Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cisse !!! Could be back this season

• 31-03-2005 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

I was absolutely amazed to read this today , after the terrible break he did to his leg, Djibril Cisse may play a part in Liverpools season ...

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N148317050331-1226.htm

He certainly seems a very positive person and has a strong will and determination , how he is back Training already I'm amazed !!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I saw this today as well, was astonished - it says a lot about him.

but

his game was based on his physique, even coming back this season may mean very little TBH if he's not a top level physically. And what's more he may never make it back to that level.

Alonso back in full training within a day or two, apparently. :D best news I've had all day TBH ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

great news, now he can score the winner in the european cup final :D:D
    seriously though even if he could get the last few mins of the last game of the season, let him get a good reception. it would be great for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Of course that means he could face Ireland !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Rafa has sense he'll resist the temptation to play him in anything other than a few training sessions. I'd hate to see him tweak something cos he came back too soon.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

At least he will have a few months to regain his fitness before the start of next season!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Thats amazing considering the nature of his injury, and alonso back as well. Hopefully they will get back to full fitness soon but I would imagine it will be next season before we see the best of them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Another Houllier waste of money. €14m.

they paid too much for him. good player but not worth anywhere near 14m.

Applehunter how did you get in here!?

Mike.

what do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Another Houllier waste of money. €14m.

they paid too much for him. good player but not worth anywhere near 14m.
    We'll have to wait and see but I think its he'll be as good, if not better than Drogba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Its wrong to claim he has been a waste of money just yet he had an horrific injury early into his liverpool career he needs time to be able to prove how good/bad he is.

At the time they were saying it was a career threatning injury. Id give him the season off and wait till next season. Dont risk the 14m.

I dont think its worth the risk. Baros and Morientes can play in the premiership. He surely wouldnt be match fit for Juventus.

what do you mean?

I mean your relentless carping about Liverpool, Cisse, as pointed out above has barely had the chance to shine and its not like Houllier went out with a bat and broke the lads leg!

I find your posts just annoying to be honest. I know you're a disillusioned
    ex-Red but just cos you could'nt keep the faith dont use every oppotunity going to downgrade Liverpool and its servants.

Rant over...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I am actually shocked that Cisse is back training. Celtic could do with a few tips. John Kennedy was tackled in his debut for Scotland last March (2004), I don't know exactly what the injury was but he's not expected back until Christmas this year. Thats almost 2 years. Shaun Maloney injured his knee bloody ages ago and hasn't started for the first team since.

mike65 wrote:
    I mean your relentless carping about Liverpool, Cisse, as pointed out above has barely had the chance to shine and its not like Houllier went out with a bat and broke the lads leg!

ex-Red but just cos you could'nt keep the faith dont use every oppotunity going to downgrade Liverpool and its servants.

Rant over...

Mike.

ok, yeah i was doing that a lot.

I'm calming down now with all that stuff though. I hope Liverpool can get it together for Benithez. I still have a place in my heart for Liverpool, just not as big as before.

The Houllier reign of spending still gets to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

The meaning of being a football supporter has been lost amongst people!
    You support your fav team through good and bad or your not a supporter at all!

The meaning of being a football supporter has been lost amongst people!
    You support your fav team through good and bad or your not a supporter at all!

Have you read Fever Pitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Have you read Fever Pitch?

i haven't
    i assume its a book about how its ok to only support a team when they do well though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Dont read it, the ending is a horrible event that I have finally erased from my memory banks. EVERY 'pool fan should avoid Fever Pitch (though its message of always supporting your team is a good one).

As for the hear and now, we need to beat Bolton tomorrow and hope WBA do us a favour on sunday (doubt it though, they're muck).

Cisse shouldn't be risked before the end of the season and its too early to jusge him because he never really got that much of a chance to show us what he can do. Him and Baros up front is a disater though, and I reckon he'd be better with El Moro as both are not as (head down) selfish as Baros (who'll leave in the summer I reckon)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

BolBill wrote:
    Dont read it, the ending is a horrible event that I have finally erased from my memory banks. EVERY 'pool fan should avoid Fever Pitch (though its message of always supporting your team is a good one).

I enjoyed the book, gave me a perspective on some important things for a 'pool fan to know about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

<ML King> I have a dream! I have seen the promised land! Cisse will score the winning goal for the Reds in the European Cup final! </ML King>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Fair play to Bannor - he said ages ago that Cisse would be back before the end of the season. Unfortunately we could do with him now rather then in a months time when Baros will have finished his suspension and Morientes will have fully recovered. Any port in a storm however :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

mike65 wrote:

Rant over...

Mike.

10er bets if liverpool do well next season his "love" for the club will suddenly come rushing back. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

<ML King> I have a dream! I have seen the promised land! Cisse will score the winning goal for the Reds in the European Cup final! </ML King>

The dream's still alive you know.......

Advertisement