Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

The offer for the K750i is in O2 shops (I know coz I've been in a few days ago). It's €29 if you're upgrading, or FREEEEE if you're a new customer / changing from Speak Easy for bill.

Still undecided as to whether I'll go for the K750i or the 6230i though ... I'm really wary about changing from Nokia :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I changed from a Nokia 7250 and look at me, I'm still alive.

(I think)

6230i be damned, it's old now, the camera can't compare and it has no worthwhile MP3 player (the maximum memory card is 512kb, boo-urns, I've a 2GB one in my K750!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

tinkerbell wrote:
    The offer for the K750i is in O2 shops (I know coz I've been in a few days ago). It's €29 if you're upgrading, or FREEEEE if you're a new customer / changing from Speak Easy for bill.

Still undecided as to whether I'll go for the K750i or the 6230i though ... I'm really wary about changing from Nokia :(

free?!?!?!!! thats in i'm changing tomorrow!:v:

/edit
    Passed an O2 shop on the way in to work this morning and saw a poster saying the k750i was from €29. that free offer over?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

BopNiblets wrote:
    I changed from a Nokia 7250 and look at me, I'm still alive.

(I think)

6230i be damned, it's old now, the camera can't compare and it has no worthwhile MP3 player (the maximum memory card is 512kb, boo-urns, I've a 2GB one in my K750!).

k750i is great alright but you can put a 2GB memory card in a 6230i as well, it works perfectly fine..

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

daveirl wrote:

did you do this yourself via davinci or something or did you have someone do it for you?

whats it like playing video files on it? i know the screen is very small but can you convert mpg4 file and play them on it to pass the commute every morning and evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

daveirl wrote:

What are the advantages exactly?

had a bit of a look around there at lunch time it was a bit of an eye opener. Though cianr you got yourself some bargin getting the phone for free with a tarriff of €35. Heres the results of my survey for the cost of the phone

Carphone Warehouse, St.Stephen's Green shopping centre:
    O2: anytime life 250 (€50p.m.) = €49
    anytime life 150 (€35p.m) = €129
    Vodafone: Perfect fit 200 (€49p.m.) = €169
    Perfect fit 400 (€69p.m.) = €149
    Meteor: Talk 200 (€40p.m.) = €149

O2 shop, Stephen's Green end of Grafton St.:
    anytime life 250 (€50p.m.) = €9
    anytime life 150 (€35p.m) = €109

Vodafone Shop, Trinity end of Grafton St.:
    Perfect fit 200 (€49p.m.) = €169 (upgrade)

O2 shop Facing Trinity, just off Grafton St.:
    anytime life 250 (€50p.m.) = €FREE
    anytime life 150 (€35p.m) = €100

In all O2 shops i told them i was currently with Vodafone. They said you can drop down tarriff after 6 months. Guy in O2 shop on St.Stephen's Green end said they were out of stock in all shops in town and wouldnt have any till monday.....dunno if i believe him.

So I might end up going with the €50 tarriff with O2 for 6 months if i can get it for free. Either that or hop on a dart out to Dun Laoghaire and see if i can get the same deal as Cianr.
    Either way the main point seems to be to shop around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

daveym wrote:
    k750i is great alright but you can put a 2GB memory card in a 6230i as well, it works perfectly fine..
    Oh, didn't know that, but still, I read reviews comparing MP3/audio quality and picture quality and the K750i won.
    Scruff wrote:
    whats it like playing video files on it? i know the screen is very small but can you convert mpg4 file and play them on it to pass the commute every morning and evening?
    It's kind of ok, I used this Nero Recode guide to put some Family Guy episodes on mine, you can't make out the smaller details (I was able to read the credits at the start anyway) but otherwise it's good.
    Tazz T wrote:
    daveirl wrote:
    If you're planning to use it as an MP3 player I really think it's worth upgrading to the W800 firmware I did it a few weeks ago and haven't looked back since.

What are the advantages exactly?
    Yeah, I'd like to know this too. I just listen to mine on the bus and in college, it's easy enough to change track by holding down the volume buttons, even wearing gloves and jeans! :D
    You're saying it's worth the effort? Does the video quality go down after, I heard thats what happens with one of the firmware changes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Hey Scruff,

To be honest when I heard I was getting it for free I decided I would ask ZERO questions! ;) The staff were very helpful(helped me with the phone and porting over, obviously, and also I was able to set up international calls without the usual required deposit for a new O2 customer) and Im very happy with the phone so far: haven't got any extra memory for it but as it comes it can take over 100 (maybe 140) pics at the highest setting which is pretty good for a camera and very good for a camera-phone. I would imagine that mp3's or videos or any files that take up a significant space that you might want to think about getting some extra memory for it.

Suffice to say I am :D with it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

jozi wrote:
    HOW????
    I tried it with settings sent from SE web site and what i could find in one of the stickies.

I the messages menue , go to mail .

Set up account and name it : O2
    Settings as follows ,
    connect using : mail
    protocol : POP3
    incoming server : pop3.o2.ie
    incoming port 110
    encryption : no
    mailbox : XXXXXXX@O2.ie
    password : xxxxxxxx
    outgoing server : smtp.o2.ie
    outgoing port : 25
    email address : XXXXXXX@O2.ie

Best of luck

does the O2 phone come with the data cable and is it flashable to the w800 firmware?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

does the O2 phone come with the data cable?

Yep.
    and is it flashable to the w800 firmware?

No idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It is flashable afaik, but voids your warrenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

yes and yes (with 3rd party software)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

does anyone know if any of the shops in dublin (like back from the future) will unbrand a vodafone branded k750i?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

How much is the K750i or W800i phone to buy as a Ready to go,Speak-easy or pay as you go?

finally got this phone (for free!!) and love it. There are a few niggly things that annoy me slightly but thats just from being used to nokias for so long (though the not showing how many characters you've typed in a text message really annoys me), other than that i absolutely love it. Getting a 2gb mem card so i can put loads of music, games and vids on it.
    Was delighted to see how clear a properly converted video can be.

started a thread on mobile phone gaming here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054861868

join in!!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i've lost touch with this thread so i'm gonna cut to the chase,

my 6600 is losing it's hold on me, the send button, 5 and 8 are getting unresponsive.

so where's the best place and cheapest to buy the 750i? either online or off. i'd reckon it will be online.

i'm on vodafone Pay as you go and like to stay that way if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

guys i have also lost track of this thread.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

You can get it for €329 in the shops on ready to go, not a bad price. Also buying it in store gives you better options if something goes wrong

don't like the silver version though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

I think it looks as good as the black and as it the only colour available on Vodafone we just have to put up with it. It is a sign of a good phone when the majority of the complaints are about the colour

yeh but it can be bought sim free aswell in black

can the vodafone ready to go one's be unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Yes. But it has to be done with hardware. No free codes

• Advertisement

when you say hardware does that mean by USB cable or some other method?

Advertisement