Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks eL action

• 31-03-2005 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Longford 0 - 1 Cork City HT

Denis Behan scoring again for City on the stroke of half time.

Not sure what the other fixtures are.

3 points for City tonight would be the job. poor crowd, maybe 600-700, 200 of which are City!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

According to Sky Sports it was Carney who scored. Trvial really, not other Premier Division fixtures tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    According to Sky Sports it was Carney who scored. Trvial really, not other Premier Division fixtures tonight.
    Kearney I assume?

I didn't recognise the name, so just copied what they said. Still 0-1, probably over/amost over by now.

Ft: 0-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Good habit of collecting 3 points in the Flansiro City have at the moment. Thats two tricky away ties City have negotiated now, and come away with full points.

UCD at home next, a team who are traditionally a bogey side for City, another 3 poinst and should be sitting pretty.

Dolan was in attendance again tonight :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Shels are playing Waterford United at Tolka tomorrow. Unfortunately I am working lates, til 10, so will miss the game.

Anyone who is interested, there will be updates live from that game available at this link tomorrow from just before Kick Off time of 8pm

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/liveupdate.php?matchid=10

I know there were some problems with it on Monday night, but it is sorted now, and seems to be working fine on test all week.

With Cork winning tonight, Shels need to beat Waterford. Hopefully the players will be in better form than they have been over the four games so far this season.

FORZA SHELS

Well Fenlons promised more good football rather than long ball tactics as the pitch is in good condition at Tolka. So fingers crossed we won't be freezing ourselves stupid for nothing! :D

Tonight's Fixtures.

Bohs -v- Derry City 7.45
    Bray -v- UCD 7.45
    Drogheda -v- St Pat's 7.45
    Shels -v- Waterford 8.00

If anyone is going to use the Live Updates link further up the thread, will you let me know how it looks and stuff.

Cheers

0-1 to Pats. Robbie Doyle with the goal. :)

Shels 1-0 Waterford
    9' Baker sent off
    15' Jason Byrne goal - peno

Bray 1-0 UCD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

www.livescore.net is possibly the best thing since soft brennans bread with smooth and chunky peanut butter mixed in, oh where have you been all my life.

/stupid work and not going early would be in Drogggeddha now possibly drunk .

kdjac

Drogs 1 - 1 SPA.

Equaliser for Drogs scored by "some cnut"!!!

gimmick wrote:
    Drogs 1 - 1 SPA.

Equaliser for Drogs scored by "some cnut"!!!

Who got sent off 8 minutes later.

text reports are looking good :D

kdjac

I don't know what the story with them is.

Seems to have settled down a little bit for the second half though.

Finished 1-1 in Utd Park. I would have thought thats a decent point for SPA?

Drogs looking very uncertain at the mo, but that happens when your are playing with a pretty much entire new 1st 11.

Bohs 0 - 1 Derry
    Bray 1 - 0 UCD
    Shels 1 - 0 Waterford

Bray are doing themselves huge early favours getting some nice pointage on the board.

At the rate things are going, we could have an SPL type league this year between City and Shels, who are the top 2 already. Bohs early poor form will cost them attendences, and their very patient ( :rolleyes: ) fans will not help them one bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

go on Bray :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

is the shels match over yet? they played 5 minutes of injury time !!

I think the point in Drogheda is a very good one for the Stains alright.

I wasn't at the Shels game, but by all accounts Colin Hawkins had a very good game.

What an idiot Baker seems to be, hitting a player while on the ground is unacceptable, and a red card after six minutes. Hopefully Bobby Ryan will be just as good, if not better than Baker has been.

I disagree about the SPL type of situation gimmick, although Shels did get a win tonight, and it was hard fought. The only thing seperating us and your lot at the moment, in the league anyway, is the alphabet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Drogheda will challenge, if Shels are taking time to gel they're getting it twice as bad. They wont win it though, they lack a 20 goal a season striker, but they're a good team.

Shels were playing some really fantastic stuff up until the goal, then when we scored we went completley defencive and just soaked up the pressure. Not the best to watch, to say the least. We then attacked a bit late on. Hoolahan and Hawkins were both sensational, some of Wes' bits of skill and touches are simply absolutley sublime.

But, up until the goal, we were very impressive and putting some real class moves together, I've no doubt it would have continued were it not for the sending off which meant after we scored we just retreated. I think we're getting it right now though and the start of the game showed what we're capable of.

Nice to hear....but I feckin missed it

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:

I disagree about the SPL type of situation gimmick, although Shels did get a win tonight, and it was hard fought. The only thing seperating us and your lot at the moment, in the league anyway, is the alphabet.

I am aware that we are only split by Alphabet at the mo, and I am not saying that Shels win tonight was not hard fought, my point is, is that after 3 games City and Shels are equal on points, and it will more or less continue like that for the rest of the season. I am also aware that Bray are there as well, but even Mick Devlin himself knows that they wont be 'joint top' for too much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Pats -Drogs game was desperate
    It really doesnt deserve any more of a write up than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

gimmick wrote:
    I am aware that we are only split by Alphabet at the mo, and I am not saying that Shels win tonight was not hard fought, my point is, is that after 3 games City and Shels are equal on points, and it will more or less continue like that for the rest of the season. I am also aware that Bray are there as well, but even Mick Devlin himself knows that they wont be 'joint top' for too much longer.

I don't know Gimmick. I think Drogheda will get it together, they'll take time to gel but they have some quality there now. If they sign someone capable of challenging for the golden boot during the transfer window, and they have the money to do that, they'll be there or there abouts.

Pete Fahey played well for St Pats last night according to the Star :confused:

Luckily no signs of elitism in the EL this season :D

kdjac

Slash/ED wrote:
    Drogheda will challenge, if Shels are taking time to gel they're getting it twice as bad. They wont win it though, they lack a 20 goal a season striker, but they're a good team.

Shels were playing some really fantastic stuff up until the goal, then when we scored we went completley defencive and just soaked up the pressure. Not the best to watch, to say the least. We then attacked a bit late on. Hoolahan and Hawkins were both sensational, some of Wes' bits of skill and touches are simply absolutley sublime.

But, up until the goal, we were very impressive and putting some real class moves together, I've no doubt it would have continued were it not for the sending off which meant after we scored we just retreated. I think we're getting it right now though and the start of the game showed what we're capable of.
    We defender well, and Willo was amazing I thought. Weso was just as fantastic though. Crowe looked wrecked from the first whistle, Gary O'Neill looked a little bit more active and dangerous.

When will ye start calling him CROW-O, in keeping with your tradition ;):p !!!

Advertisement