Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Folder contents synchronisation

• 31-03-2005 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Is there any way for me to synchronise 2 folders so that when I change the files in the first folder the second folders files are changed automatically?

Also, is it possible for me to only synchronise between different files. In my case I am working with java and I have to keep copying the .class files from one folder into another so I can test. So I only copy across the .class files and leave the .java ones.(for working with tomcat). Basically the first folder has .java and .class files and the second only has .class files.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it correctly but any help you can give would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

not afaik
    robocopy run at intervals perhaps
    or a shortcut to a batch file that xcopy 's them

there is a folder synch feature in windows server but it's only for login scripts and not really suitable for large folders/files and copies all files

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

this free tool might be worth a look. http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

thanks for that greglo23

that should save me a ton of copy and pastes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

doesn's seem to copy for me.

i tried a test folder to another location and it says copy completed but 0 files copied?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

A hard link would do this on a UNIX. Apparently, NT derivatives have a hard link function, tho it's not talked about much. That might be helpful..

• Advertisement
Advertisement