Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Speeds Upgrade April 8th

• 31-03-2005 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Just got this email from digiweb.

Hi Stephen,

Yes we are. On the 8th of April an upgrade will take place that automatically changes your 1MB service to a 3MB service. Price and contention ratio will remain the same.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Technical Support Agent, Digiweb Ltd.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Is that ADSL or Wireless??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

ADSL I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Digiweb boosts broadband to 4Mbps

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single4611

30.03.2005 - Not to be outdone by recent increases in DSL services to 2Mbps, Digiweb has revealed that all new and existing residential and business DSL customers will see their broadband download speeds increased — in some cases to 4Mbps.
    The company said that the increase will bring download speeds broadly in line with European and global standards.

Under the changes Digiweb customers currently on the 512Kbps product will be increased to at least 1Mbps, while some services will be increased by up to 4Mbps.

Commenting on the increases Digiweb’s managing director Colm Piercy said: “This is part of a range of new products and product enhancements that Digiweb will be bringing to the Irish marketplace over the coming months.

“Continuing throughout 2005 we will redefine broadband in Ireland and what it means to both the residential and business communities, it is a very exciting time at Digiweb and for Ireland’s information society,” Piercy said.

Digiweb has set itself the objective of deploying 100pc broadband coverage across Ireland through a fusion of fixed, wireless and satellite broadband services. Last September, the company revealed that it is constructing Ireland’s first WiMax-ready network with plans to cover 50pc of the country by early 2005.

WiMax, which is capable of sending data over a range of 30 miles with data transfer speeds of up to 70Mbps, is currently among the new technologies being evaluated by the Forward Looking Programme of the Commission for Communications Regulation. The technology is being viewed as a potential solution to Ireland’s continuing broadband woes and as a mechanism for bypassing the country’s decaying PSTN network.

By John Kennedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Ya its ASDL alright!!
    Cant bloody wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Good to see companies willing to try new technologies, like WiMax above, to break free of Eircom's monopoly of the majority of "last miles" in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Man this is cool....I am getting sick of 52k/sec d/ls. The 1MB service would have cost be what 89/month when i signed up for the basic 512k service. What a nice surprise to get 1MB for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

ya but if you had the 1mb service now you would have a 3mb
    thats double cant go wrong there and wit no bloody download cap!
    and as for the complaining iv heard on this board about digiwebs
    service been crap....it aint been like that in a long time
    bittorrent is ok irc is ok p2p is ok so 3mb`s cant wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

Nice....3MB for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

I guess that Digiweb will upgrade all @ midnight on April 6th - I just got this E-mail from them:

Dear Valued Customer,

Following continued expansion and enhancement of our product range I am delighted to write to you to let you know that from April 4th 2005 you will receive an upgrade of your DSL broadband service from Digiweb FREE OF CHARGE. Upgrades will occur automatically and specific details for your service are listed in the table below:

Product Old Speed (kbit/s) New Speed (kbit/s) Traffic Allowance
    HomeJet 512k / 128k 1024k / 128k 10,000MB
    BizJet 512k / 128k 2048k / 128k 20,000MB
    BizJet Enhanced 1024k / 256k 3072k* / 256k No Limit†
    BizJet Enterprise 2048k / 256k 4096k* / 256k No Limit†
    * Rate Adaptive; † Subject to Fair Access Policy

All upgrades will occur by midnight 6th April and no action is required by you however it may be necessary to power cycle your modem for the change to take effect. Digiweb are committed to offering our customers the best value broadband service in Ireland and we value any feedback or comments you would like to offer. Please do not hesitate to contact us on Lo-Call 1890 940 400 or email us at feedback@digiweb.ie

Kind Regards,
    xxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 holden

well, i guess i had my upgrade already... sometime during saturday my download speed increased to around 350k from 110 before for roughly an hour. it went back to normal after than but as of last night is appears i am running on 3mbit.
    it's still a bit flaky but then again i didn't restart my router yet, so that might have to do something with it.
    didn't run irishisptest.com either but as i said i hit around 350kb/s from a 1gbit .se connection. if it stays that way i sure ain't complaining. :)

peace,
    h.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I've got the digiweb homejet account and my speed is increased this morning.

Wicklow exchange

yea, forgot to add... i am on the dennehy's cross exchange in cork. can anyone else on that exchange confirm the speed upgrades? it still seemed a bit unstable ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

im on Dennehys Cross :-) , but on eircom, with rocking 1.78MBps speeds :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I'm on Digiweb Homejet (Whitehall exchange). No service at all since friday afternoon. Rang them this morning they say it's a line fault (just DSL as phone works fine) and they've contacted Eircom. Am I in for a long wait?? Tech support answered straight away and seemed to be very helpful (I'll still be moving to SMART though if/when the phone numbers issue is sorted).

Boards seems slow today and their clock is still an hour behind!

digiweb have always been very quick at trying to resolve matters when i had issues. might be that eircom are not the fastest in supporting competitors tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Use one of the other threads on either the bandwidth upgrade or specific digiweb outages, this is just needlessly duplicating stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement