Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

ADSLUSER wrote:
    I ordered mine at 2pm and I just chose the Airsure option. I was pleasantly suprised when it arrived on Mon morning - definitely quicker than DHL and cheaper - doesn't make sense really.

Who did you place your order with?

Im tempted to throw in an order for the K750i on mobilerepair.de this evening if they are decent and quick.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Bah , mine obviously missed the cut-off .

Baahhhh , I'm going out to taunt some children . :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Winters wrote:
    Where would you reccomend ordering it from?

Mobilerepair.de seem to have decent prices although they dont really say much information about it. Is it fully sim-free or does it come branded etc. Also any idea of how long it would take to ship across. Seems it will cost about 350 in total.
    It will be sim-free but does have some Eplus branding - Tax Man ordered one the other day from mobilerepair.de so i am waiting to see what he says bout the branding.

Well .. I eh, ended up just ordering one from Mobilerepair.de a few min ago. Im still waiting for the order to come up in the "My Orders" section of the site so I emaield them to find out what the story was with it. Paypal already recieved my order so I should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

He said they should have them by wednesday(tomorrow).So it should be on its way before the weekend.Don't know if you want to bite the bullet and just get it or if you want to hang on till I get mine and report back on the branding issue.

Wow I bet that flower would look real if taken with a lower spec camera. :D:D:D

• Advertisement

I put the order through already and Paypal says the card has been charged so its too late to go back now :D

I sent a message from the site off to him about the order not being listed on the "My Orders" page and also to check if he even got the order. I shall be looking forward to it shipping out so before the weekend. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭halkar

Got mine today :D
    It is a little gem. Camera is very like other cameras with lots of options to set even lets you insert date and time to the pics. I will try the different settings too see which is best but on average pictures are around 400k for normal and 200k for fine settings so even 64mb stick will hold many pics ;)

Screen is good quality, bright and sharp. Menu is far better than my old T630 and lively. I like the radio but only works when the hearphone is in as the hearphone is the antenna but after it is plugged in you can use the loudspeaker.

Phone is very solid and good build as I would expect from Sony and is light, battery is tiiiiny almost half size of my T630's battery. Bundled USB cable also used as charger and phone recognised and installed in few minutes after XP installed the drivers (installed 5 devices with the phone :rolleyes: ). You can access the memory stick folder just like any other memory drive and you can copy any files you want on to it. So far so good, phone, decent camera, radio, mp3 player, memory stick all in your pocket :D

I haven't read the manual yet so if I find anything else I will post :D

I couldn't resist and have preorder 1gb memory stick from expansys :D

No regrets, this is the best phone I have had so far. Big thumbs up for expansys for their prompt and quick service :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

fantastic. Cant wait for Mobilerepair.de to ship mine out now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

Winters wrote:
    fantastic. Cant wait for Mobilerepair.de to ship mine out now :D

let us know wehn ya get it? im very interested in getting mine from them..

• Advertisement

dshakey wrote:
    let us know wehn ya get it? im very interested in getting mine from them..

I just emailed them about my order as its still not being listed on the "My Orders" page even though Paypal recieved the transaction. I got an email back to say
    we are off for a few days of holiday beginning on 28.5. until 7.6. We'll be back on Tuesday 8.6. and will answer your emails then

So it looks like it shall be another week before it gets shipped out :( . It will be worth the wait anyway. They offer it a lot cheaper then many of the other stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

AHHHH Pants!!!

I got mine this morning , just starting to play with it now .

However whan I play a short ring tone (CTU 24) it only plays once and wont loop it !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Mine arrived at the house yesterday morning, but I'm out of the country at the moment and not back until Friday night so just knowing it's sitting there in the house is killing me! And listening to you feckers is making me worse. :D

Just ordered a 1GB memory stick off ebay so should hopefully get that some time next week.

Well lads, mine is fecked :(
    Was fine yesterday and started to freeze on me. Will not come back from stand by whatever key I press even the power key. Only way to get the phone back was to take the battery out and back again. Done some search on the net to found few people had the same problem. Sending back for replacement tomorrow :(:(

Have you tried to flash the s/w through the SE site ?

I couldn't find anything on their site or anywhere else on the net. It is totally unusable. I am with meteor and don't have other operators sims to check either.

P.S. I think the usb cable will allow F\W upgrades when they are available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Any more reviews? and places to buy sim free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Livetelecom has it for €430 euro and SE english site has it for €445 euro these are the cheapest two sites i can find both prices include delivery.
    Ill wait a few weeks for it as im going on holidays tomorrow. unless it is being sold nice and cheap in tenerife :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

there are two sites sellin them for around €350. mobilerepair.de and mobilejoker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Just waiting for mine to arrive. Incidentally komplett.ie have loads of Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo 1024Mb in stock for €133 (cheapest I've found in EU so far (in stock)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

www.shop4memory.com has them for 134 i think - with free shipping

http://www.shop4memory.com/products/memory-stick.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

MiCr0 wrote:

Wrong type of stick, K750i only take duo or duo pro and they don't stock 1GB ones unfortunately. http://www.shop4memory.com/products/memory-stick-duo.asp

There are a few UK shops with similar prices but usually with delivery on top. Expansys has the best price I've seen €111 plus delivery) but none in stock yet, it all depends how quickly you want one.

If anyone wants one from Expansys , I have a preorder which I am not using .

I will be cancelling it in the morning .

Sarn wrote:
    Wrong type of stick, K750i only take duo or duo pro and they don't stock 1GB ones unfortunately. http://www.shop4memory.com/products/memory-stick-duo.asp

There are a few UK shops with similar prices but usually with delivery on top. Expansys has the best price I've seen €111 plus delivery) but none in stock yet, it all depends how quickly you want one.

doh hope that one works with my v800 - its in post :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Everyone, here's a brilliant review of the K750i on mobileburn including loads of sample photos taken by the camera:

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=1393&source=HOMETOP

It gives it a big thumbs up and says it's the best GSM phone around at the moment. I couldn't agree with them more - very pleased with this phone. Doesn't seem to be missing anything.

MiCr0 wrote:
    doh hope that one works with my v800 - its in post :confused:

any one know will that other memory card work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

MiCr0 wrote:
    any one know will that other memory card work?

Looks like you ordered a PRO, when you wanted a PRO Duo. Just let them know you ordered the wrong card and I'm sure they'll give you a refund. The 1GB Pro Duo cards are hard to find at the moment as they're still very new. I had to get mine off ebay..

a big thumbs up for shop4memory
    Hello David,

Many thanks for your mail. I've changed your order for 1Gb Memory stick Pro Duo, and it's coming in stock today, so it should be delivered within 1-2 days.

Hope it is of some help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I used a k750. amazing phone. looks great. the black makes it look quite different. not too heavy. compared to nokias equivalent, its nearly half the weight. should be here on netoworks by end of july at the latest

Advertisement