Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chartbusters 2 for 2 nights no more. Help!

• 31-03-2005 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Chartbusters have suddenly stopped their 2 for 2 nights rental. So now instead of getting 2 DVDS for 2 nights for €8, you can only get 2 DVDS for 1 night for €9.50. :mad:
    This is a bloody disgrace. Im hoping that by posting this some of you might feel the same way and take the time to send them an email (info@chartbusters.ie) or give them a call (01 2959777). If you call just be aware that their “preferred method of contact” is by email only so the most you can do is leave a message :eek: . That in itself is a bloody joke.
    I wrote the following email in a fit of rage, so maybe some of you could do better!!
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I have just arrived home after visiting my local Chartbusters store on Talbot Street.

I am a member of this store and rent at least 2-4 DVDs a week and have done so consistently over the past 18 months.

I cannot tell you how outraged I was when the cashier told me that you have suddenly stopped your 2 for 2 nights rental. I honestly cannot fathom why you would do such a thing.

I can tell you however that I promptly cancelled my order and left the store feeling completely let down. I have given you so much during my membership and in return, out of the blue, you not only discontinue the 2 night rental but as a result now the rental price is even more expensive.

I am now sitting here without the DVDs that I wanted because I refuse to lay down to such a sudden and negatively impacting change in your policy.

I am writing this mail to give you an opportunity before I take any action, to make a response that would explain why the sudden change in policy and why the complete disregard for your current loyal customers like myself.

If I don’t hear from you before the end of tomorrow (Friday), I will cancel my membership. I am now actively seeking another rental store, and with the abundance of stores both online on the internet and regular stores it wont be too hard to find.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

If I here anything back form them ill post it here straight away.

Thanks for your support. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Well in carlow they are still doing it i rented out 2 movies on tues for 2 nights for 8 euro, even if they do get rid of this its still cheaper than xtra vision where the prices of a one night rental are 5.25 for a new release and 2.50 for any old movies also chartbusters still have 3 old movies for 3 nights for a fiver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Um... it was a special offer. It ended. They were only doing it because Xtra-Vision had been doing it and XV stopped it also. The way I see it you were getting a discount before, now the offer's ended and they're asking you to pay the real price.

}:>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

God Bless Chartbusters here in Sligo!

2 DVD's for 2 Nights for €6! Can't beat that and still going as far as i know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Same here in cork afaik, 2 "world cinema" releases for 6 eurons for two nights :D
    the only close place i can rent foreign films. >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

the only close place i can rent foreign films. >
    Have they stopped renting them out in Vibes'n'scribes then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

sceptre wrote:
    Have they stopped renting them out in Vibes'n'scribes then?
    Nope they still have a pretty decent selection in vibes, buts it a real pain in the ass (for me) to get into town to drop them back as i dont drive.

well.that is to say im pretty lazy..

Chartbusters have a reasonably respectable selection at the moment anyway, so theres less reason for me to try to get into town before 6:30 to get a film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

imp wrote:
    Um... it was a special offer. It ended. They were only doing it because Xtra-Vision had been doing it and XV stopped it also. The way I see it you were getting a discount before, now the offer's ended and they're asking you to pay the real price.

}:>
    Imp!

I respect what you are saying and tbh id usually say the same thing myself however...

Theres a difference between a "special offer" and something that has been going on for the duration of my membership (i think about 18 months).
    This is something that myself and the customers of this store have become very accustomed to. It would be blind of us to think that they were doing us "a favour" with this promotion. They were making money and it was working.

The bottom line is you used to be able to rent 2 new releases for 2 nights for €8. It now costs €19. No matter what you say, this is wrong and I guarantee you they will change back in a matter of time.
    The change of policy was probably the result of one single pen pushing marketing exec who obviously hasnt a clue what they were doing.

Anyhow, they never responded to my voicemail or email which goes to show you the kind of company they are.

That is all. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Philbert wrote:
    Imp!

I respect what you are saying and tbh id usually say the same thing myself however...

Theres a difference between a "special offer" and something that has been going on for the duration of my membership (i think about 18 months).
    This is something that myself and the customers of this store have become very accustomed to. It would be blind of us to think that they were doing us "a favour" with this promotion. They were making money and it was working.

The bottom line is you used to be able to rent 2 new releases for 2 nights for €8. It now costs €19. No matter what you say, this is wrong and I guarantee you they will change back in a matter of time.
    The change of policy was probably the result of one single pen pushing marketing exec who obviously hasnt a clue what they were doing.

Anyhow, they never responded to my voicemail or email which goes to show you the kind of company they are.

It now costs €19

why would you need 2 films for 2 night how about
    1. 1 film 1 night = €4.75
    2. 1 film 1 night = €4.75

1. + 2. = €10.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

1. + 2. = €10.50
    You sure that Math's is right? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

1. + 2. = €10.50
    The 2 for 2 nights rental was for people who wanted to buy two dvds and have two nights to watch them without havin to bring them back the next day. Your maths is slightly incorrect (€4.75 * 2 = €9.50) but the point is youd have to make two visits to the store.
    Its €19 otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Jerryc

Here's your solution.

Join Pigsback.com {takes 20 minutes}
    Join the Xtra-vision page {from pigsback.com}

Now, go to movies section. Click on voucher {2 for the price of 1}.
    You're only allowed to use the voucher once,

BUT,

if you copy the voucher while on screen and paste it into MS word, you can print it off as many times as you like!

The offer is only available Monday to Friday.
    It covers games, dvds & videos.

So, now you can get 2 movies for 2 nights for €5.25

Try it out!
    Tell your friends!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Philbert wrote:
    Imp!

Dude i worked there for four years and your hittin the nail bang on the head to what a bunch of idiots and f*cking morons they are as a company! Moment i left and got another job and saw how staff can be treated more properly and thus in turn customers i realised even more how shoddy they are.

When a 2 for 2 nites offer starts it increases the work load big time particularly on a monday and tues, as sat and sun are busiest days of the week and when u think of all the vids and dvds that go out they all come back on the mon and tues respectively,what that basically means is all those dvds and vids have to be taken out back, arranged, organised and put in vaulting order to be placed back in the storage vault again.

Now this can be fine at the wkend when theres adequate staff on (but ill tink ul find that some staff wouldnt even qualify as adequate) but being the tight wads that they are up in the head office, where all the gits who havent worked behind the counter are, only allocate X amount of hours to a branch per week! Thus meaning that even tho workload has gone up staff hours/pay hasnt gone up! They just dont have a clue bunch of cowboys paying peanuts to monkeys and expecting employee morale and customer satisfaction. BOLLOX!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Now this can be fine at the wkend when theres adequate staff on (but ill tink ul find that some staff wouldnt even qualify as adequate) but being the tight wads that they are up in the head office, where all the gits who havent worked behind the counter are, only allocate X amount of hours to a branch per week! Thus meaning that even tho workload has gone up staff hours/pay hasnt gone up! They just dont have a clue bunch of cowboys paying peanuts to monkeys and expecting employee morale and customer satisfaction. BOLLOX!!

preach it man, i work in xtra-vision, i come from working in bars since i was 15 so its a handy job from that perspective but the management are complete arsewipes. they dont give a ****e about staff or customers, its all about lining their own pockets.

our own manager allocates himself about 60 hours a week and gives fe€k all to us, their business ethic is 1of the worst ive seen, they have a huge profit margin but cut back on something or other every week.

believe me you will only get a special offer when it benefits them more then it benefits the customer.

Advertisement