contract witha FREE k750i if porting a number and signing up on a contract in the north east area.. PM FOR DETAILS

• Advertisement

Phone for free? How'd you blag that one and what shop was it in ?

Not really sure to be honest! I was very (pleasantly) surprised! The shop was the O2 shop in Dun Laoghaire - very helpful staff . . . so far Ive been very impressed with O2! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

ciaranfo wrote:

- how do I turn off the camera sound?

I have a w800 and to turn the camera sound off I change the profile to Portable Handsfree. There's no option in any of the menus to turn it off.

Down on my joystick became unreliable yesterday. May need to go back.

Has anyone started installing java apps to the phone. Anything good out there?

alantc wrote:
    Has anyone started installing java apps to the phone. Anything good out there?
    I found bluejaking software on another popular forum yesterdau evening, havet tried it out yet thou.
    Would be intrested in hearing what apps others have installed to.

Jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

I've tried to get gmail working:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=647094
    but no luck. Anyone else?

About to try put on opera mini
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=702643

Had to download the files from here:
    http://xx65.kmx.ru/file/java/cx65/operaminihi.jad
    http://xx65.kmx.ru/file/java/cx65/operaminihi.jar

There are instructions to change it to english here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=702643&page=19&pp=15
    (the pictures a few posts down) but I don#t seem to have that option :(

I have a w800 and to turn the camera sound off I change the profile to Portable Handsfree. There's no option in any of the menus to turn it off.

Doesnt work for me on the K750 . . . its a very loud sound! It wouldnt be so bad if you could turn it down a little . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

alantc wrote:
    I've tried to get gmail working:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=647094
    but no luck. Anyone else?
    I tried it, and failed aswell.

I couldn't even get Vodafones POP3 email thing owrking even after downloading all the various stuff from the SE website.

Poop! Poop, I say! :mad:

However, I did manage to jerry rig some sort of solution, I have Gmail forward mails I want to be notified of to my @vodafone.ie account, and then that sends me a text message saying I have a new mail!
    I can't access the mail or anything but at least it does something!

p.s. I asked this a while ago too and got directed to this thread: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=166283
    Which was, obviously, unhelpful in the end.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I have O2 mail running on my non O2 branded K750i .

sharkman wrote:
    I have O2 mail running on my non O2 branded K750i .
    HOW????
    I tried it with settings sent from SE web site and what i could find in one of the stickies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

cianr wrote:
    Went into CPW yesterday and said I was looking at porting over to O2 and picking the phone up for around €50 with monthly bills of around €35 that I had seen on the O2 website. Was politely told that I was insane :D and the only way I could get the phone for €50 was to go on the expensive tarifs(e.g. €80 a month).

Walked out the door and accross the road to the O2 shop. Phone for free(!) and only €35 a month tariff.

:D

bloody hell!
    been looking at tarriffs across all networks at the moment and was thinking of changing to O2 for a €35p.m. tarriff (active 150) but when i checked their website there was no mention of the k750i anymore which is the phone i want so i was deciding against it.
    Until i saw what you've wrote!

Am with vodafone but for a similar amount of money you get less value from their tarrif and the k750i will cost €199!!!! good luck! bye bye vodafone!

will check in the nearest O2 store to see if they are still have the k750i. If i can get it for free i'll change on the spot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭JPA

the K750i is out of stock online but will probably be in the shops

Advertisement