Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭halkar

Sarn wrote:
    One week on and I have to say it's a great phone, compact, light and full of functions. No crashes yet thankfully. Have to see about upgrading the firmware just in case.

I recommend the upgrade, phone's speaker sound was low even when it set to highest, this is fixed with the upgrade. I got my replacement, it had the same firmware as the first one I had but it wasn't freezing anymore. Upgraded the firmware and now I enjoy the phone fully. I was afraid to play around in case it start freezing again :D

Online upgrade can be pain though but works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

There have been reports of some problems with the new firmware. There is a newer version about to be released apparently. Another week hopefully won't see any problems appear on mine.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=92737

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Can the k750i be bought in Holland? any idea what prices might be? can the phone be unlocked and flashed easily? My dad is heading off to amsterdam in a couple of days and i might ask him to pick me up one if the answers are favourable.

Sarn wrote:
    There have been reports of some problems with the new firmware. There is a newer version about to be released apparently. Another week hopefully won't see any problems appear on mine.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=92737

I think some people having problems with their Voda, O2, Orange etc branded phones. Mine is unbranded, speaker fix was what I was looking for as it was hard to hear outdoors. :) No problems so far.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I've tried the update service , but the applet wont load . I've updated from Java , allowed pop-ups and disabled firewall..

Any ideas ????

• Advertisement

Sharkman, where did it fail? I used with IE and all went smooth, downloaded some stuff but had a problem when it came to upgrade as the phone's flash wasn't there in XP. There are updated drivers some of the SE sites and you need to catch it quickly in Device Manager in Other devices as it only flashes there for few seconds. Once you catch it by right click choose update drivers and point to the location you downloaded them. It took me few times as I was looking under USB drivers but once I got it right all worked fine.

P.S I heard Sony might have pulled out the update from their site as they are bringing out another one. I managed to get mine updated and don't have any of the problems people are facing as in Ectaco forums :)

Still cant get it to work . Any other Ideas ????

Have you tried ectaco link Sarn sent few posts above? The thread is little messed up and big but there are many people with various problems there. There is a chance that there will be a new FW next week might work for you.
    Also try updating your java at http://www.java.com/ .

WTF , I've tried everything ...Updated Java , loaded drivers , The phone will sync with outlook ..

BUT the java console still wont pop-up .

PLease , for the love of God , can someone help ?

Sharkman, if I remember correct here what I did.
    -Go to the update site and click next until you download their update software.
    -It says leave the window open but I think I closed it and installed the update software.
    -Go to the update site again, it will check and find the update software and launch it (I think that is where the java comes in play). It will look like a windows app and will check your phone and show you the steps.
    -At this point you need to be sure that the extra bit of usb drivers installed and phones flash memory recognised.
    -If all goes well it will check for the updated firmware and download to your phone.

The only problem I had was trying to install the drivers for the flash memory as it took me few tries to catch it in the device manager. I think there will be a new software available soon. I am happy with mine so far and don't have the many of the problems people having in the other forums and I won't be updating it :) .

• Advertisement

Yep , done all that .

Just cant get the Java app to start up !

Anyone ?????

do you have the required Java plugin on your comp - there should be a list or requirements on the page somewhere, do you have everything needed?

BTW, has anyone who ordered off mobilerepair.de got their phone yet?

Tauren wrote:
    do you have the required Java plugin on your comp - there should be a list or requirements on the page somewhere, do you have everything needed?

BTW, has anyone who ordered off mobilerepair.de got their phone yet?

Yep . I've updated java .

Now hetting the following message :
    Error in communication with the device

Make sure you have removed the battery and reinserted it. Then try to start the device.
    If your device shows an error message or does not start at all, click Recovery Mode
    If your device behaves normally, click Start over.
    If the problem persists, please contact support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

YIPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just got the UPS tracking number from mobilerepair.de. Me phone is on it's way. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    How about you Winters???

Should have it before the weekend.
    I'll let ye know what the branding is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

Just got the UPS tracking number from mobilerepair.de. Me phone is on it's way. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    How about you Winters???

Should have it before the weekend.
    I'll let ye know what the branding is like.

Excellent, cheers!
    The guy did say it's the e-plus branding, but i'm not sure how they brand their phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

http://www.mobilerepair.de/catalog/

Seem to have raised their price.

http://shop.hoh.de/index.htm?handy_sonyericsson.htm?et_cid=10&et_lid=23

Here's a another german site that sells both E-plus and a non branded version.

with very little difference in cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Translated with babelfish from above german site.

SonyEricsson K750i, e-plus Branding

With e-plus Branding! Only when switching on short lighting up on of the e-plus Logos. To recognize otherwise nothing.

And what I've read on other threads(German) they only seem to brand them with their screen saver and pic's, unlike vodafone.

like meteor do then - not to shabby at all - i'll be orderig this phone in two weeks so.

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - well, i won't be getting the phone now so - not paying over €400 for it. €363 was a good price. DAMN IT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Just got the UPS tracking number from mobilerepair.de. Me phone is on it's way.
    How about you Winters???

Hummm ... still nothing yet. I cant remember what shipping method I went with though. If there is nothing by the end of the week I might send them another email to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

couple of germans selling on ebay for 350 incl del, had one shipped via dhl yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

Winters wrote:
    Hummm ... still nothing yet. I cant remember what shipping method I went with though. If there is nothing by the end of the week I might send them another email to check.
    I ordered mine on Monday (2 days ago) and I still have not heard anything at all. The order went through fine in paypal, but no confirmation of order and nothing in the orders sections of mobilerepair.de. How long does it usually take to get things moving with those guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

They were very busy for the last couple of weeks as they were off on holiday a while ago. I had a problem whereby the order didnt really 100% fully confirm on their site but the Paypal went though. They replyed to my email and told me that they had recieved my order and it was being shipped from their distributers. [sp?]

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

Thanks for the update. I emailed them yesterday but haven't heard anything back. I will give them a few days and see what happens I suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Excellent, cheers!
    The guy did say it's the e-plus branding, but i'm not sure how they brand their phones.

K750 debranding/flashing/language change is now available, but I don't think the branding is too bad on these ones anyway

how much does it cost to unlock/debrand/flash/language change the phone? My dad is going to holland for a week and might be able to pick me up one over there (if they are available over there) I would hope he can get a sim free one, but if its not expensive to unlock, debrand ect i might get a ready to go one, if they do that type of service in Holland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

mr wolfman does that type of thing too ;) for the right price :D

Cyrus wrote:

Beat me to it !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Well the beauty of the K750 is that you can do it using the cable that comes with the phone, instead of having to buy different cables, so you just purchase a credit for the online server

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote:
    the unlocking, debranding stuff?

Advertisement