Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Hi
    Yes it can be done using a cable, but unfortunately, its a special service cable which is used for unlocking. The standard DCU-60 USB that is supplied with the phone is only suitable for flashing/debranding etc but cannot be used for unlocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

just bought one for €200 brand new off buy and sell love the phone keep a watch out and you'll pick one up cheap

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Does anyone know where you can get a K750i unlocked in Cork?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Freedom Mobiles
    North Main Street Shopping Centre
    Look for Tony
    Tell him Wolfman sent you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

New firmware came out a few days ago. Current version is R1AA008. There is a new update client you need to download to do this and all future updates. Details on the software forum on esato.

Has been very stable for me with most bugs apparently fixed.

Edit: Here's the link to the new update client: http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=ie&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps1_1_3_1_1&zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10242&fid=21839

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

New firmware came out a few days ago. Current version is R1AA008. There is a new update client you need to download to do this and all future updates. Details on the software forum on esato.

Has been very stable for me with most bugs apparently fixed.

Edit: Here's the link to the new update client: http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=ie&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps1_1_3_1_1&zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10242&fid=21839
    Yes, I tried it just now, thought I could finally flash this mother...
    No, I'm still stuck on firmware R1L002! :(

The Update Service app says "Incompatible version of Flash", even though I installed the latest version! :mad:

At least I think I did:
    The macromedia.com version checking webpage says that I HAVE Flash Player version 8,0,22,0 and has the little embedded thing in it, but I don't have any Macromedia Flash Player entry in my Add/Remove programs, could one of you guys check if there should be on there??
    At least then I can eliminate the Flash component as the problem. :)

BopNiblets wrote:
    Yes, I tried it just now, thought I could finally flash this mother...
    No, I'm still stuck on firmware R1L002! :(

The Update Service app says "Incompatible version of Flash", even though I installed the latest version! :mad:

At least I think I did:
    The macromedia.com version checking webpage says that I HAVE Flash Player version 8,0,22,0 and has the little embedded thing in it, but I don't have any Macromedia Flash Player entry in my Add/Remove programs, could one of you guys check if there should be on there??
    At least then I can eliminate the Flash component as the problem. :)

Yeah I do have an entry in my Add/Remove Programs for Macromedia Flash Player. My version is 7.0.19.0 if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

New firmware came out a few days ago. Current version is R1AA008.

Don't suppose it gets rid of the annoying camera shutter sound? :rolleyes:

cianr wrote:
    Don't suppose it gets rid of the annoying camera shutter sound? :rolleyes:

It does when the phone is on silent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

my brother got one today - the lucky guy, i'll be getting mine after christmas - anyways he got the pay as you go one on vodafone and it's littered with vodafone rubbish.

is there a guide to get rid of all this rubbish?

• Advertisement

YAY! :D
    It finally worked, have R1AA008 now.

FYI, you need to install Flash Player for IE and not through Mozilla Firefox.
    Standalone installer here: http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Cremo wrote:
    my brother got one today - the lucky guy, i'll be getting mine after christmas - anyways he got the pay as you go one on vodafone and it's littered with vodafone rubbish.

is there a guide to get rid of all this rubbish?
    I got rid of the o2 crap by flashing to an unbranded firmware using the davinchi software.
    If dont right you can still flash to updated FW trough the SE site and it shouldnt flash with branded FW then.
    I'll be flashing later, when i get the lend of a cable.

Bit OT but how much are the cable (DCU-60 i think) that comes with the phone, i lost mine already :(

is there anyway of using your own headphones with a k750i? the ones they supply are god awful.

BopNiblets wrote:
    how much is delivery on that site?

thinking about just going for the adapter

i'm going to be buying a pair of shure headphones in the near future so them sony one's don't appeal to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Cremo wrote:
    how much is delivery on that site?

thinking about just going for the adapter

i'm going to be buying a pair of shure headphones in the near future so them sony one's don't appeal to me.
    It was STR£4.11 I think (I registered to find out, YOU OWE ME BIG! :p )

I read that the HP-70 earphones are pretty damn good.
    hope Santy brings me some.

when you use your own headphones with this

http://www.blueunplugged.com/Products/Stereo_Headphone_Adapter_for_Sony_Ericsson_Fast_Port_Handsets.aspx

if someone calls you does it ring in your headphones?

i'd rather not go modding my brother handfree kit.

is there anywhere in dublin you can get one of these jack adapters as it would be a nice stocking filler for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

that headphone adapter doesnt have a microphone so you could listen but not talk.

ill be going for these ones, i think the extra cash is worth it.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/7409.htm

dunno where youd get it in ireland, im trying to find a case for my 750i but i think ill have to hit the net. it'll just have to wait till after crimbo!

as long as i can hear the phone ring, that'd be my main concern

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ok, this thread is huge, and i dont have time to go through it all (busy eating), but i wanna get this phone, but i want it on pay as you go, but i hate vodafone. does anyone know if its available with o2 or meteor? cause i can only see it as pay monthly.

also, if i have to get it vodafone, is it possible to unlock it (and get rid of the vodafone crap)?

thanks in advance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@kiith
    It's not on O2. I'm not sure about Meteor, I thought it was.

If you get it Vodafone you'll get it branded (proberly externally too, though I'm not sure). You can remove the internal branding by getting it flashed. You can do this yourself with 3rd party software and the cable supplied apparently.
    As for unlocking, you need a special cable/unlocking combo or 20quid down Moore St or something... as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

The cheaper stereo headset mentioned above (this one) is a bit iffy in terms of quality; I ordered mine a few months ago for about the same price from an ebay seller. Really looks like a homemade job because the cable doesn't fit the adapter well. After just a week or two the thing broke. So, would recommend u do a bit of supergluing to prevent the cable breaking free from the adapter.

Weird thing about listening to the MP3 player on the handsfree profile; when u get a text or a phone call, the MP3 player pauses but the actual ringtone sound comes from the phone, not through the headphones. It was a bit annoying sometimes. The MP3 player would suddenly stop, and only then when I started digging through my pockets would I realise somebody was ringing me.

Still, you get what u pay for I suppose ;-)

Dave

ps. this is gettin to be one hell of a long thread!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ok well ive a w800 but same insides so just a few questions.

whats the best codec/bit rates for converting tv shows(cartoon, not people)?
    i got it with vodaphone stuff in it, outside its grand, is it easy to flash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Its dead easy to flash using the davinci program.

http://spawnweb.dk/recode/k750.htm is a guide how to make vids using nero recode, worked really well for me with family guy.

Argh, I just noticed with the R1AA008 one, you can't zoom in on Panoramic pics anymore! :(

Dammit, that was a handy feature for on the spot checking to see if you lined up the pics straight!!
    WAAH!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

BopNiblets wrote:
    Argh, I just noticed with the R1AA008 one, you can't zoom in on Panoramic pics anymore! :(

Dammit, that was a handy feature for on the spot checking to see if you lined up the pics straight!!
    WAAH!

Yes you can !!!!

Ok, I just checked again, I checked all the panoramic pics I took on my hols, only some I can zoom in on!

Some have been resized for some weird reason, now I may have been resizing some on my PC or something when I put them on the new 2GB card I got for it...
    But some of them are mad sizes.

Some of the three-photo combined ones are 1632x432 (which work) but others are 1664x432!
    I even found other ones that were 1664x400, 1648x432 and 1648x416...:confused:

And the two-photo combinations are 1136x448 and some 1152x448...

I just took a new one of the room and sure enough, it saved in 1664x432 and I can't zoom in on it!
    Usually there's the little icon in the bottom corner that says 1632 in a small white frame, now it just has "..." in it!

Just what the flying bloody hell is going on here?! :(

Nobody else has seen or can confirm this? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

sharkman wrote:
    I the messages menue , go to mail .

Set up account and name it : O2
    Settings as follows ,
    connect using : mail
    protocol : POP3
    incoming server : pop3.o2.ie
    incoming port 110
    encryption : no
    mailbox : XXXXXXX@O2.ie
    password : xxxxxxxx
    outgoing server : smtp.o2.ie
    outgoing port : 25
    email address : XXXXXXX@O2.ie

Best of luck

Did anyone get their e-mail to work on the K750i ????

Advertisement