Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

still think the silver version is nicer... but not seen it available from anywhere yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭halkar

Micro, did you get a price for 1gb? It is not listed on their site. I assume it will be priced around the memory stick pros. I pre-order one from expansys, not in stock yet. Though I am waiting for my replacement phone.

DubWireless, I think black is very nice. Looks like a phone not a toy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

@halkar

Are you still having those problems with the phone freezing in standby? Mine worked perfectly for the first few days, but I've had the phone crash in standby a good few times in the last 24hrs. My alarm never went off this morning because the phone froze at 4am. You know the time it freezes at because the clock on the standby screen freezes too. :mad:

Anyone else noticed similar behaviour with their K750's? There's been lots of people on esato experiencing the same problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

@halkar

Are you still having those problems with the phone freezing in standby? Mine worked perfectly for the first few days, but I've had the phone crash in standby a good few times in the last 24hrs. My alarm never went off this morning because the phone froze at 4am. You know the time it freezes at because the clock on the standby screen freezes too. :mad:

Anyone else noticed similar behaviour with their K750's? There's been lots of people on esato experiencing the same problem.

I've used my phone for over a week now and not one crash. I also use the alarm to wake me up for work everyday and so far has done what it says on the box. Having said that, my first crash probaby happen tomorrow!! :confused:

However, in the meantime, I've very,very pleased with my investment.

I've heard of some problems on branded K750i, is yours a branded version? Not sure what firmware mine is - I don't know to fine the version info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Is anyone in the know as to whether the K750i will be released on Meteor pay-as-you-go? any irish pay-as-you go would do, but i would prefer to get it off meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

to find the firmware

> * < < * < *

MiCr0 wrote:
    to find the firmware

> * < < * < *
    How do I enter that in a K750i? I don't know how to enter the '<' or '>' unless I'm in text mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

it will be left/right on the joystick/directional keys

MiCr0 wrote:
    it will be left/right on the joystick/directional keys

Cheers,

Software info on my phone is:
    R1A044
    prgCXC125952_EU_1_CL

@halkar

Phonenix, I am waiting for a replacement. Yep there are many people having similiar problems. Anyone curious can check this thread also few topics in expansys forums. Some thinks it could be a bad batch, also heard that sony is working on a firmware update which will be on their site and update is possible with the usb cable. I sent mine back for a replacement after the first day as it was totally unusable. The only way to get the phone back in life was to remove the battery. If you can, send it for replacement :) I should have mine sometime this week and if I have the same problem that is going back too until I get a decent set :D

• Advertisement

Adsluser, mine had the same firmware. Out of curiosity, have you connected via USB. If I remember correct my problems started after that, though I was playing around too much to let it go standy before that. :D

halkar wrote:
    Adsluser, mine had the same firmware. Out of curiosity, have you connected via USB. If I remember correct my problems started after that, though I was playing around too much to let it go standy before that. :D

Yes I've connected regularly using the USB cable for transferring files and managing my phone.

Yeah, mine is a sim-free unbranded version and I'm also running the R1A044 firmware.

I think I might have found the solution to the crashing problem. I was using the phone for the first few days in Ireland on the Vodafone network and didn't have a single crash. I'm roaming with my mobile in France at the moment, and it was only when I switched the phone on after the flight that the crashing problems started. So I figured maybe it had something to do with the network/network infrastructure that the phone didn't like. So I changed to a different roaming network but that didn't help. Then I thought it might have something to do with network selection being in 'automatic' where it constantly searches for the best signal from any networks and changes network accordingly. So, I put the phone into 'manual' network selection which stops it constantly searching for a new, stronger network. Since doing this I've had no crashes at all, and the phone is behaving itself. So we'll wait and see. If anyone else is having the crashing problems try setting network selection to manual and then chose your home network and see if that makes a difference. Post back if you try it.

Yeah, mine is a sim-free unbranded version and I'm also running the R1A044 firmware.

I think I might have found the solution to the crashing problem. I was using the phone for the first few days in Ireland on the Vodafone network and didn't have a single crash. I'm roaming with my mobile in France at the moment, and it was only when I switched the phone on after the flight that the crashing problems started. So I figured maybe it had something to do with the network/network infrastructure that the phone didn't like. So I changed to a different roaming network but that didn't help. Then I thought it might have something to do with network selection being in 'automatic' where it constantly searches for the best signal from any networks and changes network accordingly. So, I put the phone into 'manual' network selection which stops it constantly searching for a new, stronger network. Since doing this I've had no crashes at all, and the phone is behaving itself. So we'll wait and see. If anyone else is having the crashing problems try setting network selection to manual and then chose your home network and see if that makes a difference. Post back if you try it.

For the record I'm currently using the Meteor network and not one crash yet.

Mine is Meteor too, I will consider something else if my replacement does the same. Plenty phones around for 400 yoyos :cool:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone recieved their phones from www.mobilerepair.de yet? I'll like to find out how bad the branding is, the price they're selling at is really very good.

Well I was wrong. It crashed again last night, followed by a second crash shortly after I reset it. Gonna have to send this one back I think. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

ADSLUSER wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone recieved their phones from www.mobilerepair.de yet? I'll like to find out how bad the branding is, the price they're selling at is really very good.

No nothing yet,orders are still "pending".
    They went on their hols last week,should get some movement with week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

does the k750 support video recording and play back?

been looking at http://phone.mobile9.com/sony-ericsson/k750/?view=specification and it doesnt say anything about it.

There also seems to be a D750, whats the the story with that? http://phone.mobile9.com/sony-ericsson/d750i/?view=specification
    it seems it supports video playback.

Taken fromMobileburn.com

Today at CeBIT in Hannover, Germany, Sony Ericsson launched the new D750i, a variant of the recently launched K750i. The new D750i will be exclusive to T-Mobile's European networks.

Like the K750i, the D750i has a 2 megapixel camera, an FM radio and MP3 player, and supports Memory Stick Duo Pro cards of up to 2GB in size. The 2 megapixel camera is equipped with true auto-focus, a 4x digital zoom, and a flash with a red-eye reduction mode. Photos can be stored in either the 38MB of available internal storage, or on the included 64MB Memory Stick duo card that the handset ships with.

The Sony Ericsson says that the T-Mobile D750i will ship in Q2 of 2005.

No word on pricing yet.
    and...
    It appears that the Sony Ericsson D750, a T-Mobile branded version of the K750 that was slated for T-Mobile's European networks, might actually make it to the USA. The 2 megapixel camera-equipped device recently showed up on the US Government's FCC website, sporting the familiar T-Mobile logos and branding that differentiate it from a regular K750. No word yet if Sony Ericsson is planning a 850/1900Mhz version of the K750 with EDGE support for the country's largest network, Cingular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Anybody know when this phone is going to appear in the shops and what offers will the networks be offering? Its been on sale in the UK for a few weeks now but it doesn't seem to have been released in Ireland yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anybody know when this phone is going to appear in the shops and what offers will the networks be offering? Its been on sale in the UK for a few weeks now but it doesn't seem to have been released in Ireland yet.
    anyone in the know on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭oneweb

Sorry if it's been posted before...
    €386 at pixmania (ex delivery)
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/telephony/6/onglet.html?itag=3933

It is what it's.

New firmware has been released for K750i. Just installed it last night from the sonyericsson site. Fixes the freezing issue in standby for those that suffered it amongst a few other minor issues. It's so good that they included a USB cord with the K750i so you can do DIY firmware upgrades as SE release them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

All the online mobile shops try and flog you another USB cable anyway.

Any word on the mobilerepair.de K750s? Branding? Availability?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Got an email from mobilerepair.de yesterday to say that they recieved my order and it shall be shipped out this week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

One week on and I have to say it's a great phone, compact, light and full of functions. No crashes yet thankfully. Have to see about upgrading the firmware just in case.

:D
    Winters wrote:
    Got an email from mobilerepair.de yesterday to say that they recieved my order and it shall be shipped out this week :D

WAHOOO!!!
    Same here.Delay due to the suspect first batch.
    Hopefully that means a crash free phone for us. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

:D

WAHOOO!!!
    Same here.Delay due to the suspect first batch.
    Hopefully that means a crash free phone for us. :D

taxman,
    what is the branding like on the phone?

• Advertisement

We didn't get them yet. He held off sending the phones till he got a batch from SE that were ok. He is posting tomorrow so should have it soon enough.
    I'll let you know straight away what the branding is like.

Advertisement