Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

indeed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

www.pixmania.com have dropped their price to 375 EUR which isn't bad. I believe this is a non-branded phone. With delivery to Ireland, it works out at about €388.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭digiman

I think it would nearly be worth waiting untill it comes on the networks here. Would imagine it will be July, will be a lot cheaper as well, I know it will have all the vodafone branding but if it can be flashed thats not to much of a problem. Vodafone seem to be getting quicker at bringing out the new phones now as well. 6680 wasn't that long in coming out, although the s700i was pretty slow in coming out. I am only guessing but would imagine that they would be €229 - €249 on bill and an extra €100 on pay as you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

end of july at the earliest according to carphone warehouse yesterday. And thats for sim free orders, networked prob august.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

Ordered my phone from mobilerepair.de on Monday and havent heard a thing since. Mailed them twice, and nothing back. Has anyone been in contact with the site in the last few days? I have no confirmation of order except for the order going through on paypal. Any suggestions??

• Advertisement

i mailed them yesterday and got a reply today.

Incedently, they say the price has only gone up by €5, not €50 - saying i was prob not seeing the vat before. to the people who have bought it off mobilerepair.de, what was the price you paid (including vat)?

I paid 322euro inc Vat but not including delivery.

was the listed price on the site around 270? thats what it was for me before, now its listed at 322 not inc del.

try sending a mail direct to lj AT mobilerepair DOT de - its prob the exact same thing but i got a reply within 24hours when i mailed that.

Price was listed as 322, havent seen that 270 price at all. Thanks for the advice, just mailed them on that address.

• Advertisement

could anyone tell me if the K750i is available on a ready to go format in holland, and if it is, what is the average cost? my dad is heading to amsterdam on sunday and if they can e got fairly cheap on an RTG format i will get him to pick it up then i will flash it and unlock it when i get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Package Progress:

Date/
    Time Location Activity

24 Jun 2005
    6:26
    DUBLIN, IE
    OUT FOR DELIVERY :D:D:D:D:D:D
    22 Jun 2005
    0:51
    HERNE-BORNIG, DE :D:D:D
    ARRIVAL SCAN
    21 Jun 2005
    20:15
    HAMBURG, DE
    DEPARTURE SCAN
    19:59 HAMBURG, DE ORIGIN SCAN :D:D
    9:48 DE BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED :D

Guess I'll have my phone today.
    I'll take a few pics to show the branding.
    OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH...I can't wait. :D:D:D

Tauren wrote:
    could anyone tell me if the K750i is available on a ready to go format in holland, and if it is, what is the average cost? my dad is heading to amsterdam on sunday and if they can e got fairly cheap on an RTG format i will get him to pick it up then i will flash it and unlock it when i get it.

Had a look through a few Dutch moblie sites and none of them have it RTG.
    Only KPN had it on bill pay. Still too new to be out RTG IMO.
    The general selection of RTG phones was pretty crap on all networks.

what price ex. shipping did you pay for the phone?

Here's a summary of my order.......

Sub-Total: 309,99EUR
    United Parcel Service (XML) (1 pkg x 2 kgs total) (UPS Standard): 36,65EUR
    16% MwSt.: 42,76EUR
    Total: 346,64EUR

MY god, what happened to the postage costs? €80 is the cheapest on offer now!

are you in ireland? it tells me no shipping is available to the selected country (Ireland) and offers me UPS Worldwide Express at €141, UPS Exdpress Saver at €85 and UPS Express at €99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Tauren wrote:
    are you in ireland? it tells me no shipping is available to the selected country (Ireland) and offers me UPS Worldwide Express at €141, UPS Exdpress Saver at €85 and UPS Express at €99.

The default is actually selected for you as Standard, it's highlighted in white so it can be difficult to see - I wonder if they actually did this on purpose?!

ADSLUSER wrote:
    The default is actually selected for you as Standard, it's highlighted in white so it can be difficult to see - I wonder if they actually did this on purpose?!
    cheers, i had not noticed it at all! I couldn't read it even when i saw it till i highlighted it! might send them an email about that, a friendly one pointing out the problem, not a complaint.

Now the proud owner of a k750i. :D:D
    Just charging it now.
    As for the e-plus branding.
    Nothing on the phone itself all SE stickers/markings.
    Start up screen e-plus which can be changed.
    Wap and internet options on the main menu have e-plus settings but unlike the o2 k700i I have the icons themselves seem to have been left alone.

Oh and you get an english manual too,which I didn't with the k700i. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

That because they keep the good phones as contract phones and 99% of the time you get a free phone with a contract or you get the phone for very little.
    It's a pitty there's none of that over here, obviouslly there's money to be made as they have been doing it for years over there.

Jozi

Yeah I noticed that alright. Most upgrades or new connections had phones for €0.
    And they've coffee shops. Lucky gits.

Yeah I noticed that alright. Most upgrades or new connections had phones for €0.
    And they've coffee shops. Lucky gits.
    Lol yet my parents still decided to move from holland to ireland, but thats a different topic.
    Its a nice phone the k750 btw. if i could get one cheap enough i prob would but dont need a phone now

would there be any problem with getting a phone from holland and using it over here? i know i would have to get an adapter for the plug but would there be any other issues?

Tauren wrote:
    would there be any problem with getting a phone from holland and using it over here? i know i would have to get an adapter for the plug but would there be any other issues?
    I can use my irish phone over in holland, done it many times before with a dutch sim card.
    Had mates over and their phone worked over here so i cant see why it wouldnt work.

Jozi

cool - cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i got a fone before from http://www.mobilerepair.de but there really slow.has anyone else experienced that.it took over 2-3 weeks for me to get a fone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

So, I read the first 3 pages of this thread, and the last three.

Any further updates in the middle pages concerning a release date for Vodafone Ireland?

Taxman, how long did it take you to get the phone from ordering to delivery? I got a response from mobilerepair this morning, it will be another week before it is posted. Thats 2 weeks after I ordered it. The price is good, but the service is a bit slack, considering pixmania have one for a few euro's more I probably wouldnt go with mobilerepair again.

• Advertisement

Yeah it took mine around 3 weeks from the time I ordered it.
    Was told that the delay was due to the first lot crashing etc.
    When they got stock of the next lot,mine was in the post.
    No crashes so far. ;)
    They probably have a first come,first served kind of order list.
    I just stuck an order with them due to the price they offered at the time.
    Others are catching up alright on the price.
    At the time I was nearly saving €200 on prices quoted elsewhere.

Advertisement