Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor tax renewal form

Options
  • 31-03-2005 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

I searched the revenue.ie site & can't find the Motor Tax renewal form to download...I'm sure I've downloaded it before. Anyone have a link?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I presume you haven't taxed the car yourself before - otherwise you would have received a renewal form by post?

A Garda station will have the generic renewal form if that's any good to you - maybe someone here can post the name of the form?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Councils collect motortax, the revenue have nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

eoin_s wrote:
    I presume you haven't taxed the car yourself before - otherwise you would have received a renewal form by post?

A Garda station will have the generic renewal form if that's any good to you - maybe someone here can post the name of the form?

I have ...it's been off the road for a while, thus require form for gardaí to stamp.

Victor wrote:
    Councils collect motortax, the revenue have nothing to do with it.

Cheers...slipped the ole head that did!

Alun wrote:

Cheers a mil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 happyhippie

I hadn't taxed my car for two months 'cos it was off the road (had an accident)

When I went to get the tax form stamped by the gardai they told me I needed to prove that it hadnt been in use??? How the hell do I do that? Show them my bus tickets?

Did you use another vehicle? If so did you transfer your insurance?

Try the ole smile at the garda with puppy dog honesty eyes...worked for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i thought you could now tax it online...??

Scruff wrote:
    i thought you could now tax it online...??

If it's been off the road & you tax online, you'll pay the back tax too afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭TT&TO

have to recommend taxing your car online - all you need is the pin no from the renewal form sent to you, you insurance policy no. and your credit/laser card details - five days later; tax disc arrives! no queuing; no taking off afternoon off work just to update tax - brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The OP said that it has been off the road for a while. Under these circumstances then it cannot be renewed online as the pin expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I hadn't taxed my car for two months 'cos it was off the road (had an accident)
    ?

Show them the bill from the garage.

Either that or go back to the station and just get a different gard on the desk.

Advertisement