Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got DirectShow experience?

Options
  • 31-03-2005 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you need the DirectShow SDK installed to register (regsvr32) a custom filter (activeX "*.ax")?

I've developed it from the ezRGB24 sample code in the SDK and succesfully registered it my 2 PC's at home (both with VS2003 + DirectX SDKs). However, when I try to register it on another WinXP PC in college I get something like "LoadLibrary("filter.ax") Failed - Could not find specified module". That PC has niether VS2003 or the SDK.

I'd like to find away around this dependancy but it's not crucial. What I'd really like to know is if this is my actual problem. Because I need to register my filter on the college PC.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I've been looking into using some managed Direct3D, I don't know anything about DirectShow or developing filters but if you use .Net code to do it then I'd guess you might need to make sure you've the .Net runtime and DirectX 9c installed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

The computer in question has 9.0c and .NET framework installed.

DirectShow does not fully support .NET yet. Apparently for performance reasons. I think it's something to do with the way .NET moves memory around. Also all the sample code is still in C++ (with the lovely COM). Actually, the DShow samples, documentation etc. have been removed from the main DirectX SDK. Which is a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I used a microsoft visual studio utility called depends.exe to help find the dependancies. It turned out I needed msjava.dll and a debug version of another.

Just incase anyones interested.

Advertisement