Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SATA Drive problems MSI & ide drive

• 31-03-2005 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi all,

stuck with a problem...

Details are:

Motherboard is a MSI 875P NEO. System has GB of ram and pentium 4.

Promise SATA controller supports 2 sata, 1 ide

I installed on the IDE drive and now cannot get the sata drive to be recognised when i boot up the computer. I have tried many bios settings however just no go..

I need help at one stage the SATA drive was recognised but then i couldnt get the IDE drive recognised and so ended up switching some of the BIOS settings around. Now the IDE is recognised and not the SATA.

Can someone please help.

On another note i have loaded the drivers into windows and yet cannot solve..

Can someone help me troubleshoot this issue!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

try this. rightclick on my computer and click manage. click disk management and if your sata drive shows up rightclick on it and select initialise. this should sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭retneil

No joy its not appearing there and its not appearing in the BIOS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

Hi greglo23 thanks for the link i ran it and buggered the BIOS as in flashed with wrong version... :(

Are you based in dublin fancy taking a look at it ? name price ...

thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭cr

Windows is the problme! it sucks!

• Advertisement

dont talk to me about poxy window$...

i got roped into this one..

the drive is not picked up at bios level which is a pain seperate to windows..

i have tried every imaginable combination PATA + SATA and to no avail its a pain in the arse...

Advertisement