Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ice Cream Vans

• 31-03-2005 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

They're back :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Whats with the mad face?
    I love ice cream vans,theres nothing that cheers me up more than hearing that cheery tune while walking through freshly cut grass on a nice summers evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

They never went away!!! Fe.c.king hate them!!! That music is just plain evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

our local ice-cream van plays the barney song!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Mine never went away. He actually came around St. Stephen's day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

:eek: You serious? Kinda reminds me of Santa in a way. Maybe he aspires to be Santa, but with frozen delicacies instead of selection boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

GaRtH_V wrote:
    I love ice cream vans,theres nothing that cheers me up more than hearing that cheery tune while walking through freshly cut grass on a nice summers evening!
    No, that would be the marijuana.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My Dad's friends used to drive an icecream van when they were in college. Apparently it's a really boring job, so what he'd do was he'd drive reeeeeeeeally slowly through an estate, gathering all the little children around his van, and then he'd suddenly drive off really fast. I think he got fired forit when he was found out, but the idea of it makes me laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Our local van has been going since January! Every evening 7pm - like clock work.

mmmmm whipped ice-cream from a complete stranger in a van.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

Yeah they never went away. One comes around my road twice a day at the weekends. Just incase you were out at mass and you missed him the first time. I remember the good old days when you could buy a loosie (1 cigarette) for about 5p from our icecream man. And he would even give you a bit of brown of the matchbox and two matches. I was only about 10 at them time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Ice-cream vans are magic. When I was a kid I used to think that 'mind that child' was the name of an ice-cream. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

mine too i hate the bastard, every saturday morning rain hail sleet or shine abd you hear him coming for ****ing ages... really bothers me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm surprised they dont have polyphonic ice cream vans yet.....

imagine.... Crazy Frog being blasted around your estate... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm convinced mine is selling drugs to kids. Why the hell else would you be driving an ice cream van around when it's pitch black and starting to snow? Seriously, this guy has been going constantly all year round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

i've only realised now since moving to the sticks i havnt seen sight nor sound of one!

while growing up in "the blanch" they came around every evening and every 30mins on wknds. i never really understood why they concentrated on our area because there was no such thing as discresionary income then(talking late 80's/early 90's). in the summer there was sometimes two on the road at the same time! i'd say if i was bought an ice-cream for every 100th time the ice-cream van paid a visit i was lucky a boy (although i would of asked every one of the hundred times).

our thing was to hitch onto the back bumper while on skates or a skateboard, 30mph is fairly fast when you fall off a skateboard wearing only shorts and a t-shirt, plenty of tears and plasters later i was back at it again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I love them. Never use them, but they draw all of the kids away to one place. That's kinda nice to get a bit of peace and quiet (shouting) for a while, even if it's replaced by a badly done A-Team theme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Ice-cream vans gota love em. havnt used them in years but cant hate.

Last week i saw an ice cream man who had to deal with a drunk man. The drunk man lyed down in front of the van and then tried to punch him but he rolled up his window and drove off playing his song "who afaid of the big bad wolf" :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

The ones that don't go away are selling drugs!!
    they pee in buckets and dont wash their hands!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

whiskeyman wrote:
    I'm surprised they dont have polyphonic ice cream vans yet.....

LMAO :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

whiskeyman wrote:

Dear god, we'd have to start a "ban the ice cream van" campaign!! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Have that oul' Mary Coughlan song in my head now - cheers. Suppose it's better than Barney...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

ClareBear wrote:
    They never went away!!! Fe.c.king hate them!!! That music is just plain evil.

I hate them too, would it kill them to change the music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

*Angel* wrote:
    I hate them too, would it kill them to change the music?

Would the 98FM secret sound theme be an improvement? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

Fishie wrote:
    so what he'd do was he'd drive reeeeeeeeally slowly through an estate, gathering all the little children around his van, and then he'd suddenly drive off really fast. I think he got fired forit when he was found out, but the idea of it makes me laugh

LOL thats the funniest thing I've heard all day, that would be hilarious to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

mine plays the match of the day tune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

the guy who drived the ice cream van round by me knocked a kid down! thats how evil they are!! lol

Advertisement