Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Quake still available

Options
  • 31-03-2005 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Can I still buy Quake 1 in the Shops? I only want it because Trent Reznor made the music for it, so I plan to use it as an Audio CD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Haven't seen it about in an age anyway... I know play.com only have two & three.

You're best bet is probably in a collection of iD Software games or somat (the iD Anthology a few years ago had it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

aww, I just want the CD to listen to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

You can download a shareware version off the net for free, but afaik the original quake didn't have any music in it, I think Nine Inch Nails did some of the sound effects or something.

I'm probably wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I haven't listened to my Q1 CD in years, but as far as I recall the music was very subdued... almost ambient.
    Actually you've sparked my curiosity now, next time I see that CD I'll give it a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Fobia wrote:
    You can download a shareware version off the net for free, but afaik the original quake didn't have any music in it, I think Nine Inch Nails did some of the sound effects or something.

I'm probably wrong.
    Yes, yes you are :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Fobia wrote:

I'm probably wrong.

NOOB!

Quake had the best music ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Quake 2 music was far better.

The first Quake music was more just environmental sounds, freaky noises, etc than music. Although a few of the tracks were music.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

search for Equake......
    same proggie, easily downloaded from the site

http://equake.quakeworld.nu/

try that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I can give you my copy if you want. Ive tried all manners of getting it to work on XP and the bloody thing wont work. PM me if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

least it does on my xp machine, other win98se machine no bother at all

http://equake.quakeworld.nu/

easy peesssie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Someone obviously didn't bother to read the entire thread. Or even the first post.

Advertisement