Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sending an email via a form

Options
  • 31-03-2005 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Im just looking for some simple html code where a user can enter in some information such as email title and email text. Then it will be emailed to me..
    Is this possible using html or will i have to use asp or something like that? I looked on google but found nothing except having to use asp etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

dawballz wrote:
    Im just looking for some simple html code where a user can enter in some information such as email title and email text. Then it will be emailed to me..
    Is this possible using html or will i have to use asp or something like that? I looked on google but found nothing except having to use asp etc.

Your host may have a CGI for doing this; the form can be HTML and just send the user to a CGI page. Alternatively, if you have PHP at least, this is very easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

If you have PHP tell me and i'll give u a simple enough script

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

I'm not sure if my host(esatclear.ie) supports php..
    (It is just a case of it supporting php isnt it?)
    Can anyone verify this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Esatclear - I presume you mean the free hosting? You don't have access to PHP or any other form of CGI with those kind of accounts.

Ah ok...

Could you recommend a free website host with no ads/banner that support it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Freehost.ie

I have no domain name.. I found a place www.hostingisfree.com and signed up so hopefully they'll allow my site...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

dawballz wrote:
    I have no domain name.. I found a place www.hostingisfree.com and signed up so hopefully they'll allow my site...

If you ever GET accepted, then, yep, you can do form mail easily with them. But really, it's not such a big deal. There are lots of services where you have a HTML form on your site that goes to a script of some sort on their site, some of them free. Bravehost used to be a big one, I think.

(And I don't like the look of their TOS)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

I wrote an easy to use form to email script. I'll host the script for you on my server if you want and you can use it to post forms to and they will be converted to emails and sent to whereever you want.

Have a look at the script... You'll only have to worry about the HTML part and I'll host the ASP part for you if you want...

http://www.dynamic.ie/sourcecode/formtomail.asp

Let me know,

Rgds,

Dave

DJB wrote:
    I wrote an easy to use form to email script. I'll host the script for you on my server if you want and you can use it to post forms to and they will be converted to emails and sent to whereever you want.

Have a look at the script... You'll only have to worry about the HTML part and I'll host the ASP part for you if you want...

http://www.dynamic.ie/sourcecode/formtomail.asp

Let me know,

Rgds,

Dave

Thanks for the offer and no offence but I'd rather have it hosted myself so I could make any changes etc. I want easier.
    Appreciate the offer though.

• Advertisement

dawballz wrote:
    Thanks for the offer and no offence but I'd rather have it hosted myself so I could make any changes etc. I want easier.
    Appreciate the offer though.
    No bother man! No offence taken! :D

I've a reseller account with H365 to host all my domains... if you want some space... i'll throw you an account. Just cause I'm such a nice guy and I was on the beer last night! :D

Rgds,

Dave

Jaysus I wouldn't say no to that tbh.. is it ad free?
    PHP supported?
    Thats all my requirements really... and an ie host would be nice(if H365 is ie?) but it doesnt matter that much really...

Drop me a pm with your email address/name/phone number and i'll set up an account.

Yeah it's ad free. I only use the Windows Servers and I've loads of space on the linux servers that I never use. You can have some of that or a win account... up to you. Win account supports asp, cgi, php, etc. asp not supported on linux.

You'll need a domain name for your site in order to use the hosting account but if you don't wanna buy one, I can give you a subdomain of one of my personal ones, e.g. http://yourname.cheeurs.com or something like that.

Glad to be of help :D

Rgds,

Dave

pm sent.
    cheers

Advertisement