Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did You Vote?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Zem

hmmm i'm not sure what to think, yeah there is a general distaste of politics and that there's this whole student apathy that we have had discussed so much but does that answer it? politics is part of my course and i have an interest, could part of the answer be that in DCU there are more sort of sciency and computery type courses and not as many artsy types of courses so there's not as much interest? or is it that people just don't view it as important? like i realise you can't generalise about people every person is different but it's just a question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thefuturehead

maybe it's that people don't see how the union makes a difference to their life in college. and if they don't see that, they won't spare the few seconds it took to vote (again this legendary apathy may be a factor)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I voted even though most of the campaigns seemed difficult to find at times. maybe next year the candidates will have a big huge convention with colourful banners, guest speakers from hollywood and rock music and ticker tate parades. That might get people to vote!

Advertisement