Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

whats all this about 3 shot combined panoramic pictures?? how do you take those??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

@scruff its in settings shoot mode along with frames and burst

is there a way of turning off the passkey when using bluetooth.i.e. send stuff to other devices that are not already connected

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

sharkman wrote:
    Did anyone get their e-mail to work on the K750i ????

I got my Vodafone email to work on it - its a flashed K750i and I got the settings from the SE site.. I hd to have my sim provisioned for the isp.vodafone.ie apn (it was a slightly older sim which was unprovisioned though later ones were..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Try and get flurrymail. Its a program you install onto the phone. Then register at their site with the email address that you want to check.
    The only disconcerting bit is you have to give over your password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I have this phone about 4 months but there is now a problem with the speaker when I am on a call. The voice of the person I am speaking with comes across crackily.

I'm gonna bring it back soon but has anyone else experienced this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

No problems here JPA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I never got Gmail or Vodafone mail working through the phones Messaging->Email->Inbox way, but crappy solution was to have your Gmail forwarded to your Vodafone mail (labels come into their own here, filter out important mails etc), and then have your Vodafone text you that you have mail!

Google also made it accessible by url: http://m.gmail.com
    Just put it in your phone bookmarks, works for me. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I need to ask a question about this phone (I got one recently) and let me preface it by saying mobile technology is not my stongpoint.

I was trying to download a few songs from my pc onto the phone.

I installed the software, and the pc recognised the phone as an F drive - removable drive. I then dragged and dropped individual mp3 files from the pc into the mp3 file of the F drive.

They worked!

My question is two fold however.

1/. Is a 64 mb memeory stick full at perhaps 13 songs? It won't download any more.

2/. Am I putting the mp3's in the right pace on the phone? and can I zip the mp3's to get more transferred?

Sorry in advance.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

13 songs would likely fill it, just add up what they were reporting on the PC as their size, you get slightly less that 64MB storage room on the card. that should be the right place for the mp3s, if you open the music player on the phone and can see the tracks you are fine.

zipping mp3s isn't possible as they are already compressed the phone wouldn't be able to unzip them anyway..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I need a bigger memory stick then. Many thanks.

I've listened to the tracks. Excellent sound.

• Advertisement

Memory sticks are cheaper online, Jebus knows any retail show will leave your wallet empty and tumbleweed-y

512, 1GB or 2GB if you're feeling rich. :p

*checks his own phone*
    2GBs will get you:
    562 images, mostly 2MP in size
    + 357 MP3's of various sizes with a little room to spare. :D

Ok let's go mad and go for 1mb. Is ebay the best place to purchase?

i think you might want to change that to 1GB instead of 1mb there is a bit of a difference:D

Noted :D

Ebay then?

try mobymemory.com, ebay is cheaper but watch out for the massive shipping costs..

i got a 2gb card off a crowd at ebay, cost €116 inc delivery but took 10 weeks to get it. :mad:

Another quesion:
    Is there any software for the k750i to back up text and mms messages onto your pc? With the K750i's crap message storage capacity i want to back up my text messages instead of deleting them.
    I'm looking at the SE PC suite and can see anythin that will let me do that. In fact the SE PC suite looks like its complete sh1te compared to the nokia one.

1gig cards are "only" €99 in Carphone Warehouse & O2 to name but two. That's not a bad price "on the high steet".

SanDisk 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo (with MS Adapter).

more info..

Perfect for Sony PSP - Playstation Portable games machine
    Mobile Compatibility List:Not for s700i, P900, P800 New!Sony Ericsson K750i, Sony Ericsson D750i, Sony Ericsson W800i, Sony Ericsson w900i, Sony Ericsson P910, Sony Ericsson v800, Sony PSP (Playstation Portable), and modern Sony Cameras/video cameras like: Sony DSC-T1, Sony DSC-T3, Sony DSC-T33, Sony Cyber-shot DSC-L1, Sony DCR-HC40
    Inventory: (IN STOCK: Shipping same-day if ordered before 3pm GMT)

List Price: £129.99
    Price: £34.99 (£34.99 Inc. VAT)

Looks good. From www.mobymemory.com

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Scruff wrote:
    i got a 2gb card off a crowd at ebay, cost €116 inc delivery but took 10 weeks to get it. :mad:

Another quesion:
    Is there any software for the k750i to back up text and mms messages onto your pc? With the K750i's crap message storage capacity i want to back up my text messages instead of deleting them.
    I'm looking at the SE PC suite and can see anythin that will let me do that. In fact the SE PC suite looks like its complete sh1te compared to the nokia one.

Did you have a lok at Floats Mobile Agent - I think it might do that.

MyPhoneExplorer does exactly what you want in terms of phonebook and SMS Scruff :)

• Advertisement

has anyone bought from mobymemory before what are they like. that 1gig card looks good value i might get one

i recommended mobymemory above, i've bought 2 cards off them and 3 of the lads in work got cards too. One had a problem with his 2GB MMC card and they replaced it asap.

SanDisk 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo (with MS Adapter).

more info..

Perfect for Sony PSP - Playstation Portable games machine
    Mobile Compatibility List:Not for s700i, P900, P800 New!Sony Ericsson K750i, Sony Ericsson D750i, Sony Ericsson W800i, Sony Ericsson w900i, Sony Ericsson P910, Sony Ericsson v800, Sony PSP (Playstation Portable), and modern Sony Cameras/video cameras like: Sony DSC-T1, Sony DSC-T3, Sony DSC-T33, Sony Cyber-shot DSC-L1, Sony DCR-HC40
    Inventory: (IN STOCK: Shipping same-day if ordered before 3pm GMT)

List Price: £129.99
    Price: £34.99 (£34.99 Inc. VAT)

Looks good. From www.mobymemory.com

arggh the price keeps getting lower, when I bought mine they were 50GBP... but that's a great price am tempted to buy a second one!

ciaranfo wrote:
    MyPhoneExplorer does exactly what you want in terms of phonebook and SMS Scruff :)

Exactly what i was looking for, cheers. Actually had downloaded it before but forgot to install in and then forgot all about it :rolleyes:

oh and the 2gb memory stick + adaper i got was a High Speed one so it was pretty good value @ €116. its €180 on www.mobymemory.com.

*bumpety bump*

Has anyone got the newest firmware (R1BC002)yet through the new Sony Ericsson Update Service (version 2.2.13.7d)?

nope, still cant get my O2 branded one to update its firmware.

Whats the best bluetooth headset to use with the k750i or are the in car hands free sets any good like this one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Scruff wrote:
    nope, still cant get my O2 branded one to update its firmware.

Whats the best bluetooth headset to use with the k750i or are the in car hands free sets any good like this one ?
    if its still under warranty then just bring it to mprc and they should do it for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

BopNiblets wrote:
    *bumpety bump*

Has anyone got the newest firmware (R1BC002)yet through the new Sony Ericsson Update Service (version 2.2.13.7d)?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

What's different in this version?

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    if its still under warranty then just bring it to mprc and they should do it for free.

who\where\what is mprc??

Advertisement