Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SonyEricsson K750

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

Just thought I'd tell yas MobileBomber.de are doing the K750i for a little cheaper. Shipping is €20.
    I'll probably order my one of them this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

well, my dad is over in amsterdam right now, hopefully trying to pick me up a k750i,fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Anyone know any places that are based in canada, web iste that send there etc?
    I have a friend there for the next 3 weeks and he said he could bring one back for me.
    What kind off price should i be aiming at getting it for? cheapest site i've seen is about 340ish.
    (200 euro is about 300 canadia dollars)

Jozi

Does anyone know if the sony ericsson CST-60 charger can be bought in Dublin/Bray/Wicklow. Its not the old standard SE phone charger. My dad has hopefully got me the k750i phone in holland so it will come with an EU charger as opposed to a UK/Irish 3 pin plug. Due to the design of the charger (from pics i have seen) it will not fit in the standard 2pin to 3 pin adapters (square charger, round hole....) Can they be got, or possible an adapter that will work, or some other work-around? Please help!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Did he give you an idea of the price, as have friends over their that could pick it up if the price was right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Apologises for my complete lack of knowledge in this area - but what exactly happens you buy a phone sim free from abroad? Do you then just buy a sim card and a contract from Vodafone when your phone arrives?

I contacted Vodafone Ireland about a release date for the K750i and they said they had no information yet on when or IF the phone was going to be available here.

Branoic wrote:
    Apologises for my complete lack of knowledge in this area - but what exactly happens you buy a phone sim free from abroad? Do you then just buy a sim card and a contract from Vodafone when your phone arrives?

I contacted Vodafone Ireland about a release date for the K750i and they said they had no information yet on when or IF the phone was going to be available here.
    if you already have a sim card, you can just put it into it when the phone arrives. other wise you could just buy a sim pack from any of the networks and put it in.

Vodafone and Carphone warehouse both told me the phone is in testing and is expected around the end of July, begining of august

here is a pic of the offending charger....

f06_s.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Tauren wrote:
    Vodafone and Carphone warehouse both told me the phone is in testing and is expected around the end of July, begining of august

The end of july that is ages away (4 weeks) :) .
    By the time its finally available over here the W800i will be out in most other countries.
    Can some one please tell me why the Irish phone market is so bl00dy slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

because they are too busy ripping us off with older models. Adding newer ones would mean they have to drop the price of existing ones.

• Advertisement

Tauren wrote:
    Does anyone know if the sony ericsson CST-60 charger can be bought in Dublin/Bray/Wicklow. Its not the old standard SE phone charger. My dad has hopefully got me the k750i phone in holland so it will come with an EU charger as opposed to a UK/Irish 3 pin plug. Due to the design of the charger (from pics i have seen) it will not fit in the standard 2pin to 3 pin adapters (square charger, round hole....) Can they be got, or possible an adapter that will work, or some other work-around? Please help!!

If you have a Nokia charger this might be and idea seen them on ebay also.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/5400.htm

unfortunately, it is not compatable with the k750i.

Komplett sell a flat 2pin adapter so i wil prob order one of them at the weekend if i can't find one around town (although surely maplan or peates would sell them)

If all fails, i'll simply stick a biro in the top of the 3pin socket and shove the 2pin pug in!

Tauren wrote:
    unfortunately, it is not compatable with the k750i.

Komplett sell a flat 2pin adapter so i wil prob order one of them at the weekend if i can't find one around town (although surely maplan or peates would sell them)

If all fails, i'll simply stick a biro in the top of the 3pin socket and shove the 2pin pug in!

Here's a few mains chargers on Ebay.

http://phones.listings.ebay.ie/For-Sony-Ericsson_Chargers_W0QQfclZ3QQloglZ0QQsaatcZ99QQsacatZ68019QQsargnZsalicQQsascsZ2QQsocmdZListingItemList

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6409328879&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=68019&item=6408478363&rd=1

eXpansys Ireland

http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=122547

Oh also rang FM mobiles on camden st said they had a load of new ericson chargers in for 15 euro they must buy job lots said they'd have to see the phone first. Worth a call , here's their contact details.

http://www.fmmobiles.ie/contact_details.asp

You may have to revert to the biro short term. :)

happy days - my dad got the phone!! yipee, and more good news (for me) is that you can use the usb cable to charge the phone (takes longer) so i don't have to worry bout the charger in the imediate future!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

jozi wrote:
    Anyone know any places that are based in canada, web iste that send there etc?
    I have a friend there for the next 3 weeks and he said he could bring one back for me.
    What kind off price should i be aiming at getting it for? cheapest site i've seen is about 340ish.
    (200 euro is about 300 canadia dollars)

Jozi
    Anyone?

http://www.expansys.ca/ sell them, expensive though - €380 ex del.

OK, i need help with the updates - it just will not work. i have installed everything on my comp, i have downloaded the update but when it goes to actually update the phone it just does nothing. I get to the bit where it says to unplug the usb cable, turn the phone off, hold down the 'c' key and plug the usb back in. Nothing happens no matter how long i hold the 'c' button for. Should i turn off the pin request? any idea what the hell the problem is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Have you installed the USB update service driver? Read the instructions on how to install the driver. Some people have reported problems trying to install it.

Get it here.

As far as i know everything is installed - i no longer get told i need to install drivers when i hook the phone up, and i have been able to drag and drop stuff to the memory stick so i can't imagine its a problem with that.

Have you installed the driver?

It doesn't come on the CD in the box. You have to download it from the link I gave you or the update service won't work. The CD only includes the driver for the USB cable - not the USB update service.

• Advertisement

when i plug the phone in its not asking me to install any drivers though so its not actually giving me a chance to install anything. i have downloaded the file but i have no idea how to actually install it now though.

You have to
    Read the instructions on how to install the driver.
    because
    some people have reported problems trying to install it.

Here you go: (from SE Support Site)
    Sony Ericsson D750/K750/W800 Update Service USB driver
    Download and install the Update Service USB driver and you'll be able to use Update Service to update your phone's software via the USB cable.

Installation instructions
    1. Download the zip file to your computer. Remember where you put it.
    2. Unzip the file to a temporary folder.
    3. Turn off your phone.
    4. Connect the USB cable to the PC but not to the phone.
    5. Hold down the 'c'-key and connect your phone to the USB cable.
    6. This will start the Windows Found New hardware wizard that will be used during the installation.
    7. Follow the instructions in the wizard; choose to "Install from a list ..", then press "Next".
    8. Browse to the temporary folder created under step 2 above to point to the driver to install, then press "Next".
    9. When the driver is installed, press "Finish".

Point 5 is the crucial part for installing the update service driver. How's that for service. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Oops... sorry Phoenix. Didn't see your link. ;)

Well the K750i is in the new Carphone warehouse catalog (comeing soon),
    when I asked how soon, guy had'nt got a clue, thought i was on about the K700i. :mad:

they told me it would be the end of July when they would take orders on sim free versions.

You have to because

Here you go: (from SE Support Site)

Point 5 is the crucial part for installing the update service driver. How's that for service. :)
    I'll try it on my laptop tonight cause i have none of the S/W installed on that so i can start from scratch - fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Tauren wrote:
    I'll try it on my laptop tonight cause i have none of the S/W installed on that so i can start from scratch - fingers crossed.

I'm sure you probably know this but when they ask you to hold down the 'c' key it's the one on your phone as opposed to the one on your computer keyboard. I mistakenly held down 'c' on my keyboard for ages :o , as soon as I switched, hey presto!

LOL, is the phone supposed to start up differently when you hold down the 'C' key (on the phone:D) or just go to sim request like normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Tauren wrote:
    LOL, is the phone supposed to start up differently when you hold down the 'C' key (on the phone:D) or just go to sim request like normal?

I don't actually remember, I've two pins on mine and they didn't interfere with the detection, I was so overjoyed at windows finally recognising it as a flash device. In the end I never went through with the update as my phone works fine (viewing pics is a bit slow). Waiting for a new improved firmware rather than lose video quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Tauren wrote:
    they told me it would be the end of July when they would take orders on sim free versions.
    and they will probably be charging around €500 each, when you can buy them online for around €350 - €400.
    plus the W800i is out soon so the K750i price should drop a little around then

Advertisement