Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Pissed Off with Eircom!!!

• 31-03-2005 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

3 and a half weeks ago I called Eircom to ask for a line test on my phone line which had been installed about a month previously, I was told I'd have the results back in about a week. So here I am 3 and a half weeks, 3 phone calls and one stopping-an-Eircom-engineer-in-the-street incident, and still no line test. Now I'm pissed off because not only am I stuck on costly dialup, I am going to miss out on my free trial (unless there are any more extensions which I'm tols there won't be).

Every time I call them, I'm told that the test results are not back and I should wait another couple of days. WELL I'M SICK OF WAITING!

Does anybody know any more avenues I can go down to get this done? (By the way the engineer I spoke to said he'd check it out for me but I heard nothing back from him either)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

i thought they test all the new lines every tuesday?
    thats what the guy told me and sure enough next wednesday it passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

3 and a half weeks for a line test? What sort of test are they performing..? I can perform a line test to see if there are problems with broadband in 5 minutes. I smell bull****. Call and ask to speak to a supervisor or manager.. Tell them you refuse to wait any longer as 3 and a half weeks is unacceptable. Keep pressing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

moshpit77 wrote:
    Does anybody know any more avenues I can go down to get this done? (By the way the engineer I spoke to said he'd check it out for me but I heard nothing back from him either)

It took me three or four weeks and seven phone calls before I got through to somebody with enough clue to figure out my (brand new) exchange wasn't broadband enabled in the first place. Since then I avoid confusion by asking straight out "when will the exchange be upgraded", not "when will my line be tested"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 The One

moshpit77 wrote:
    Now I'm pissed off because not only am I stuck on costly dialup, I am going to miss out on my free trial

Exactly what u said there is the reason you havn't gotten the test yet.
    With my fathers company, it took them 6 months as they made excuses saying they that it needed to be a business package and more bs.. when it was just for his office not the big whole company interconnected.
    The real reason they wouldn't give BB to him was that he was paying way way more then he would for bb as he was using eircoms isdn.
    After bugging them for 6months+ he eventually got the normal home starter bb pack, so yes that business pack thing they said u must get was a loada BS

They are money greedy lying fcuks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I left eircom years ago havent looked back since. I think their days are numbered! Try go with some one else if you can you will only end up regret ever dealing with them I do!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

join the club eircon sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

they told me lines are tested every month :rolleyes: there full of crap and dont have a clue about what there saying, I almost laughed at the last guy I talked to at eircoms bb department, spouting complete BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I wouldn't trust eircom with my mouse! They tried adding charges to my "Free" trial when I tried it and in the end I just sent their feckin' modem back to them and got NTL. Speed's are still a little slower than the rest but at 1.5MB there at least isn't any enforced cap or hidden charges!

Advertisement