Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold fear , Snowblind...anyone played them?

Options
  • 31-03-2005 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Need new FPS game these look half decentish.

Anyone got them.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Haven't played them, but CF is meant to be crap, Snoblind is meant to be good, better than Killzone/GoldeneyeRA!

Have a look for Timesplitters3 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TS3 rocks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Yay, I hope it does! I might crack open TS2 for old times sake soon!

Or maybe even PD! *cries a tear of reminisence*

I hope EA didn't feck up TS3 though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

You must have Timesplitters 3. Any game with Shaun of the Dead references in it is great in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Got 'Cold Fear' on Play.com if their Easter sale for £15, hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully it's decent enough, reviews are kinda in the 6-7 outta 10 range, but for the price I'm not gonna complain. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

If im talking about the right game here, isnt Cold Fear a sort of Survival Horror game based on that ship? If so looks good in my books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yep, thats Cold Fear! Looks good, might pick it up myself.

Not played TS3, but watched a friend play it, looks brilliant.

Snowblind is useless.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

I played COld fear in th store, its good fun looks very nice also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Cold fear on PC is fekkin scary kb not helping but jesus its very well made its like res Evil on a boat but with faster enemies ;)

Very scary game with some nice setpeices.
    Just after finding Lanseng body parts, sweet jesus that thing skeered the heebies jeebies outta me

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Bought Cold Fear and enjoyed it. Get's very good during the second half, though I felt the plot could have been expnded on, while one or two story threads seemed unnecessary.

It's quite satisfying to play however and I don't feel any disappointment about purchasing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

seen cold fear on a games show on sci-fi channel, looks pretty good.scary

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Its not an FPS though is it? Or am I wrong, Thought it was third person stylee with survival horror.
    If you want FPS, get three-in-one and buy doom 3 collector's edition. That'll give you plenty to shoot AND scare the ****ing bollox off ya!! (comes with Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 for all your nostalgic needs) Average rating so far has 90+, 92% i reckon.
    (and no, i don't work for ID - i wish tho)

Doom 3 is so last year :D

Cold fear is res evil on a boat, exceptionally gory.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Doom 3 is so last year :D

Not for those of us with toasters for PCs but a big green box in the shape of an X for our only source of gaming comfort, sniff sniff.

On the topic though, I would happily play through cold fear at least for a taste of something slightly different, supposedly the boat keeps rocking while your playing and stuff - that would make things very interesting.

On the topic though, I would happily play through cold fear at least for a taste of something slightly different, supposedly the boat keeps rocking while your playing and stuff - that would make things very interesting.

The boat is very original and it offers some clever use of tactics like the one below , major spoiler about the tactics you can use.
    at 1st it gets you , then some clever thinking when out of ammo makes you realise AHA if i line up a few zombies here WHOOSH!! same with debris on boat swinging crane CRACK headles zombie

kdjac

kdjac, hope you dont mind me askin, you were the person looking for advice on the game yea? yet your telling me all about it. i assume you went out and got it then?? WHat rating would you give it?

Got Cold fear friday , good game should finsih it later about 8 hours gaming original and playable about 7.5 out of 10.

nothing really bad about it KB doesnt make it easy can see its a console game that way.

kdjac

Advertisement