Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Deleted Items not going to the "Recycle Bin"

• 31-03-2005 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have Win 2K Professional, for the last few weeks anything I delete is not going to the recycle bin, I tried to select the file, right click and Delete and also select the file and press delete. In both cases I get the message "Are you sure you want to delete 'file name'? Yes or no.

Tried several file formats with the same result.

I tried to search for the file after deleted but does not find it.

I also right click on the Recycle bin and confirm that "Do not move to the Recycle bin. Remove file inmediately when deleted" is not selected.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Is the space allocated for the Recylcing bin full?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

<snip>

erm. could be that the files you're trying to delete are too large to fit in the recycle bin... other than that, i'm stumped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Seems a bit wierd.

what service pack are you running?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi All

thanks for your help.
    Is the space allocated for the Recylcing bin full?
    I Empty the recycle Bin and increased the size to 20%.
    erm. could be that the files you're trying to delete are too large to fit in the recycle bin... other than that, i'm stumped.
    No I even have the same problem with small notepad files.
    what service pack are you running?
    SP 3

Any other ideas, other than reinstall windows?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Update to service pack 4, i think there was a small issue addresssed with something related to that not it itself but if you update to service pack 4 it should solve the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

rest2514 may be able to recover things when you have ticked the box "do not move to the recycle bin" in it's properties.

Advertisement