Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

sharkman, i dont know ere you get your information from but please keep it coming

have people seen this site. its all on the k750i, it has videos on it to.

HERE

sony ericsson has the k750i avaiable on thier webiste.
    Click Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dshakey wrote:
    sony ericsson has the k750i avaiable on thier webiste.
    Click Here

can you actually buy of the irish sony site - i see no option to or any price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

there is no option on the irish sony ericsson site to buy any phones from the site. but there is on the english site.
    the phone still isnt available, the removal of the coming soon sign just means its ready to be shipped and should go on sale within the next week or so on some online retailers at a high starting price, all because they will have some of what will be a very limited stock the same thing happened with the k700i and the s700i

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

I see expansys have announced their sim free price.

£474.95 (€691). Ouch. :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Yep on the Irish site it's : €719.95 (595.00 exc.)

told you the price would be high, give it a week or two the price will stabilise when the stock is widespread plus expansys were always a bit of a rip off they are still selin the s700i for €600+, its now €380 sim free in the cpw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

€525 on www.celluloco.com but still no stock.
    Pricey p+p though.

Howdy lads,

I'm up in Gothenberg, Sweden (the home of Sony Ericsson :D ) at the moment and just took a walk around a shopping centre in the centre of Gothenberg to see if I could find a K750i anywhere. I went into an 'The Phone House' (ie the Carphone Warehouse) and 'Aircall' and asked about the K750i. They both said it's out on Monday (23rd) and will cost 4,195 Swedish Kroner which is around €456. Both shops had dummy models of the K750i, which I took a few photos of.

DSC00167.JPG
    DSC00168.JPG
    DSC00169.JPG

I'm back in Gothenberg next Wednesday so I'll definitely try to pick one up, especially given that they are almost €150 cheaper than what expansys will be looking for when they get them in.

Can't wait. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Just found all these K750i prices in Germany (€309 - 399).

http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/290024.html

Any chance of picking up two , can you get your name down for the special edition ?

sharkman wrote:
    Any chance of picking up two , can you get your name down for the special edition ?

Yeah that should be no problem. PM me and we'll arrange something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

PR any silver models on display?

PR any silver models on display?

No didn't see any of the silver models on display. They just had the black one on display in The Phone House and in Aircall.
    sharkman wrote:
    can you get your name down for the special edition ?

I'll try ringing them tomorrow, I can't believe I walked away without pre-ordering one!

does anyone know when the k750i will be available to buy in ireland, ive seen some site, and the price is very high, when will it come down in price

It will be a while before you see it in the shops over here. livetelecom.com will have it from thursday for €460 :eek: you could always go to holland its being sold over there for around €340 :D

Richie6904 wrote:
    It will be a while before you see it in the shops over here. livetelecom.com will have it from thursday for €460 :eek: you could always go to holland its being sold over there for around €340 :D

do you know of any web sites that sell to ireland from holland

sadly no but you could get a dutch member of M-R to send you one :D wishfull thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭halkar

I have ordered from one of the German sites with the help of Google translator for 395 including delivery and COD costs. Not sure if it will work but I got an order number but no mail so far. If it doesn't work I will try again with other sites. Anything better than 700 yoyos :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 dark_prince

Can you let me know who you ordered from? I sent an email off to two companies last week in the few words of German I could remember from University but haven't checked my gmail at home recently and am blocked from work. I'm thinking of ordering one of them too as my current phone is on its last legs. Let me know how you get on and whether there's any other charges. I had a phone DHL'd to Australia when I was on holidays as my own was stolen in another country and had endless phone calls with DHL to release the phone without paying import duty but I presume this was just because I was outside of EU?

I tried http://www.promarkt.de . To my understanding ( with the help of Google translator) they do sell some EU countries and Ireland is listed. They don't do credit card outside of Germany so they use COD. I went through their order process etc and got an order number but have not receive a mail yet and can not log on to account section with the mail and password I used. So I thought maybe I entered my e-mail wrong and fill their online form to ask them (in English) to check my mail details and no response to that either. If anyone understands German maybe they can help with the site as it does not look like a dodgy place and they have 14 days cooling period where you can send back to goods back, something similiar to Argos.

I will try asking again as I would like to try the other sites if it does not work this time. I'll wait few days. I don't want to double order and end up with few phones of the same :D If it works, it will be well worth the savings of almost €350 ;) comparing to expansys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Pagnell

I got a free upgrade to a K750i on O2 here in Bedfordshire this morning. I was lucky as O2 are the first network in the UK to get them and the O2 shop I got it from took the delivery while I was in the shop deciding what phone to upgrade to! Naturally when I saw it there was only one choice.

It is a super phone that improves on the K700i in every way and the camera is the best on any phone out there at the moment. I'm still playing with it at the moment but so far so good.

Price is gone down to €469 in Expansys €388 without VAT.
    Chaaaaaaarge :D

Expansys is still pre order though, its €460 on livetelecom from thursday which is still a little high for my liking once it drops below the €400 mark ill get it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Expansys have now indicated the K750i will be available on Tue June 7th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

SE e-shop have updated their site with the K750i on it. Not in stock yet and no price mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

bedlam wrote:
    Expansys have them in stock and are shipping now, just got my pre-order shipping confirmation request.

They're going quick too. When I first looked at the site, they had 25, now it's down to 21. Anyone want one, better order quick.

Most sites seemed to have them in stock now. Strangely enough, www.pixmania.com are still saying the product won't be available until the 30th of June - over a month away!

Long live expansys, I should have it on Tuesday ;)

• Advertisement

I've just been on the phone with them and the stock is for pre-orders , so if you diddnt preorder on you may have to wait . :(

Advertisement