Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know the music from these two ads?

Options
  • 31-03-2005 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

1) Ireland.ie tourism ad. Sounds like a xylophone playing?

2) Latest RTE sports ad. Has a 'Notwist' kind of feel to it.

(both pieces are instrumental).

Any hints/suggestions/answers gratefully recieved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

2) If you mean the "Football in April" one, then it's M.I.A. - 10 Dollar from the album "Arular"
    If you mean another one, it could be from Mylo's "Destroy Rock & Roll" album. They've been using loads from that album on their ads. Maybe "Paris Four Hundred" or "Drop The Pressure"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The RTE sport ad I'm enquiring about has the tagline "Free to all, free to air".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

woooh for M.I.A.
    the free to air one sounds an awful lot like the theme tune to Six Feet Under. it's not the same, but could have been composed by the same guy (thomas somebody.. newman? something like that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

Pigman II wrote:
    1) Ireland.ie tourism ad. Sounds like a xylophone playing?

I think I have seen it and I think it could be Hans Zimmer, try getting the theme to 'True Romance' and have a listen, very similar.
    I think it was also used as a Sunday Indo add about 10 years ago.

Then again I could be way off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

does anyone know the music for some jeep, maybe hyundai or something and its going through a forest and its like "all i want is to be with you". has a kind of choir feel to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

por wrote:
    I think I have seen it and I think it could be Hans Zimmer, try getting the theme to 'True Romance' and have a listen, very similar.
    I think it was also used as a Sunday Indo add about 10 years ago.

Then again I could be way off

Por, I checked 'track 1' here:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000042N2/102-1819949-6578527?v=glance

Is that the tune you mention? If so then it's not the one I'm after.

Actually whilst were on it, that track1 sounds a lot like the main theme from Badlands. Probably a deliberate homage as True Romance is quite similar to Badlands anyway.

Anyway, back on topic, does anyone else have an idea what the tune I'm still looking for is called?

Advertisement