Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting Something That.....

Options
  • 31-03-2005 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

....Has Already Been Posted Before

Why do people on here always start ranting at people about posting threads that have already been posted before. I dont see the point considering nearly every topic in the world has been covered here about 10 times over. :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Why not just add to an existing thread instead of starting a new one and having everyone read the same old crap over again? (Which, btw, is why people moan about these things - because they've been done to death and new threads are just a waste of space)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Not your space though ;)

Some places have a system in place. If the topic title already exists when someone makes a post its automatically merged. That said it really doesn't bother me as long as the same thread isn't on the same page listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

ye but why would it bother anyone, just dont look at it its as simple as that, the thing is though people get banned for this which in my opinion is stupid, because i bet you any amount of money that everyone here has done it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its certainly annoying when someone posts up a thread, and there is already a thread on the same topic on the same forum.
    otherwise, i dont see why it would be a proble,
    after all, it will be different people with different opinions having a discussion.
    i cant see why people get all excited and complain about threads 'that have been discussed a million times before'.
    some people are just intolerant.
    ignore them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Well it's either "this has been posted before" or "stop dragging up old posts"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think it's just that *some* of the old timers think it's funny to slap about the n00bs. Then other posters wanting to prove that they're no longer n00bs start slapping about the posters that are newer than them. It's self-perpetuating and silly, but then again, so is our race ;o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Why do people on here always start ranting at people about posting threads that have already been posted before. I dont see the point considering nearly every topic in the world has been covered here about 10 times over. :)

OLD!!!!!!!!!!!

timeline.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

ffs has this not been posted before :)

me personally i dont mind it at all as long as its not like within 10 mins of each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

L5 wrote:
    OLD!!!!!!!!!!!

timeline.gif
    :D:D:D:D:D
    timeline8vy.gif

i can see if people get annoyed if its posted on the same page of threads but FFS if its not just let it ride ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

fnar!

Advertisement