Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

sharkman wrote:
    I've just been on the phone with them and the stock is for pre-orders , so if you diddnt preorder on you may have to wait . :(

Sharkman,
    My friend just ordered one an hour ago - Not pre-order and he got a mail saying it has just shipped. On their site, they do register them in stock so I think if you place an order now, you will still get one. I'm tempted to place an order now before 4pm - so it will get shipped out before the weekend and should arrive early next week.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

ADSLUSER , Your correct , rang them back and they have back orders for 52 , but if you order today and pay by credit card you effectivly steal the stock and then when payment is recieved they muct wait for stock ..

GO FOR IT !

Should have mine on Wed-Thursday : Main Status: Ready to Ship

sharkman wrote:
    Should have mine on Wed-Thursday : Main Status: Ready to Ship

Couldn't resist either - mine has just shipped! - Can't wait to get it.

Same here !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭halkar

Mine is shipped, it was pre-ordered ;)

All we need now are DHL tracking numbers .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hope I don't piss a few of you off posting this link.

K750i at Mobilerepair.de They've beaten everyone again on price.
    It's probably like the k700i's people got from them,sim free but some sort of operator software loaded.

BUT WHO CARES WHEN ITS €310 (€346 incl p+p):eek: :eek: :eek:

I've mailed them twice to find out about the software but haven't heard anything back yet. Unlike before the price doesn't drop when you register with them. :(

Me thinks the credit card is coming out of retirement for this one. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Ordered mine off mphone yesterday afternoon. It's shipped and with Fedex now, got the tracking number a few hours ago. Should have it on Monday morning. They're selling it a bit cheaper than expansys too...

• Advertisement

Update on my earlier post.
    The phone has Eplus branded software on it.
    Available from next wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Update on my earlier post.
    The phone has Eplus branded software on it.
    Available from next wednesday.

hmmmm, what does that mean in usage terms? how much will the eplus software effect it? Any ideas?

www.mobilejoker.com also had Eplus branding on it too. As far as I know it means that there will be a customized shortcut to Eplus wap portal, some preconfigured settings but shouldn't be too bad. I think the worst branding has to be from Vodafone - the T610 was a disaster! Anyone order one with the Eplus branding, I would be interested in knowing what the difference is. It's certainly a great price!

Nevertheless, can't wait to receive my phone next week.

ADSLUSER wrote:
    www.mobilejoker.com also had Eplus branding on it too. As far as I know it means that there will be a customized shortcut to Eplus wap portal, some preconfigured settings but shouldn't be too bad. I think the worst branding has to be from Vodafone - the T610 was a disaster! Anyone order one with the Eplus branding, I would be interested in knowing what the difference is. It's certainly a great price!

Nevertheless, can't wait to receive my phone next week.
    if the eplus branding ain't bad i'll get it that one, too expensive for my liking on epansys - if only i could buy ex-vat. :(

Hopefully the Eplus software will be something like the o2 software on the k700i. The only thing they changed as Adsluser said was the wap settings and the icon on the menu.
    I've ordered one so I'll let you know what it's like.
    Fair play to Lars though,he said as soon as a server based debranding solution comes along for it he'd send me a free log to get rid of the branding.
    This guy looks after his customers. :p

Hopefully the Eplus software will be something like the o2 software on the k700i. The only thing they changed as Adsluser said was the wap settings and the icon on the menu.
    I've ordered one so I'll let you know what it's like.
    Fair play to Lars though,he said as soon as a server based debranding solution comes along for it he'd send me a free log to get rid of the branding.
    This guy looks after his customers. :p

cheers - i really want to get this phone so i'll look forward to hearing the low down on it, fingers crossed its all good.

:D Just got my phone this morning - only ordered it on Fri - now that's what I call a speedy service from Expansys. I didn't even take the DHL option.

Well first impressions, the phone is really small, same size as a K700i but it gives the illusion of being slightly smaller. The form factor is very pleasing and phone appears to be well made. It's also very light, especially compared with the S700i which I used to have.

The phone is really an evolution of the K700i but only improves on what the K700i always missed out on i.e. a better camera, removable storage, better screen, full screen pictures and video, brighter light, faster menu. I haven't explored all the features yet but I'm sure there are little tweaks everywhere. Even the menu presentation with it's flying icons look very snazzy and cool.

The 2mega pixel camera is truly amazing - even better than my S700i and Sharp GX30. The added macro function and S700i settings & menu is a truly welcome and it's really hard to believe they fit all this in such a small package. Although the screen is not as big as a S700i, the screen is very good and displays the pictures really very well. When you compare to viewing photos on a K700i, you can really see how much the screen has improved. The autofocus works just the same way as a standalone digital camera i.e. half press to focus and press down fully to take a picture. Sometimes you would almost forget that this is a phone and not a camera! I always wanted a camera phone of decent quality that could be used in emergencies when you forget your camera, I think the K750i is it!

Well enough of the camera for now. Reception on the phone appears to be as good as the S700i and K700i and all calls appeared very clear. The speaker phone also appears to be better and louder than the S700i and K700i. When you make a call, a dedicated button to switch to speaker phone immediately appears. Handy if you use the speaker phone a lot.

That's about all I had to time to play around with the phone today after work but I am not one bit disappointed. I really loved my S700i but always felt it was too big and the swivel design was really a novelty and became a little annoying after a while. For me, this is a worthy replacement for my S700i, in a very small and light package. Tomorrow, I will start to play around with the other features i.e. mp3 player with the ability to create playlists etc...

For now, I highly recommend anyone thinking of getting this phone, although it's a bit expensive at the moment. Mobilerepair.de appears to be very good value if the Eplus branding isn't too extensive.

Lastly, the phone comes with a 64MB card and not a 32MB as I first thought which was a nice surprise, however I'll be investing in one of the larger cards in the near future. Anyway enough babbling for now, and back to playing with my phone

ADSLUSER wrote:
    :D Just got my phone this morning - only ordered it on Fri - now that's what I call a speedy service from Expansys. I didn't even take the DHL option.

Well first impressions, the phone is really small, same size as a K700i but it gives the illusion of being slightly smaller. The form factor is very pleasing and phone appears to be well made. It's also very light, especially compared with the S700i which I used to have.

The phone is really an evolution of the K700i but only improves on what the K700i always missed out on i.e. a better camera, removable storage, better screen, full screen pictures and video, brighter light, faster menu. I haven't explored all the features yet but I'm sure there are little tweaks everywhere. Even the menu presentation with it's flying icons look very snazzy and cool.

The 2mega pixel camera is truly amazing - even better than my S700i and Sharp GX30. The added macro function and S700i settings & menu is a truly welcome and it's really hard to believe they fit all this in such a small package. Although the screen is not as big as a S700i, the screen is very good and displays the pictures really very well. When you compare to viewing photos on a K700i, you can really see how much the screen has improved. The autofocus works just the same way as a standalone digital camera i.e. half press to focus and press down fully to take a picture. Sometimes you would almost forget that this is a phone and not a camera! I always wanted a camera phone of decent quality that could be used in emergencies when you forget your camera, I think the K750i is it!

Well enough of the camera for now. Reception on the phone appears to be as good as the S700i and K700i and all calls appeared very clear. The speaker phone also appears to be better and louder than the S700i and K700i. When you make a call, a dedicated button to switch to speaker phone immediately appears. Handy if you use the speaker phone a lot.

That's about all I had to time to play around with the phone today after work but I am not one bit disappointed. I really loved my S700i but always felt it was too big and the swivel design was really a novelty and became a little annoying after a while. For me, this is a worthy replacement for my S700i, in a very small and light package. Tomorrow, I will start to play around with the other features i.e. mp3 player with the ability to create playlists etc...

For now, I highly recommend anyone thinking of getting this phone, although it's a bit expensive at the moment. Mobilerepair.de appears to be very good value if the Eplus branding isn't too extensive.

Lastly, the phone comes with a 64MB card and not a 32MB as I first thought which was a nice surprise, however I'll be investing in one of the larger cards in the near future. Anyway enough babbling for now, and back to playing with my phone
    thanks for the review - i really really want this phone now - just have to wait to see what Tax Man says about the branding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

any idea where you are going to get the memory card from ADSLUSER?

MiCr0 wrote:
    any idea where you are going to get the memory card from ADSLUSER?

I'm going to keep an eye out on boards and Ebay - plenty of good deals going round!

• Advertisement

Cheers for sharing that Adsluser.Glad to hear it's not just the same stuff in a new wrapper.
    I'm soooooooo jealous. :D:D
    Keep it coming!!!
    Probably won't get mine till next week sometime but I'll let ye know how good or bad the Eplus branding is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭halkar

Damn you Adsluser, where is mine? Mine was sent Friday too.
    Maybe because I live in middle of nowhere, oh well I should get it tuesday (today :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Yes, www.shop4memory.com is quite good and very prompt delivery service too. However I tend to find cheaper cards on Ebay.

Here's a sample pic I took using the macro function in relatively low lighting. Enjoy. One other thing, in silent mode, the camera remains silent unlike my S700i.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I was looking at getting the S700i from a crowd in the UK for about 380euro (incl. dev) but I'm being quite tempted by the K750i from mobilerepair.de.

Any reccomendations over which one to get? The K750i is newer which is a nice advantage but the S700 is fancy with its big screen and such novelty. Though im slightly worried about the large size/novelty of the twisty design wearing off.

I would go with the K750i if price isn't an issue, I upgraded from a S700i. Apart from a smaller screen, it beats everything on the S700i hands down. The screen quality is just as good as the S700i but smaller but then again, it's also shirt pocketable!

Hey Dave , what time did you order your phone at and did you use the Airsure or DHL option .

I ordered mine at 15:17 last Friday and DHL still dont have it .... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Where would you reccomend ordering it from?

Mobilerepair.de seem to have decent prices although they dont really say much information about it. Is it fully sim-free or does it come branded etc. Also any idea of how long it would take to ship across. Seems it will cost about 350 in total.

So ADSLUSER is the chosen one ! The force is strong in this K750i user !

• Advertisement

sharkman wrote:
    Hey Dave , what time did you order your phone at and did you use the Airsure or DHL option .

I ordered mine at 15:17 last Friday and DHL still dont have it .... :(

I ordered mine at 2pm and I just chose the Airsure option. I was pleasantly suprised when it arrived on Mon morning - definitely quicker than DHL and cheaper - doesn't make sense really.

Advertisement